Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How many plot/quest hooks do you think you have all collectively missed?

1-3
- 0 (0%)
4-6
- 0 (0%)
7-8
- 4 (33.3%)
9-10
- 8 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43

Author Topic: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 54 IS UP*  (Read 50159 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 45 IS UP*
« Reply #525 on: December 22, 2012, 09:01:51 pm »

"Why not. Come along. If anyone gets in the way of our escape, keep them at bay for a moment. I'll handle the rest."

Make my escape. Find a store to acquire new clothing at.
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

TacticalUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: 'Ye Olde Rolle To Dodge' 15th-16th Century Fantasy RTD *TURN 45 IS UP*
« Reply #526 on: December 22, 2012, 09:33:34 pm »

Go inside and repeat the same actions besides the hood part as I've already done it :P

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

TURN 46

Juba Freedmen
Behead the hellhound then run for it up the mountain.
[6+3=9 vs. 1+2=3] [5+2=7 vs. 2] With a swift stroke of his sword, Juba beheads the hellhound and makes a beeline up towards the mountain. [1 vs. 5-2=3] Despite their slowness the warriors seem to be catching up to Juba.

Gweg Kenson
Accept duel, then kill the bandit before he can prepare himself.
Gweg accepts the duel and the bandit leader, known as Noser, raises his sword and shield, [4] Gweg gets a good look at his equipment, and recognizes the shield as Afigi. ((info in the enemies spoiler, also, you didn't get this info before the fight because you failed the "appraisal" check)) [1+1=2 vs. 2+1=3] Gweg is unable to attack before the bandit can prepare himself. The bandit leader approaches slowly, having to close the distance due to his shorter weapon. [2] Gweg fails to act immediately when the bandit comes within range, and the Noser, uses this opportunity to charge forward and attack [4+1+1=6 vs. 4+1=5] His shortsword slips through your defenses [5+1+1=7 vs. 1+1+1=3] and Noser stabs his steel shortsword into Gweg's belly. [2+1=3] Noser clumsily yanks the sword out of Gweg's stomach. Gweg swings his greatsword, noticing his foe's imbalance. [6+1=7 vs. 5+1-1=5] [6+2+1=9 vs. 6+2+1=9] But the bandit leader casually bats the sword away with his shield.

Groz Talvor
"Now of course those could've been vagrants, but ash is so hard to tell apart. Besides, that's what they get for being near me in a danger zone."
Groz looks for the aforementioned viewpoint where he can see Hoody and any hostiles near Hoody.
Groz spots a potential viewpoint and walks over to it [1] suddenly, the wooden boards beneath him crack and break [4] but Groz manages to catch on to the ledge [1] unfortunately he slips almost immediately, luckily, the drop was only about ten feet. The down side though is he just made a ton of noise. The room he fell into is unoccupied. It's a simple room, just a cabinet and a bed with a closed door behind him.

Derm
"Hrm, good enough. I can find it later. I will take you up on your offer then!"

Tour 'de [City Name]!
Derm walks through the streets alongside the man, whom he learns is named Felfen. The city is small compared to most, the walls are stone, and is built around two main roads used to bring goods in and out of the city. The economy is based around mining, and incredibly stable. Eventually, near the center of the city, lies an averaged sized, oval shaped arena, Felfen tells Derm it is primarily for gladiatorial fights and races. The walls are a sheer black stone, which your guide tells you is obsidian. The two men pass several statues of rulers, Felfen tells Derm a small bit about them, but really nothing more than a name. As they pass several back alleys, Derm notices men scurrying off into the shadows, as well as a man in the process of being robbed. Derm gathers crime is quite rampant. Eventually, the pair returns to the front of the Colosseum, the a common meeting place and market by the looks of it.

Felfen turns to Derm and asks, "Now, is there anything specific you want me to show you? There are a few taverns here and there, and some shops, as well as your scrapyard of course, but you'd need to ask someone else about that."

Xarius
"Why not. Come along. If anyone gets in the way of our escape, keep them at bay for a moment. I'll handle the rest."

Make my escape. Find a store to acquire new clothing at.
As Xarius and the guard attempt to leave [2] they are stopped by the warden, "Where are you taking him? He is a prisoner!" The guard who freed you steps in front and responds, "He was captured by a friend of mine and he gave him to me... as a gift."

Calenmiriel
Go inside and repeat the same actions besides the hood part as I've already done it :P
Calenmiriel spots a stable nearby, she takes her horse in and gets off her newfound horse, the stablemaster, a rather tall and nondistinct male elf, strolls over, "I am Mae'oal, do you merely wish to board your horse here? Or is there something else I can do for you?"

Atla
Quote from: AI
The animated armor awaits commands from the spirit possessing it.
After an hour of Atla lying in the dirt next to the wall, several guards exit the castle and pick up Atla, they take him inside the city toward the castle keep.

Character List
Spoiler: Gweg Kenson (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Groz Talvor (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Derm (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Juba Freedmen (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Atla (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Hans (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Xarius (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Calenmiriel (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Enemies (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Casualties (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 02:59:37 pm by Urist McBeanie »

mesor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Run!!!!!! Run like a band of insane murderers are chading you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

"I swear I will find the carpenter who made those and make him have pain. Now, what have we here?"
Look in the cabinet, collecting anything useful or interesting, and then magically make the door transparent to me. Make sure nothing is on the other side.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

"Hrm... Off the top of my head, I might need to see a wizard about a  -whatstheterm- thingy! Need to see a wizard about a thingy. There some sort of mage guild here or...?"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TacticalUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In a quiet shy voice I respond, "I'd just like to board him here with you, what would be the cost of that? Also, if you could lead me in the direction of the nearest butchers shop, that would be nice."

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Derm: Felfen lowers his tone as he leans closer to Derm. "Well, I have heard some rumors about an organization, they call themselves, "The Bronze Edict." from what I've heard, they are somewhat small, but very influential group of seers. I've also heard they often employ very dangerous former criminals and thus they have many enemies. I'd suggest visiting one of the nearby taverns and asking around there, I don't know much more about them."

@Calenmiriel: "What was that? I suppose I could do it for say... 30 or so gold, something of equal value would do as well. Why do you need a butcher?"

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

"Ah, mysterious shadowy group, possibly illict! Perfect, seems like my week is planning itself out. I'll check that out later, need to invent me some gizmos!"

To the scrapyard!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

TacticalUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"I've only got a few coins, I was going to take this meat and hide to the butcher but I could give to you in exchange instead."

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Calenmiriel: [5] "Eh, half of it will do just fine, here, I'll take you to the butcher."

TacticalUnicorn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Great."

Follow the stable-master, as we walk, learn what I can about the city, preferably without talking to anyone.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 02:37:55 pm by TacticalUnicorn »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

What's Afgi? You promised info on it in the Enemies spoiler, but there wasn't any.

I knew I should have skipped the honor crap...
Grab the human's shield arm.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Urist McBeanie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, hold your mouse over the item in Noser's equipment. It's an acronym.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

...How do you do that?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 43