Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50294 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 33 IS UP*
« Reply #405 on: November 17, 2012, 12:24:02 am »

Let Hans KO that man as he leaves and drag him off a ways before finishing him by pulling his armour off and ripping his heart out/punching him in the chest with his clubs until he dies. Put his armour back on to cover the wound as best as possible and then reanimate him.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 33 IS UP*
« Reply #406 on: November 18, 2012, 02:34:51 am »

TURN 34

Derm
"Right, well that's them I suppose. I'll just start firing unless anyone has any objections?"

Weapons free!
Derm lines up his Harquebus with the nearest horseman and fires, [2+1=3 vs. 2] [3+2=5 vs. 1+1=2] The blast knocks hims from his horse, but he is able to stand and continue the charge albeit at a slightly slower pace, one of the other bodyguards nocks an arrow and fires at one of the men still on horseback [6+1=7 vs. 5+1=6] [6+1=7 vs. 2+1=3] The arrow lodges in his chest but he tears the arrow out and continues riding. The two other bodyguards, one armed with a sword and shield, the other with a long spear take up positions nearby the caravan itself. The horsemen are closing fast, they are approximately 500 yards away.

Falvich
Falvich will now loot the mage's shop of everything worthwhile. If there's something that will stabilize/let the mage live until help arrives, apply it to him, otherwise leave him to die.

I...I didn't want Falvich to be a cold-blooded killer. What have I done? I shouldn't have been reading that horror-mystery...Good book though, was based from the killer's view, not the detectives. And no cheesy romance!
Falvich [2+1=3] grabs some more random scrolls and finds nothing else. The mage, quietly coughs, choking on his blood as it pours from his mouth and stops breathing. 

Juba Freedmen
Follow the river looking for a town of some sort.
Juba follows the river and eventually comes across a lake amidst a small forest.

Gweg Kenson
"Dragonshit."

Kill the last bandit as quickly as possible, then be quiet and figure out if anyone has awoken.
[4 vs. 5-1=4] Gweg reaches the bandit at what looks to be the entrance of a cave and [1+1=2 vs. 6-1-2=3] buries his greatsword in the dirt just behind the bandit who quickly sprints away into the darkness. No one else seems to be outside the cave though.

Groz Talvor
"Ladies, please. Stop arguing and let the mage think.
... Aha!
Merchantman! I have decided through logic that you aren't telling me something. Where did you get those wares and how did you get them?"

Cast yet another lie-detection spell.
"Many different people! I wrote out my own scrolls, purchased hides from various hunters, purchased food from local farmers, that sort of thing." You sense he is lying.

Atla
Let Hans KO that man as he leaves and drag him off a ways before finishing him by pulling his armour off and ripping his heart out/punching him in the chest with his clubs until he dies. Put his armour back on to cover the wound as best as possible and then reanimate him.
[5 vs. 2] Hans sneaks up behind the man successfully and clubs him on the head [6+3=9 vs. 4-2=2] The man's head shatters into millions of pieces and he collapses to the ground. No one inside the tent seems to have heard though.

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 34 IS UP*
« Reply #407 on: November 18, 2012, 02:41:28 am »

"WRONG ANSWER!
Groz telekenetically bitchslaps the merchant - it won't hurt him, but it will sting like hell.
"Now where did you get the merchandise? No lies."
Just have a lie detection spell on until indicated otherwise.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 18, 2012, 08:10:50 am »

"There's more bandits to slay."

Head back to camp. Stop if activity is sensed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 18, 2012, 10:53:20 am »

Falvich will grumble, and head to the secret cellar area or what-not, and loot it!

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 18, 2012, 11:13:39 am »

'All around the trading post, the dwemer chased the bandit, the dwemer thought t'was all in fun, Pop goes the bandit!"
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 11:31:53 am by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #411 on: November 18, 2012, 11:25:29 am »

Tell Hans to drag him away somewhere out of sight and take up his position again once he's finished. Keep listening and watching all the while.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2012, 11:41:49 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 18, 2012, 12:56:35 pm »

Search around the lake, look for any kind of road leading to a town or village.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 20, 2012, 12:54:37 am »

TURN 35

Groz Talvor
"WRONG ANSWER!
Groz telekenetically bitchslaps the merchant - it won't hurt him, but it will sting like hell.
"Now where did you get the merchandise? No lies."
Just have a lie detection spell on until indicated otherwise.
[3] The merchant winces slightly but repeats again, "I already told you!" You sense he is lying.
The hooded dwarf shoves Groz aside, "Clearly you have no idea what you're doing." [6+1=7] The hooded dwarf seizes the merchant by the throat and slams him against his stand, all the while pulling a dagger from his belt and holding it against the merchant's throat. "Now tell me..." he whispers, "where... did you get... your merchandise?"

Gweg Kenson
"There's more bandits to slay."

Head back to camp. Stop if activity is sensed.
Gweg returns to the campfire. He sees nothing unusual, besides the two bandits' corpses.

Falvich
Falvich will grumble, and head to the secret cellar area or what-not, and loot it!
Falvich heads over to the cellar's entrance and reaches for the iron ring, a ball of flame shoots at him from behind [4 vs. 2] but he yanks open the cellar and dives in just as the fireball sails by. He falls several feet before landing face down on a cold stone floor, he pulls himself up but it's too dark to see anything.

Derm
'All around the trading post, the dwemer chased the bandit, the dwemer thought t'was all in fun, Pop goes the bandit!"

[5+1=6 vs. 3+1=4] [1+2=3 vs. 2+1=3] Derm fires at the nearest horseman. And merely knocks him off balance, but he quickly fires again, [4+1=5 vs. 3+1=4] [4+2=6 vs. 3+1=4] The second shot hits his head, knocking off his hat and shatters one of his eardrums. The archer nocks and fires an arrow as well [4+1=5 vs. 3+1=4] [5+1=6 vs. 2+1=3] which thunks into his stomach. He fires another at a different horseman [4+1=5 vs. 4+1=5] [3+1=4 vs. 2+1=3] which lodges in his stomach as well, albeit not very deep. The horsemen are nearly upon the caravan.

Atla
Tell Hans to drag him away somewhere out of sight and take up his position again once he's finished. Keep listening and watching all the while.
Hans drags him off while Atla continues to listen. "How do you think we can best such an army? They aren't even people for Andraste's sake! They are created in some hell pit by Vemalaaz, armed with unnatural weapons and the thickest armor in the world! They cannot be beaten!" Another captain pipes up, "What about the Dwarves of Akasha, surely they've thought of something by now?" "Perhaps, but if they have, how do we contact them?"

Juba Freedmen
Search around the lake, look for any kind of road leading to a town or village.
[4] Juba searches in the vicinity of the lake, eventually he finds a road leading south. The cobble seems to have been covered by many booted feet and is in quite terrible condition.

Sorry it's been taking so long to get turns up. The forums have been going really slow for me recently.

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 20, 2012, 12:55:46 am »

And this is why it sucks when forums lag...
« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:29:30 am by Urist McBeanie »

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 20, 2012, 12:57:03 am »

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:30:10 am by Urist McBeanie »

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 20, 2012, 12:58:11 am »

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:29:48 am by Urist McBeanie »

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 20, 2012, 12:59:19 am »

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:29:23 am by Urist McBeanie »

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 20, 2012, 01:00:20 am »

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:29:32 am by Urist McBeanie »

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 20, 2012, 01:03:11 am »

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 01:25:21 am by Urist McBeanie »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 43