Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50166 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 38 IS UP*
« Reply #450 on: November 28, 2012, 07:33:35 am »

Kill ALL the bandits! [Meme Image]
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 28, 2012, 07:59:34 am »

"Oh, boy..."

Kill bandits. Start by running backwards so they get separated, the fastest in front and the slowest in back. Then kill the fastest before the second-fastest can catch up, and so on until I've killed all nine or my plan implodes.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #452 on: November 28, 2012, 09:08:11 am »

Cautiously remove the sheet and see what lies under. Grab everything of value and gtfo.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 28, 2012, 11:04:38 am »

Falvich will look for two things: Something to read any language, such as magical glasses or what-not, and/or any books written in English or Elvish.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 28, 2012, 05:27:03 pm »

Xarius will try to check the other prisoner's pulse, trying not to wake him/her. If alive, try to kill him. If dead, resurrect. With the resurrection having more focus on looking normal rather than on power or longevity.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 29, 2012, 11:18:10 pm »

TURN 39

Groz Talvor
Wait until the smuggler gets there, then break his limbs with magic and nicely ask him where he keeps his stash of items.
Eventually, [5] Groz hears someone walking through the alley. As he prepares to cast the spell [5] a figure flies off of the roof and lands on him before standing, there is a corpse lying there with an axe lodged in his head.

Juba Freedmen
Continue to try wake the dog, once it is awake attempt to tame it, use magic to assist by influencing the dogs mind and making it loyal to me.
[5] Juba wakes the hellhound and attempts to tame it, trying to use magic to influence it's mind. [4-1-1=2] Due to the fact he has nearly no practice in using his magic on other creatures, and the fact he has no experience with animal training, Juba fails to tame the hellhound. He learns a tiny bit more about it though.

Calenmiriel

Collect the arrow from the body, the meat and hide, as well as the antlers if it had any and put it away. Look for the clearest path through the woods and follow it, keeping to the shadows cast by the moon.
[4] Calenmiriel pulls the arrow out of the deer, and takes as much meat and hide as she can. It had no antlers so she heads off to the east.

Derm
Kill ALL the bandits! [Meme Image]
[5+1=6 vs. 6-2=4] [5+2=7 vs. 2+1=3] Derm fires a shot at the man limping towards him, the force applied to his face manages to knock him backwards 5 feet. He seems to no longer be moving so Derm sights in on the final horseman still lying on the ground coughing up blood. Just as he is about to fire, the bandit shutters and stops moving altogether.

Gweg Kenson
"Oh, boy..."

Kill bandits. Start by running backwards so they get separated, the fastest in front and the slowest in back. Then kill the fastest before the second-fastest can catch up, and so on until I've killed all nine or my plan implodes.
[5] Gweg runs backward before turning:
@ <-- This is Gweg

6:||
5:|
4:||
3:||
2:||
1:

The first two charge ahead. Gweg swings in a wide arc, hoping to hit both [6+1=7 vs. 3] [3+2+1=6 vs. 2] [4+1=5 vs. 1] [4+2+1=7 vs. 3] He slashes both of them across the face and they recoil in pain:
@ <--This is Gweg
|
||
||
||

||

Atla
Cautiously remove the sheet and see what lies under. Grab everything of value and gtfo.
((PM:)) I meant grab as much non-equipment loot as was available to stuff into my "pockets". While I'm at it I'll gather the weapons into a pile to see what we can use.
Atla [2] goes through the corpses quickly and grabs as much as he can, he's in a hurry though so he doesn't examine every item closely. He gather the (unbroken) weapons into a pile and sees if there would be anything of use. [3] Most of it seems to be standard soldier tier weapons nothing really better than what he and Hans has at the moment.

Falvich
Falvich will look for two things: Something to read any language, such as magical glasses or what-not, and/or any books written in English or Elvish.
[2] Falvich fails to find something that probably doesn't exist. [5] And looks through the first few shelves, he finds a few but the majority are all written in languages unrecognizable to anyone than a scholar or highly experienced mage.

Xarius
Xarius will try to check the other prisoner's pulse, trying not to wake him/her. If alive, try to kill him. If dead, resurrect. With the resurrection having more focus on looking normal rather than on power or longevity.
Xarius lightly probes for the prisoner's pulse [4+1=5 vs. 5] but his head rolls away before Xarius can check and the other prisoner starts to groan. Seizing his opportunity Xarius attempts to break his neck [3-1=2 vs. 5] But he only turns his head a little, he is staring right into Xarius' eyes and asks, "What are you doing?"

The Sun is rising...
Just so everyone knows, night and day are going to be 10 turns each so the sun will is beginning to rise as of now.

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Calenmiriel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 39 IS UP*
« Reply #456 on: November 29, 2012, 11:24:45 pm »

Attack the bandit in front of me!
Cut off his head if possible; slash across the chest if not.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 29, 2012, 11:27:38 pm »

"Right, that's everyone then. Any of you get nicked?"
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

TacticalUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 29, 2012, 11:33:52 pm »

Move through the woods as quickly as possible, keep an eye and ear out for people, roads, towns, camps etc.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 11:48:46 pm by TacticalUnicorn »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 30, 2012, 12:05:13 am »

Cast a shield that will absorb the kenetic energy of any projectile that contacts it, effectively stopping it, before calling out to the figure from the shadows, using magic to cast my voice so it comes from the shadows opposite me.
"Nice work there. Who might you be?"
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 30, 2012, 12:10:32 am »

@Derm: You hear another cacophony of screeches and yells from the archer currently writhing around on the ground on the hillside while the sword and spearman try to find a way to fix it.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #461 on: November 30, 2012, 12:19:59 am »

GTFO.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 30, 2012, 03:34:49 am »

Draw my sword and keep it ready, attempt to tame the hell hound again, first naturally then if that fails with magic.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 30, 2012, 11:05:37 am »

"What's all the fuss about, then?" Investigate!

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 30, 2012, 12:11:08 pm »

Falvich will search for some sort of list, magical or not, detailing what books are kept well! Er, did I say search? I MEANT LOOT, OBVIOUSLY!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 04:20:11 pm by Caerwyn »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 43