Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50323 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 42 IS UP*
« Reply #495 on: December 09, 2012, 05:14:58 pm »

Attack bandit in front. Whichever is easier to hit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: December 09, 2012, 06:10:14 pm »

...Continue with plan, I guess? Ready some magic shields to stop arrows and weapons around me.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: December 12, 2012, 04:38:44 pm »

TURN 43

Derm
"Right, that worked. Lets go!"

Onwards!
The other guards pick up the archer and place him inside the caravan. The merchant returns to the front of the covered wagon and reins in the horses as they set off on their merry way once more. As they travel a while longer, a town appears in the distance.

Juba Freedmen
Meditate to focus my mind and increase my control over my powers temporarily then tame the hell hound...... again.
[6] Juba sits and focuses, feeling more capable in general in his magic abilities, ((Level Up)) feeling newly invigorated Juba attempts to tame the hellhound, [1] and the hound begins to growl under it's breath. ((Well that was anticlimactic))

Xarius

Whatever is necessary. Whatever is within my power. Leave this painfully lucky creature alone. Call for a guard.
Xarius stands and calls out to a guard, [6] almost immediately, a guard with his helmet covering his eyes bumbles around the corner and knocks his head on the wall before mumbling, "Wha- What is it?"

Falvich
Falvich will leave, and explore the city for fun.
Falvich exits the mages shop and explores the city, walking along the streets, [1] when suddenly, the grate he stepped on collapses [5] Falvich is able to catch himself though and is now hanging an unidentified distance above something...

Calenmiriel
((Just had to try this)

Attempt to mount the horse Legolas style, and then gain control.
Calenmiriel [4-1=3] is able to mount the horse, omitting any spectacular moves and struggles to gain control [4-1=3] she struggles to gain control but the horse suddenly bucks, [6 vs. 1] though she is able to hold on.

Atla
Continue to the gates. Be wary of guards, and try to be as inconspicuous as possible until you can duck into a public shop.
Atla heads over to the gates [3] when one of the guards calls down from the battlements, "What in god's name are you?"

Gweg Kenson
Attack bandit in front. Whichever is easier to hit.
[2+1=3 vs. 5] Gweg swings his greatsword at the first bandit but he ducks and stabs at Gweg's chest [5 vs. 3+1=4] [4 vs. 6+1+1=8] but Gweg deflects the shortsword with his shield [3+1=4 vs. 4-2=2] [5+1=6 vs. 5-2=3] seeing the opportunity of the bandit bent over beneath him, Gweg strikes him on the back of the neck with his shield and he flops to the ground. [2 vs. 3+1=4] The other bandit swings but Gweg merely steps out of the way.

@ <--This is Gweg
|||      |
||       
|
|

Groz Talvor
...Continue with plan, I guess? Ready some magic shields to stop arrows and weapons around me.
Groz prepares a few [3] relatively weak magic wards, probably enough to stop 2 or 3 weak blows. Eventually Groz stops outside a large five-story building, moves the cart into the alley beside it and heads inside. [5] Groz notices a ladder in the same alleyway the cart is in.

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Calenmiriel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 43 IS UP*
« Reply #498 on: December 12, 2012, 04:44:16 pm »

'Much better! This moron seems impressionable.'

Charm the guard, if I can't do that. Just kill him with a bolt of dark magic to the face. Reanimate his corpse and command it to open the door.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: December 12, 2012, 04:45:12 pm »

To town.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: December 12, 2012, 04:49:42 pm »

Falvich will empower one of his Gold Coins with a strong light, and toss it down the hole!

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: December 12, 2012, 04:53:24 pm »

Tame the dog...... again.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: December 12, 2012, 06:24:22 pm »

((Do a better job this time.))

Run backwards to separate bandits again. Attack any bandits who manage to keep up with me.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #503 on: December 13, 2012, 12:08:53 am »

Nary but a weary mercenary seeking a warm bed and cool ale. Where, if I may ask, do I find myself this glorious morn?

TacticalUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: December 13, 2012, 12:11:46 am »

For a few minutes, ensure I have the horse under control and calmed, maybe by speaking to the horse gently or stroking the mane. And then observe it, determine whether its male or female, what does it look like ect. Before beginning to ride towards the wagon I saw before.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: December 13, 2012, 12:13:50 am »

@Atla: "Ferovale, errr... that armor you got there is awfully similar to something one of Vemalaaz's minions would wear."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: December 16, 2012, 08:40:53 pm »

"That seems fortuitous."
Go up the ladder, quietly killing any hostiles up there, then go and find a vantage point that can see the hooded dwarf. Attempt to strenghten the shields and keep an eye out for enemies.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: December 19, 2012, 06:22:12 pm »

TURN 44

Xarius
'Much better! This moron seems impressionable.'

Charm the guard, if I can't do that. Just kill him with a bolt of dark magic to the face. Reanimate his corpse and command it to open the door.
[6] Xarius speaks with the weak minded guard for some time and learns that he was forcibly conscripted and when the minotaur sympathizes, the guards asks if he can help Xarius in any way.

Derm
To town.
Derm walks along the caravan the rest of the way, upon a sign from the merchant the gates open and the caravan is let into the city.

Falvich
Falvich will empower one of his Gold Coins with a strong light, and toss it down the hole!
Falvich continues grasping for the ledge with one hand as he reaches for his pouch [2-1=1] the exertion on his arm is too much and he slips. Falling further and further for what has seems like several minutes when finally, he crashes into a 5 foot deep pool of water, the impact [1] knocks him unconscious, as well as... other wounds. ((You'll find out what they are if he ends up surviving))

Juba Freedmen
Tame the dog...... again.
[4] [2] The dog's breathing becomes rapid and it tries to stand, the hellhound itself becomes scalding hot to touch. ((This wasn't caused by your rolls just so you know))

Gweg Kenson
((Do a better job this time.))

Run backwards to separate bandits again. Attack any bandits who manage to keep up with me.
Gweg runs back full speed [6] and swings for the nearest bandit [5+1=6 vs. 2] [4+2+1=7 vs. 2] decapitating him.

@ <--This is Gweg

||    |

||
|
|     

Calenmiriel
For a few minutes, ensure I have the horse under control and calmed, maybe by speaking to the horse gently or stroking the mane. And then observe it, determine whether its male or female, what does it look like ect. Before beginning to ride towards the wagon I saw before.
[6] Calenmiriel calms the horse and determines it is a male chestnut arabian, she then grabs the reins and rides towards the wagon. Eventually as she crests a small hill, the wagon is gone, and in it's place is a large city.

Groz Talvor
"That seems fortuitous."
Go up the ladder, quietly killing any hostiles up there, then go and find a vantage point that can see the hooded dwarf. Attempt to strenghten the shields and keep an eye out for enemies.
[4] Groz sneaks up the ladder and spots three presumably hostile figures, they are sitting in the middle of the roof trying to start a fire. Unsure of exactly how to kill them stealthily, he strengthens his shields [4] they seems to be about as strong as he can make them as of now. Blocking 3 or 4 ordinary blows.

Atla
Quote from: AI
Stand still menacingly.
[1] Unsure of Atla's intents, the men on the wall head out of sight. Several minutes later they come back with a large siege crossbow they work to crank it and fit the bolt before aiming at Atla's head.

((Updated all of the Locations/Statuses))

Character List
Spoiler: Falvich (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Calenmiriel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 06:55:01 pm by Urist McBeanie »

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 44 IS UP*
« Reply #508 on: December 19, 2012, 06:24:12 pm »

Collect earnings!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 44 IS UP*
« Reply #509 on: December 19, 2012, 06:27:06 pm »

Hit it on the head with the flat of my sword to knock it out again then continue using magic to influence it's hormones to make it loyal to me.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 07:14:34 pm by mesor »
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 43