Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50299 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 35 IS UP*
« Reply #420 on: November 20, 2012, 01:34:20 am »

((Holy posting, Batman!))
"Now, now, I didn't know we were allowed to threaten the lives of the sheep. If so, this will make it much more interesting. Groz turns to address the merchant.
But you should probably do as he says. If you don't, he'll probably cut your throat from the look of it, and I won't do much; just turn your blood to acid so it corrodes you from the inside out and you die lying facedown in a pool of your own acidic blood, sreaming as my friend here holds your face down into the blood and your flesh is stripped away and you die in horrible agony. Then I'll raise your corpse and use it as a toilet for a year, then practice my combat spells on it. Then I'll probably contact a god, say you blasphemed, and send you into eternal torment.
Or you could just tell us where you got the merchandise."

Groz smiles pleasantly.
"Your choice."

« Last Edit: November 20, 2012, 02:01:05 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 20, 2012, 01:59:00 am »

Falvich will cast a minor light enchantment on one of his daggers. Temporary, of course; - Just to make it glow, to lighten the room.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #422 on: November 20, 2012, 02:11:01 am »

Summon as many earth golems as I can/the largest earth golem I can within the tent from the ground beneath their feet. Once that has been done, collapse the tent on them and bash and stab it with Hans until everything beneath it stops moving.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 20, 2012, 07:51:48 am »

Fire until they come right up to us, then flip the gun backwards and whack one right off their horse.

Then fire again while he's down.

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 20, 2012, 10:47:57 am »

Follow the road in to town, keep checking to make sure demon Fido is still out cold.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 20, 2012, 04:45:26 pm »

Sneak into a tent.
Kill whoever is inside.
Repeat until discovered.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 23, 2012, 03:49:16 pm »

TURN 36

Groz Talvor
((Holy posting, Batman!))
"Now, now, I didn't know we were allowed to threaten the lives of the sheep. If so, this will make it much more interesting. Groz turns to address the merchant.
But you should probably do as he says. If you don't, he'll probably cut your throat from the look of it, and I won't do much; just turn your blood to acid so it corrodes you from the inside out and you die lying facedown in a pool of your own acidic blood, sreaming as my friend here holds your face down into the blood and your flesh is stripped away and you die in horrible agony. Then I'll raise your corpse and use it as a toilet for a year, then practice my combat spells on it. Then I'll probably contact a god, say you blasphemed, and send you into eternal torment.
Or you could just tell us where you got the merchandise."

Groz smiles pleasantly.
"Your choice."
The horrified look on the merchant's face swiftly leaves as he starts talking as fast as he can, "I got it from a smuggler who comes to the city every week he told me no one could find out but, clearly that didn't work! That's all I know, please let me go! I'm just a poor merchant who needed some extra income!"

Falvich
Falvich will cast a minor light enchantment on one of his daggers. Temporary, of course; - Just to make it glow, to lighten the room.
[4] Falvich manages to light up one of his daggers. (It should last 3-4 turns) Lighting up the room, he looks around, on one side of the room lies a row of bookshelves. on the opposite, more bookshelves, to his right, a long table and to his left is a peculiar stone wall he can't place what makes it odd though.

Atla
Summon as many earth golems as I can/the largest earth golem I can within the tent from the ground beneath their feet. Once that has been done, collapse the tent on them and bash and stab it with Hans until everything beneath it stops moving.
[3] Atla summons the largest earth golem he can under the table, it quickly grows in size and the table breaks as the surrounding men stumble backward to avoid it's growth. [5] Atla then hurries to each corner of the tent slashing the ropes keeping it in place. The tent collapses. and Atla and Hans jump on top of the tent [1] seeing as the tent is still moving wildly due to whatever is happening down there Atla and Hans slip and fall, but they each here something crack underneath them. 2 soldiers wriggle free and run off into the night.

Derm
Fire until they come right up to us, then flip the gun backwards and whack one right off their horse.

Then fire again while he's down.

Derm fires [3+1=4 vs. 6+1=7] But the shot flies past his target's left shoulder before quickly dissipating. The archer runs off to reach a high point, the man with the spear braces it on the ground in the path of one of the enemy horsemen. The swordsman prepares to swing for the nearest passing horseman. Derm flips his Harquebus and swings it for the nearest horseman [6 vs. 4+1=5] [4 vs. 2] The horseman falls back and Derm puts his Harquebus against the fallen horseman's head and takes a shot. [3+3=6 vs. 6-3=3] His head explodes in a gory mess of brain matter and blood. One of the archers fires an arrow aiming at an enemy's head [1+1=2 vs. 3+1=4] Though the arrow misses. The braced spearman's spear shatters as it impales the horseman in the chest, he flies backward with a wail as he lands on the ground. The swordsman swings for the nearest horseman [5+1=6 vs. 2+1=3] [5+2=7 vs. 5+1=6] The blow does indeed knock him off his horse. So the swordsman lunges forward and stabs him through the chest. ((By the way, unimportant characters' deaths are not added to the casualties section on the bottom of the post.))

Horsemen's Initial Charge
Horseman
@Derm [4-2-1=1 vs. 2] The heavily bleeding horseman leans down and lashes out at Derm but miscalculates and misses entirely.
Horseman
@Spearman [4-2-1=1 vs. 6] The heavily bleeding horseman leans down and swings wildly at the spearman but misses as well.
Horseman
@Swordsman [5-2=3 vs. 1] [2+2 vs. 5+1] The swing merely tears up the swordsman armor a little bit.
Horseman
@Derm [2-2=0 vs. 3] The swing misses as the horseman crashes into the caravan and collapses to the ground under his horse.
Horseman
@Archer The horseman rides up the hill towards the archer.

Juba Freedman
Follow the road in to town, keep checking to make sure demon Fido is still out cold.
Juba follows the road for a few hours but fails to spot any signs of a town. The hellhound is twitching a little bit.

Gweg Kenson
Sneak into a tent.
Kill whoever is inside.
Repeat until discovered.

Gweg sneaks into the first tent out of two and [5] slashes the bandits' throat. He exits and heads into the other [1] Gweg somehow manages to bury his sword in the ground beside the bandit who quickly stands and unsheathes his sword.

Also, I've been thinking about adding a couple more players. Would everyone be fine with that?

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 36 IS UP*
« Reply #427 on: November 23, 2012, 03:53:21 pm »

"You fellows aren't very good at this, are you?"

There aren't actually very many ways to spice up the action of 'Keep shooting till shits dead'.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 23, 2012, 03:54:41 pm »

Falvich will loot the bookshelves! There must be magical tomes there, to learn more magic from!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 23, 2012, 04:06:58 pm »

((Go ahead.))
Try to remove sword. Kill the bandit with whatever is in my hand(s) at that point. If nothing's in my hands, grab the bandit and kill him with that. Or punch him, something lethal.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 23, 2012, 04:54:44 pm »

"Name? Location he arrives? Any soldiers with him? Info. Now."
Turn to guard.
"I've decided to help you a while longer, friend. We'll find this smuggler, perhaps take care of him, and then perhaps you could take me to the lord of the city as a favor?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: November 23, 2012, 05:00:55 pm »

(( Wow my luck sucks at finding towns....
I'm good with more players. ))

Use magic to put the dog fully to sleep again, continue following river to find a town.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 05:11:02 pm by mesor »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #432 on: November 23, 2012, 05:08:08 pm »

((I'm fine with more players.))
Finish off anyone who is still alive under the tent. Tell Hans to see if he can track down those soldiers before they get too far, and to come back if he can't catch up to and kill them within a mile or two.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 05:09:54 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 25, 2012, 05:44:15 pm »

TURN 37

Derm
"You fellows aren't very good at this, are you?"

There aren't actually very many ways to spice up the action of 'Keep shooting till shits dead'.
[6+1=7 vs. 4+1=5] [6+2=8 vs. 2+1=3] Derm fires and hits the horseman with an arrow in his chest. The man falls from his horse unmoving. The [2] horseman pinned behind him flails and fails to do anything as Derm lines up a shot and fires [1+1+3=5 vs. 3-3=0] blowing his head apart. The spearman unsheathes his short sword and runs up the hill to assist the archer. As he does so, another horseman rides up on him. The spearman turns and stabs at him with his shortsword [1 vs. 5+1=6] but the horseman rides right by towards the archer, but is stopped when he looses an arrow at the horseman's head, [6+1=7 vs. 1+1=2] [5+1+1=7 vs. 1+1=2] the arrow pierces the horseman's skull and he slumps against his horse. The swordsman lashes out at a passing horseman [5+1=6 vs. 5+1=6] [4+1=5 vs. 4+1=5] the blade nicks his horse but nothing more. The man with a fractured leg moves toward the caravan as fast as possible but stumbles and falls to the ground. The other horseman charging at the archer swings at him [4 vs. 2] [4+2+1=7 vs. 3] and lops off his arm.

Falvich
Falvich will loot the bookshelves! There must be magical tomes there, to learn more magic from!
Falvich hurries over to the bookshelves and grabs the first book he sees, [6] suddenly the bookshelf swings around bringing Falvich with it and he finds himself in a different room. It is lit in the center by a hovering crystal, the walls, lined with thousands of different books of many various shapes, colors, and sizes. In one corner of the room is a small wooden chair with another book atop it.

Gweg Kenson
((Go ahead.))
Try to remove sword. Kill the bandit with whatever is in my hand(s) at that point. If nothing's in my hands, grab the bandit and kill him with that. Or punch him, something lethal.
Gweg yanks on the sword [4] and it pops out and he immediately swings the sword around [6+1=7 vs. 2] [6+2=8 vs. 3-1=2] shearing his head from his shoulders.

Groz Talvor
"Name? Location he arrives? Any soldiers with him? Info. Now."
Turn to guard.
"I've decided to help you a while longer, friend. We'll find this smuggler, perhaps take care of him, and then perhaps you could take me to the lord of the city as a favor?"
"He, uh.... he should be here tonight. I don't know about any guards. If they're there I've never seen any. He usually waits behind the Golden Fig Tavern." Groz turns to the hooded dwarf, and asks "I've decided to help you a while longer, friend. We'll find this smuggler, perhaps take care of him, and then perhaps you could take me to the lord of the city as a favor?" the dwarf grunts and turns around heading down the street.

Juba Freedmen
(( Wow my luck sucks at finding towns....
I'm good with more players. ))

Use magic to put the dog fully to sleep again, continue following river to find a town.
[6-1=5] Juba believes he has put the dog to sleep and continues along the river looking for signs of civilization. Eventually, the road begins heading up a large mountain. On one side of the path he can see a small hole in the rock.

Atla
((I'm fine with more players.))
Finish off anyone who is still alive under the tent. Tell Hans to see if he can track down those soldiers before they get too far, and to come back if he can't catch up to and kill them within a mile or two.
6 guards wriggle free as Atla slaughters 6 more. There seem to be approximately ten figures left. Hans runs off to chase the eight fleeing men. He manages to catch two of them and bash their skulls in but the rest make it away. So Hans returns to Atla.

Xarius
Xarius awakes in a small room measuring about 24x24x24. A man sits in the corner sleeping as well. To one side is a set of steel bars. The rest is all cold hard stone.

Calenmiriel
Calenmiriel drops into a hunter's stance as the deer stops in a small clearing and begins to eat a few nearby flowers.

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Calenmiriel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 37 IS UP*
« Reply #434 on: November 25, 2012, 05:48:31 pm »

"Hah!"

Finish them!
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 43