Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221358 times)

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #75 on: November 10, 2012, 03:55:18 am »

Tell her the truth. No, we don't have a name.

Supporting this to break the tie.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: November 10, 2012, 06:12:11 am »

Supporting this to prevent a new tie.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 10, 2012, 12:58:32 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"No. I have yet to earn a name. Do you have one?" You ask in spite of knowing.

"Haven't earned a name... what a strange culture... I'm Esmeralda, Eldest daughter of Foghorn the Vile. My father is out to prove his might by slaying all other wizards presumptuous enough to build towers. Somebody threw the guy in charge of this place in a time loop, so dad has to get him out before he can kill the man..."

Esmeralda smacks herself on the forehead. "I'm supposed to be looking for the guy who set up the timeloop, not talking to some experiment in the dungeon. Why don't you just tag along for a few minutes and we can let my father figure out what is wrong with you and and your people when he is finished."

The woman beckons for you to follow her before turning her back to you and heading for the stairs. At least your hypnotism is preventing her from being cautious. If you want to make a move, now would be the ideal moment, but you are not sure if you like the prospect of dealing with two wizards on hostile terms...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 01:24:02 pm by Weirdsound »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 10, 2012, 12:59:19 pm »

Supporting this to prevent a new tie.
Yeah, it'd be stupid to lie to her about our name.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 10, 2012, 01:06:46 pm »

Follow quietly, but remain on gaurd. If the older wizard makes a hostile action then put him in a "Slow Bubble" and run circles around him, avoiding anything he can throw.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: November 10, 2012, 01:13:03 pm »

We could fake not knowing what is going on with the wizard, and pretend to have been a captive.
Help them get the wizard out of the time loop, and help to kill him.
Ingratiate ourselves to the vile dude.
Maybe try to trick Leghorn into giving his daughter to us in some kind of deal.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 10, 2012, 04:16:55 pm »

Character:
Follow quietly, but remain on gaurd. If the older wizard makes a hostile action then put him in a "Slow Bubble" and run circles around him, avoiding anything he can throw.

Esmeralda leads you on an uneventful sweep of the tower's lower floors before leading you back to the bedroom where her father is working furiously to unravel your spell. "Father. Look what I found locked up in the dungeons."

The older wizard turns and your eyes meet. His robe is black and his skin smooth, if it wasn't for the fact that his hair and impressive mustache are a silver-grey you would place him in his daughter's age group. Judging by his relative youth, and the fact that he is trying to tackle your spell himself, you suspect that he is an Eon Manipulator.

Without even performing a hand-gesture or speaking an incantation the wizard scans you like his daughter did, You briefly glow purple, bright enough to cause Esmeralda to shield her eyes. As the spell concludes Foghorn's jaw drops. 1d20 = 9 + 7(His Skill) = 16

The wizard speaks with amazement. "...You are a Night Troll, aren't you? You should be dead! How in the blazes did Pyrost get you here? ...Or did you get here yourself. Those Tattoos do imply competency in magic..."

« Last Edit: November 10, 2012, 05:20:40 pm by Weirdsound »

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 10, 2012, 05:06:19 pm »

Tell him that we used our magic to escape into the future. Its mostly true.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 10, 2012, 05:22:41 pm »

Tell him that our father transported us into the future for some unknown reason. Tell him we took from our ethics from our (elf) night troll mother.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 10, 2012, 06:42:48 pm »

+w

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 10, 2012, 07:07:13 pm »

+w
1+

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 10, 2012, 07:42:49 pm »

Character:

"I used my magic to escape into the future." You say, again shifting your color to show off your tattoos. Sadly Foghorn doesn't buy it for a second.

His awed expression fades and confidence floods into his voice. You find this new in frightening. Out of all the mortals your father brought back to the cave, none of them have ever spoken with confidence. "You are bluffing. You still look juvenile, and I've been practicing Eon magic for 56 years. I couldn't hurl myself that far forward in time, no way in the nine hells that you could."

(Communication Contest for Lying/Lie Detection)
Your Roll: 1d20 = 5 + 1(Skill) +3(Proof: Tattoos) = 9
His Roll: 1d20 = 20 - 3(Untrained Skill) = 17

"I'll tell you what happened, boy, you either had help getting here on your end, or Phyros tried to tamper with Eon Magic he didn't understand and conjured a monster from the past by mistake. Either way, you threw him in a time loop, out of fear or desire to torment him, and hid in the dungeon when we showed up!"

Foghorn smirks. "You don't have to waste your time lying to me boy. I mean you no harm. Unless you have some vested intrest in the fool Phyros' survival, we have no quarrel."

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 10, 2012, 07:55:57 pm »

Well, shit. Better fess up to having help. No need to say who helped us. And we should probably explain what we want and that we have no problem with Phyros dying.

What is it that we want, anyways?

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 10, 2012, 08:08:21 pm »

I gave some suggestions a few posts ago, and will continue to do so when I see spots to add backstory, but ultimately Mr. Unamed Night Troll's goals are up to the democrobrain.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 10, 2012, 08:15:18 pm »

What we want is to ensure our race's survival.
Now, it could be in Leghorn's best interest that we survive.  We are fairly powerful, he has to admit.  And we would be the patriarch of an entire race.  All he needs to do is help us find a mate.
Then, he'll have a powerful and ancient race to help him, and then we'll have
A. A guide.
B. A wife
C. A teacher

Just to clarify, the wife doesn't have to Esmeralda.  I doubt he would allow us to do so anyway.

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 143