Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50281 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 44 IS UP*
« Reply #510 on: December 19, 2012, 07:02:30 pm »

'Well, well, well. It appears this country's federal employment requirements are more lax than I expected. Good.'

"Can you give me the keys to this cell? I have a vested interest in freedom."

If given the keys, escape. Close the door behind me and throw the keys to my cellmate. He didn't try to screw me over as badly as I tried to do to him, so I suppose I owe him this much.

If I don't get the keys, kill the guard. Reanimate him, and make my thrall give me the keys.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

TacticalUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: December 19, 2012, 07:09:48 pm »

A large city, in the desert, my favorite......she thinks to herself

As I ride towards the gates of the city pull up my hood. I'd rather not draw to much attention to myself. Observe whats around outside the gates, specifically determining the race who hold the city or whether or any unusual events of people around, and if there is a stable. After I make my observations Drop off the horse at the stable if there is one.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: December 19, 2012, 07:21:54 pm »

"Well, outside forces, it's easy! All you have to do is do this:
Groz causes the fire they're trying to start to flare up at temperatures hot enough to turn them all to ash. He then directs the resulting fireball at any who survive, incinerating them instantly.
((+1 to magic rolls, right?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: December 19, 2012, 07:23:59 pm »

Attack another bandit!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Caerwyn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: December 20, 2012, 01:42:21 am »

Falvich will, uh...Dream?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: December 20, 2012, 02:27:27 am »

Falvich will, uh...try to realize it is a dream and create infinite loot piles?
Sig! Onol

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: December 22, 2012, 07:35:57 pm »

TURN 45

Derm
Collect earnings!
"Of course!" The merchant responds, he hands Derm a sack of 80 coins. He notices the guard he had spoken with on the way here beckoning him over. ((Spaced out and forgot this would effectively be a talking action. Sorry.))

Juba Freedmen
Hit it on the head with the flat of my sword to knock it out again then continue using magic to influence it's hormones to make it loyal to me.
[2] The bindings on the hound incinerate from the heat. [6+3=9 vs. 6+2=8] [6+1=7 vs. 4] But Juba is able to stun the hound with a quick knock on the head before it is able to react. Suddenly, [1 vs. 4] An large axe embeds itself in the ground a few feet away. Coming toward him from the direction of the camp he had taken the hellhound from, 10 heavily armored warriors are marching toward him. They look like something similar to this.

Xarius
'Well, well, well. It appears this country's federal employment requirements are more lax than I expected. Good.'

"Can you give me the keys to this cell? I have a vested interest in freedom."

If given the keys, escape. Close the door behind me and throw the keys to my cellmate. He didn't try to screw me over as badly as I tried to do to him, so I suppose I owe him this much.

If I don't get the keys, kill the guard. Reanimate him, and make my thrall give me the keys.

[2+3=5] "Errrr... well I... um.... suppose so." The guard hands Xarius the keys, which he uses to unlock the door. He closes it behind him and tosses the keys to his cellmate. The guard pipes up, "Errrr, can you... um... help me get out of the uh... the city? If... the other guards find... um... that I let you free... they... they would probably kill me."

Calenmiriel
A large city, in the desert, my favorite......she thinks to herself

As I ride towards the gates of the city pull up my hood. I'd rather not draw to much attention to myself. Observe whats around outside the gates, specifically determining the race who hold the city or whether or any unusual events of people around, and if there is a stable. After I make my observations Drop off the horse at the stable if there is one.
Calenmiriel pulls up her hood as she rides toward the city. The area outside the gates there is nothing but the desert. [3] Judging by the guards, they are approximately the size of a human. While there is no stable outside, there may be one within the city walls.

Groz Talvor
"Well, outside forces, it's easy! All you have to do is do this:
Groz causes the fire they're trying to start to flare up at temperatures hot enough to turn them all to ash. He then directs the resulting fireball at any who survive, incinerating them instantly.
((+1 to magic rolls, right?))
Groz works his magic very effectively [5+1=6] and causes the fire to burn incredibly hot and large, successfully incinerating all of the presumed hostiles.

Gweg Kenson
Attack another bandit!
Gweg [5+1=6 vs. 3] [2+2+1=5 vs. 3] slashes open the already wounded bandits chest and he collapses to the ground, writhing in pain. [5+1=6 vs. 2] [2+2+1=5 vs. 1] Gweg quickly decapitates another. Fearing for their lives, the remaining bandits drop to their knees in surrender. When finally, a man armed with a sword & shield, wearing primarily chainmail armor steps out of the cave. "I challenge you to a duel ugly one!" he calls out.

Falvich
Falvich will, uh...Dream?
[1] Falvich, floating facedown, unconscious in the pool of sludge, dreams of rainbows and women. Before finally, the life ebbs from his broken and suffocated body, and he leaves to... a happier place.

Falvich is dead!

Atla
Quote from: AI
ATTACK!
Atla charges at the walls intent on scaling them, [1] but slams face first into the wall, causing a large indentation in the stone. At least the guards can't see him anymore...

The first death...

Character List
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Calenmiriel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: December 22, 2012, 07:37:56 pm »

Behead the hellhound then run for it up the mountain.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 07:51:27 pm by mesor »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: December 22, 2012, 07:40:55 pm »

Accept duel, then kill the bandit before he can prepare himself.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: December 22, 2012, 07:42:27 pm »

"Now of course those could've been vagrants, but ash is so hard to tell apart. Besides, that's what they get for being near me in a danger zone."
Groz looks for the aforementioned viewpoint where he can see Hoody and any hostiles near Hoody.
Sig! Onol

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: December 22, 2012, 07:55:22 pm »

"Hrm?" Derm walks  over to said guard. "Did you need something?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: December 22, 2012, 07:58:54 pm »

@Derm: "If you'd like, I can show you around the town."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 45 IS UP*
« Reply #522 on: December 22, 2012, 08:00:17 pm »

"Weeeeell I suppose you could. I've been told theres a scrapyard here. Is this true?"
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: December 22, 2012, 08:01:48 pm »

@Derm: "Well there are a lot of metals in the area, I'm sure there is somewhere people go to put their unused metals to sell them."

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: December 22, 2012, 08:04:56 pm »

"Hrm, good enough. I can find it later. I will take you up on your offer then!"

Tour 'de [City Name]!
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 43