Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221272 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #540 on: November 28, 2012, 05:22:34 pm »

BTW, I know how to find Alice, if Vindel enslaved her like he did with us, he will send her to hunt that giant frog... I think conversion will be enough to break enchantment

Or Vindel may visit the toad himself with some guards

We may use better gift on Alice, or get one along the way
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 28, 2012, 05:38:25 pm »

but the only gifts we could use are the First gift, which we are saving, and the gift of puppetry, which would remove free will. That aside, we use our gifts to make new allys. Alice is already an ally, and turning her might enrage Foghorn, so we would waste a gift and either gain nothing or lose our strongest benefactor, gaining an enemy with night creature empathy 7 in the process. Just tell him that Alice never wanted to turn us against him, and that no-one is particularly sane after high-velocity bears.

Also, since we are the only remaining entity that remembers night troll culture, we could take this as an opportunity to redefine enchanting as a sacrifice by the soul collector, instead of a dark art. Don't lie about anything, just take a different perspective.
We're the last night troll, but between books and immortal elves there's still the probability that people know about our culture. And they'll probably see through our ruse.

I agree that switching the enchantment to plant empathy makes sense, and that we should talk to Rox about Alice and the "wonderland" she may want Alice to escape.
I'm not saying we should lie to her, just don't flip out about enchanting.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 28, 2012, 06:28:03 pm »

I'd also suggest inquiring as to why Alice is not present. I doubt that Foghorn told Rox to tell us about what he had done to her...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 28, 2012, 06:34:07 pm »

I'd also suggest inquiring as to why Alice is not present. I doubt that Foghorn told Rox to tell us about what he had done to her...
This is a really good point. seconded.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 28, 2012, 06:45:26 pm »

Why ask? Do we really need him want to know that we care about Alice?
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 28, 2012, 07:09:57 pm »

We could phrase it as a simple inquiry. You know, something like, "I can't help but notice that Alice is not accompanying you. Mind if I ask why this is so?" We could always just say that Alice was our best friend before coming to this elven place or something like that, that's true and averts suspicion.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 28, 2012, 07:56:27 pm »

And still... Why do we need to ask?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: November 28, 2012, 07:58:03 pm »

To figure out how Foghorn feels about us knowing. If he tells the truth, he trusts us or doesn't care; if he says nothing or changes the subject, he's probably nervous about it and therefore likely wasn't doing it willingly; if he just lies, we've got almost nothing but at least we tried.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 28, 2012, 08:10:35 pm »

Find vindel, save Alice, figure problems out later.....?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: November 28, 2012, 08:24:41 pm »

Foghorn is a potential problem that we need to figure out how to solve. Asking about Alice would probably help in that regard.
Sig

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 28, 2012, 08:31:30 pm »

Foghorn is a potential problem that we need to figure out how to solve. Asking about Alice would probably help in that regard.

This.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 28, 2012, 08:39:09 pm »

Didn't he already tell us about Alice, its in the black text

Asking/forcing information from Vindel seems good to me

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 28, 2012, 08:39:26 pm »

Just ask Foghorn about what he thinks on Vindel then from there we should probably be very careful on how we break into his house. He most likely planned for us attacking him, and probably has a lot of backup plans too.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 28, 2012, 09:23:25 pm »

Didn't he already tell us about Alice, its in the black text
Quote from: Foghorn
"Wakey-wakey!"
"I'm soooooo sorry about my daughter's behavior. I thank you for rejecting her, and assure you she has been punished for trying to turn you against me. Speaking of which I got a note from Vindel ordering you to obey his orders no longer, but it looks like you don't need it!"
"This is a nice ranch. The lovebirds are a great resource. Are you going to want to stay here or return to the tower? I can have Rox or Edgar babysit the site you aren't using until you have enough mates to keep them all occupied."
"If you leave now, Rox can show you back by around midnight."
Hm, actually, we can ask HOW she was punished. We did, after all, "cause" her punishment and don't want to worry that we accidentally caused her lots of harm.
Sig

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 28, 2012, 09:36:31 pm »

Her punishment is being sold to Vindel and being disowned, which we already know

Anything further on that is to be determined by Vindel

What we should ask is why Foghorn was speaking to Vindel, which wont arouse suspicion
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 143