Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221327 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #660 on: December 01, 2012, 11:32:42 pm »

Woman would usually be married at the age of 11 in medieval times, usually to older men

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: December 02, 2012, 12:13:41 am »

and i think most of us can agree that was creepy...
Anyway! moving on?

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: December 02, 2012, 01:11:55 am »

So she is not necessarily a child

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: December 02, 2012, 01:13:03 am »

She is, in fact, a child. Short pig-tails little kid who is totally unacceptable for anyone to marry eww why would you suggest that.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: December 02, 2012, 01:39:22 am »

She's kibble for the missus now, moving on.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: December 02, 2012, 01:40:26 am »

Women would be married of at the age of 11 in medieval times, usually to an older man
Besides, that wasn't average behavior at the time. And elves would be like 50-60 before they're 11 in elf years. Probably. Of course, this math suggests that elven gestation period is four years, so take with a grain of salt.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: December 02, 2012, 01:43:25 am »

Women would be married of at the age of 11 in medieval times, usually to an older man
Besides, that wasn't average behavior at the time. And elves would be like 50-60 before they're 11 in elf years. Probably. Of course, this math suggests that elven gestation period is four years, so take with a grain of salt.
For God's sake, do you guys not understand the concept of moving on?  It involves not talking about gestation, in case you need a refresher.  Now, what are we going to do next?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: December 02, 2012, 01:45:46 am »

For God's sake, do you guys not understand the concept of moving on?  It involves not talking about gestation, in case you need a refresher.  Now, what are we going to do next?
...Want to preserve a decent post that got ninja'd.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: December 02, 2012, 02:02:24 am »

I didn't think such a random fact could derail the thread so fast

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: December 02, 2012, 02:18:12 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

My vote summed up: Bring Gwendolyn to look at the chest quickly, don't steal the soul of our prisoner or otherwise turn her into a psychotic liability, drop off useless crap, give the elf as a temporary plaything and meal to Gwendolyn if she gets the chest open.

You head to the roof and pull Gwendolyn aside from her work with the birds. You explain the situation and it's potentially time sensitive nature before asking her to accompany you back to the woods. At first she is reluctant, explaining that the birds are not yet comfortable, but you skillfully play her instincts and promise her a kill. Her eyes light up and she hangs two wooden swords from her belt before following you downstairs and out the door. 1d20 = 15 + 1(Skill) + 3(Target is instinctively attracted to your ideas) = 19

Retracing your steps carefully you lead Gwen into the woods and to the edge of Oakworshiped. From there you locate the brook and follow it in the direction of Everpine. As you close in on the location of the box Gwen stops you by grabbing your shoulders. "Shhhh.... The trees say there is someone a few hundred yards upwind. A young dwarf. Could be one of those kids you mentioned from last night."

You nod, and allow the consort to lead. Sure enough, before to long, you spot Urist in a clearing. He seems lost, and poorly suited for navigating the woods on his own, but you can tell he had made it back to Oakworshiped as he is now clad in light leather armor and holding a copper crossbow. He seems to have some sort of sheathed blade.

Encounter Roll: 1d20 = 13 + 2(Guide's Skill) = 15

The boy is afraid, you can taste it in the air. Gwendolyn can as well. You thank the darkness that he doesn't fear her in particular; it is unlikely she would have any sort of control over her instincts at this point. Of course, you doubt either Gwendolyn or yourself would have any trouble killing the child... but a fight might not be necessary. Urist is unlikely to find the chest on his own any time soon at the rate he is going; with any luck you could just walk away and be finished looting the chest by the time he shows up at the scene.

He doesn't spot you or Gwendolyn right away, but he is looking in your general direction at the moment, and there is enough space between you and him for the dwarf to spot you and react should you charge.

Your Stealth Roll: 1d20 = 7 + 4(Skill) + 3(Camouflage) = 14
Gwendolyn's Stealth Roll: 1d20 = 13 + 2(Skill) - 2(Freakishly Tall) = 13

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 02, 2012, 02:23:27 am »

Personally i'm not opposed to the idea of either attacking him or letting him be, or even just screwing with him a little before going on our way. Brave little Dwarf though. Also maybe a little dumb.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 02:27:52 am by Mlamlah »

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 02, 2012, 02:26:22 am »

I suggest Gwen goes right, we go left and we attack him from the sides to disable him quickly.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 02, 2012, 02:28:01 am »

If we attack him i suggest we sneak up on him using our camouflage and darkness, telling Gwendolyn to attack from the opposite direction if he spots us or we attack.

If we we screw with him maybe we can use dark manipulation to summon terrifying visions of shadowy creatures. Then watch the little dwarf cry wee wee wee all the way home.

Not really much to be said about slinking off, it would just be... slinking off.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 02, 2012, 02:35:53 am »

If we attack him i suggest we sneak up on him using our camouflage and darkness, telling Gwendolyn to attack from the opposite direction if he spots us or we attack.

If we we screw with him maybe we can use dark manipulation to summon terrifying visions of shadowy creatures. Then watch the little dwarf cry wee wee wee all the way home.

Not really much to be said about slinking off, it would just be... slinking off.

Its daytime. No shadowy headgames for you now.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 02, 2012, 02:43:03 am »

Ohh, okay, missed that XD.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 143