Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221305 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #600 on: November 30, 2012, 02:53:22 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Alright, revision to the plan:

Gwen goes to the ranch with instructions to bring the birds to the tower.
We go release Alice.
We bring Alice back to our wizard tower
Introduce Alice to Gwen.
Make whatever preparations we need to abduct the princess.
Abduct the princess.

(Gwen is already at the ranch)

"Mr. Foghron Sir? May we go fetch Alice then?"

The wizard shakes his head, taking a deep breath to calm down. "Nah. I think I want to chew her out in private before handing her over. I think I'll spend the night here, and then go attend to that. Would you like her sent to the tower or the ranch?"

You consider the offer for a second. "Tower please. It's easier to defend than this place. Gwendolyn, Rox, would you mind taking the birds over there?"

"No dear. I'd be happy too." "Of course, Rox lead her."

"Good. Foghorn, how do I get back to the tower from Oakworshiped?"

The sorcerer blinks. "Err... what do you want to do at Oakworshiped?"

"I'm going to investigate that situation and try to formulate a plan to snatch that Girl of Vindel's. I promise not to kill the enchanter."

"Just head due south from Oakworshiped. You should be able to see your tower to the southwest once you clear the forest."

With that you nod, leap from your tree, and head towards Oakworshipped.

You travel for awhile. The sun eventually sets, putting you back in your element. You occasionally check over your shoulder for sasquatch, but find none. You spot smoke rising just a little bit off your path, and move to check it out.

Pokeing your nose into a clearing you spot five people; two female elves, a male elf, a male dwarf, and a male human. They all seem to be in their early teens (or elven equivalent). They all have shovels and are standing around a large hole in the ground.

"How big and heavy is the box anyway?" Asks one of the elves.

"No clue. But unless it is made of something light, we are not going to be able to haul it back without a wagon." The dwarf answers.

"I propose we just try to get it open, take what we can, and rebury the rest until we get old enough to own a wagon." The human proposes.

"No fair!" interjects an elf. "Your kind ages too quickly. You'll have a wife and a wagon long before the rest of us, and will just take it!"

"Will Not!"

"Will too!"

"Shut it!" Interjects the dwarf. "We dig out enough of the box to open it, and take some of the contents to Dawnmaiden. We can buy a wagon and unicorn there without our parents in Oakworshipped finding out. Then we can haul Grandpa's stash back to the club house and split it fairly as planned!"

You smirk. "It would seem these mortals have found treasure. Interesting."

Encounter Roll: 1d20 = 20 - 3(No Navigation Skill) = 17 (Nat 20! Grats!)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 30, 2012, 03:25:50 pm »

RNG god repaying us for previous rolls....

I'd say use dark manipulation to scare kids to death and possibly turn them against each other. Also we may collect some male's souls if we do decide to make that an acceptable practive. It's a nice thing to trade with Vindel

War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 30, 2012, 03:29:46 pm »

Let them undig the box first however, that way we will be saved work and can set upon them while they are already tired.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 30, 2012, 03:40:44 pm »

Let them undig the box first however, that way we will be saved work and can set upon them while they are already tired.
+1

Also, you're right that Alice is probably going to be a little pissed at Leghorn for giving her to an enchanter as punishment.  But, she does owe us her life twice over now, and is our best friend (I'm not counting our wife as a friend, in a way she's more than a friend, but in some ways she's less).  We should be able to convince her to not kill Leghorn.  Yet, at least.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 30, 2012, 04:28:12 pm »

I was going to suggest letting them take some of the stuff to Dawnmaiden, taking the rest for ourselves and leaving something horrible in its place (torn apart animal chunks for preference), but killing and eating them is also acceptable.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 30, 2012, 05:12:36 pm »

+1
+1

Also, you're right that Alice is probably going to be a little pissed at Leghorn for giving her to an enchanter as punishment.  But, she does owe us her life twice over now, and is our best friend (I'm not counting our wife as a friend, in a way she's more than a friend, but in some ways she's less).  We should be able to convince her to not kill Leghorn.  Yet, at least.
Alice is also our friend willingly.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 30, 2012, 05:56:48 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You remain hidden and wait for your moment. 1d20 = 13 + 4(Skill) + 3(Cameoflauge) = 20

The yongsters eventually stop bickering and get back to work. Only the dwarf seems to have any actual digging experince; the other four make a fine slapstick show as they work the soil. One of the female elves twists her ankel while she digs and has to quit early, but eventually the rest of the youngsters manage to dig up the lid and latch of the chest.

Female Elf 1: 1d20 = 5 - 3(Untrained Skill) = 2
Female Elf 2: 1d20 = 15 - 3(Untrained Skill) = 12
Male Elf: 1d20 = 16 - 3(Untrained Skill) = 13
Male Human: 1d20 = 15 - 3(Untrained Skill) = 12
Male Dwarf: 1d20 = 10 + 2(Skill) + 1(Racial Bonus) = 13

You can tell right away that the container is too heavy for you to just carry off; about the size of a full grown human and made of metal. The human produces a lockpick and sets about trying to open the box.

"Heh. Such a simple lock. Should have it open in a minute.... Huh. Wonder what these runes on it me-" *BUZZZUZUZZUZZT!!!!* 1d20 = 1 + 4(His Skill) = 5 (Nat 1!)

Lightning leaps from the clearly enchanted lock and runs through the boy's body. The human is flung back and slumps to the ground.

"Holy hambones!" exclaims the male elf after scanning his comrade with animal empathy. "He's dead." 1d20 = 13 + 2(His Skill) = 15

The remaining youth fall silent in shock. Eventually the dwarf speaks up. "Alright. Lets get to sleep. The lock is clearly enchanted and nobody else here knows how to pick it anyway. We will bury Gob, get our stories straight for his parents, and ponder our next move in the morning."

The dwarf, male elf, and injured female head to their tents. The remaining healthy female, likely assigned to keep watch, stands by the fire and begins to sob.

-Eh. Well at the very least I can get a free meal out of this...-

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 30, 2012, 06:02:37 pm »

Approach and examine the chest. Carefully.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 30, 2012, 06:29:40 pm »

Need to deal with the guard first. I recomend eating her and keeping the rest of them for later.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 30, 2012, 06:52:14 pm »

Lets deal with her silently in some way, and then perhaps we can torment the dreams of some of the more physically able of the company.  I don't think we have the skills to deal with the trap but perhaps we could get our mate to help us unenchant it, or gift it to Foghorn as thanks for all he has done for us.

Ooh! i had an idea i'm fond of, we could convince them that they awoke a curse that is now centered on them, scare the living crap out of them. Let's make the night something to be feared again. We could use a combination of dark manipulation and the terror of our presence to accomplish this.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 30, 2012, 06:53:05 pm »

Oh. Missed her.
Um, increase the darkness near the hole long enough to reach and hide in it.
Sig

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: November 30, 2012, 07:21:47 pm »

If my idea doesn't tickle anyone's fancy terribly then i'll side with Grek. It's been too long since we've had any good ol fashioned torment of innocents, we need us a win of some kind. I think we should use dark manipulation and stealth to maximize our chances of remaining undetected however.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 30, 2012, 07:57:08 pm »

Compromise position: Eat all of them except one. Pile their bones outside that one's tent. That kid can tell their friends and family about how they went out into the woods, found a chest and then woke up the next morning to find that all their friends had been eaten.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 30, 2012, 08:25:32 pm »

Why are we even killing them?
Sig

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 30, 2012, 08:32:52 pm »

I hate to oversimplify, but mostly because we're a bloodthirsty monster. Personally i'm tired of getting our ass handed to us too.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 143