Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 220786 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #570 on: November 29, 2012, 05:10:36 pm »

I giggled like a little girl reading that. Good time to roll that 19.... RNG god is in a nice mood

I think we should return to tower to prepare for capturing Clairia, we need to take chain mail, make the dwarven ghost free in exchange for artifact sword for Gwen (she needs non-standard one) , visit our cubs if they still alive and remove Alice from the torturing machine. Take Gwen with us.  As for ranch... Maybe we should gift it to Foghorn in gratitude for assisting us in getting freedom and giving his daughter as a mate?

And come on. We do like Alice, that's why we want to upgrade her, make stronger and better. The only thing that limit us - we may need to wait for a suitable gift

Besides, we'll enjoy some hot lesbian action between Gwen and Alice later in the story
« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 05:12:14 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: November 29, 2012, 07:47:18 pm »

Nah, I think having a human agent would be more useful to us.  We may have camouflage, but she's actually normal.  That makes her incredibly useful for recon.
She's useful to us as a human for other reasons too.  Imagine, she establishes her own bloodline.  She trains her children to work with ours, basically forming a cult around us.  Wouldn't that be useful?
We also don't have to worry about her being swayed by her husband, because... well... you know.  That also makes it awkward to convert her, I imagine.  She clearly wouldn't enjoy it.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: November 29, 2012, 07:49:31 pm »

Nah, I think having a human agent would be more useful to us.  We may have camouflage, but she's actually normal.  That makes her incredibly useful for recon.
She's useful to us as a human for other reasons too.  Imagine, she establishes her own bloodline.  She trains her children to work with ours, basically forming a cult around us.  Wouldn't that be useful?
We also don't have to worry about her being swayed by her husband, because... well... you know.  That also makes it awkward to convert her, I imagine.  She clearly wouldn't enjoy it.
Best idea.  We don't have to cling to the old ways; we'll make our own.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: November 29, 2012, 07:50:03 pm »

...Um, what is Foghorn trying to ask us to do? I'm not good at reading people IRL, and it gets harder when I'm just reading words and the person is angry and being sarcastic at uncertain points.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: November 29, 2012, 07:58:04 pm »

I believe he asked us out of rage, not demanded us to go kill or capture Clairia.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: November 29, 2012, 08:02:13 pm »

I was referring to the bit about Alice. It's probably sarcasm, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't seeing thinngs.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: November 29, 2012, 08:23:14 pm »

I was referring to the bit about Alice. It's probably sarcasm, but I wanted to make sure I wasn't seeing thinngs.
I think he's pretty pissed at him.  We did roll a 20 in persuasion.  It's a bit meta-gamey to tell that way, but I'm assuming we could tell better if he was being sarcastic in RL.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: November 29, 2012, 08:49:57 pm »

I actually intended on posting this earlier, before my computer f'ed up, but here we go:
I really don't think we should turn alice, she has an advantage we can never have: she's an accepted race. If Foghorn follows through with everything he's said in his tirade i think Alice would make the perfect intermediary between us and humans and elves, she can do things we cant, like... purchasing goods in a store.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: November 29, 2012, 08:50:57 pm »

Well with a new elf target set out for us to convert, I agree that we should have Alice remain a human agent for us. However, we should keep that option on the table for the future imo. As for the problem you mentioned, it's possible conversion will fix that...
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: November 29, 2012, 08:53:25 pm »

I think he's pretty pissed at him.  We did roll a 20 in persuasion.  It's a bit meta-gamey to tell that way, but I'm assuming we could tell better if he was being sarcastic in RL.
Foghorn is pissed at the PC, right?
Hm. A 20 should be enough to discern intent, right GM? I know the 20 was for something else...
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: November 29, 2012, 09:02:05 pm »

She is not normal human, she is a quite strange girl used to live in forest and talk with animals. Not a good spy at all. Now imagine boosting her with our megagift (stealth, bonus in magic, jumping) or some other future gift that we may get

She's useful to us as a human for other reasons too.  Imagine, she establishes her own bloodline.
Quite unlikely unless forced

She clearly wouldn't enjoy it.
Conversion isn't a pleasant thing for everyone. And as we know sex is not required

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: November 29, 2012, 09:07:21 pm »

She is not normal human, she is a quite strange girl used to live in forest and talk with animals. Not a good spy at all. Now imagine boosting her with our megagift (stealth, bonus in magic, jumping) or some other future gift that we may get
She can, however, interact with humans and other races normally.

She's useful to us as a human for other reasons too.  Imagine, she establishes her own bloodline.
Quite unlikely unless forced
That's hardly the biggest bonus to having her remain human.

Conversion isn't a pleasant thing for everyone. And as we know sex is not required
You're agreeing with him...
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: November 29, 2012, 09:18:16 pm »

Huh?  I am saying that her orientation is unimportant,  as well as her feelings during the conversion because every mate will not liker it at first

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: November 29, 2012, 09:35:08 pm »

Huh?  I am saying that her orientation is unimportant,  as well as her feelings during the conversion because every mate will not liker it at first
Oh.
There's still plenty of reasons she'd rather have us not turn her, though.
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: November 29, 2012, 09:50:32 pm »

You don't exactly know where Alice is at the moment. By all means feel free to debate what to do with her, but I need some more immediate plans before I can update.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 143