Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221321 times)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #465 on: November 26, 2012, 10:09:13 pm »

I think we should explain the drawbacks of enchanting to our mate, though also add that the survival of our species is more important for the moment.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 26, 2012, 11:09:04 pm »

Foghorn and Alice are probably on their way. My suggestion is to have Foghorn, Alice and Gwen go and either kill Vindel or capture him and use his soul in our bracelet.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 26, 2012, 11:52:21 pm »

Wouldn't killing Vindel so we can use his soul to break Vindel's control on us a bit redundant?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 27, 2012, 12:01:17 am »

Well, we still probably want the magical control bracelet removed.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 27, 2012, 12:07:14 am »

Yeah, but using Vindel's soul to do it just seems silly. Remove it before we see Vindel, save his soul for something special.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 27, 2012, 12:18:55 am »

I'm mostly suggesting that we use Vindel's soul on the bracelet because it's ironic and cruel, not because there's any practical reason to do so. We're a night troll. Ironic and cruel is what we do.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 27, 2012, 12:23:51 am »

I was thinking something more along the lines of having him knocked upside the head, tying him to a table as he's dazed/unconcious (possibly dead if overdone), removing his tongue and cooking and eating his hands (while attached.)

Edit: I can appreciate the irony, but it's an unnecessary risk.

« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 12:44:51 am by Mlamlah »

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 27, 2012, 12:52:42 am »

How is it not an unnecessary risk to capture him alive instead and torture him slowly?
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 27, 2012, 01:00:04 am »

I'd not count on Foghorn and Alice. Alice may be to far away and Foghorn doesn't have enough motivation to kill Vindel

My suggestion -

First option - wait for Alice few days (it's a bit risky, because I am not sure that lovebirds will find her and Vindel may visit us)

Spend that time with our spouse, wait till our arm heal, teach our wife to use her body and explain how her displacement works,  practice animal empathy, fire magic (let Gwen to read the books, she should learn it too) and ask her to teach us some swordplay.

Second option

Let her break the damned thing, i doubt that injury will be that severe. Even if it will and we will be unable to hunt for a while, then we have a nice supply of lovebirds, spouse that can hunt for us and spare time to practice fire magic\animal empathy\whatever else

Third option (But I like first two more)

Go hunting for 3 souls. Gwen should know easy targets nearby. (BTW explain why we can provide exactly 3 and explain why souls are useful, and why such usage is disgusting ) It may go against night troll tradition bu we aren't an usual troll. Plus changing enchantment to something useful is a good thing

Oh, and Vindel wasn't cruel with us, He had made nothing to deserve revenge (maybe except stealing our sword) Killing him isn't in our best interests.
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 27, 2012, 03:09:46 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

"Gwendolyn Dear, if you would be so kind as to release me from your embrace, I could go fetch you some souls." You catch yourself wondering briefly why you allow yourself to address Gwendolyn, who had been until quite recently an elf, in such an unrefined mix of human and elven while Alice, a human whom you have no intention to woo, hears you speak only the most refined elven dialect.

The Consort nods and lets you go.

"There are some complicated issues involving morality, afterlife, and souls that our kind must consider when dealing in enchantments. I will explain those later." You explain as you rise to your feet. "But I will not allow them to come to mind while I reap to earn my freedom from this *incomprehensible* BRACELET!"

"And what shall I do while you are gone my love?" Gwen asks.

You crouch, in preparation of your leap from the tree. "Stay on the ranch. Walk around. Get used to your body. If some humans come calling for me explain who you are and my situation. Tell them I will be back soon."

You arrive at the wall that separates the elves of Everpine from the rest of the world. Dusk is upon you. In just a few minutes it will be dark enough to try and hunt. You want souls, but know that you can't take more than three...

"Hrrrrmmm.... How to proceed."

Re-posting the Description of the Settlement (From an older post) for your Convenience:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 27, 2012, 03:44:04 am »

So hunting it is. We must stay careful, serious injure or killing  more than 3 elves may ruin our plans...

I think luring a guard or two from the settlement is our best bet, but how?

Imitating call for help is one option, starting a forest fire and hunting in the resulting chaos is another  and mix of dark manipulation and hypnosis is the third

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 27, 2012, 03:57:43 am »

Yes, luring guards is indeed our best bet.  Wait for one to get out of sight of
everyone else and use our eon magic to trap him.  Once he's stopped it should be a simple matter to execute him and hide the body.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 27, 2012, 04:25:04 am »

May i point out that imitating a call for help could easily be a disastrous way to call the wrath of the settlement upon us? The forest fire is a slightly better idea, as the chaotic and distracting nature of fire could be easily turned to our advantage. However, while i admit the forest fire idea has merit, i still think it's a bad idea, cause... y'know... the unpredictable nature of fire that provides the advantage could also kill... *us*. Or even destroy our ranch, forest fire spreads *fast* like, faster than a person can run fast.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 27, 2012, 04:28:00 am »

So hunting it is. We must stay careful, serious injure or killing  more than 3 elves may ruin our plans...

I think luring a guard or two from the settlement is our best bet, but how?

Imitating call for help is one option, starting a forest fire and hunting in the resulting chaos is another  and mix of dark manipulation and hypnosis is the third
Heheh - yup some burning trees should attract some attention from those treehuggers. Two smaller fires would be better than one large one, to spread the responders out more - making them easier to pick off.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2012, 04:29:39 am by Corruptor »
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 27, 2012, 04:28:50 am »

We *could* call out to gaurds or citizens in a much less panicked manner, providing a believable reason we could use but do not neccecarilly absolutely require their aid. Like "oh, this tree is slowly killing a sapling due to proximity, but it's stubborn, think you could help me coax it away?" It's a lot easier to kill someone who is not completely on gaurd.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 143