Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 220782 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #690 on: December 02, 2012, 12:34:11 pm »

Or terrify the dwarf.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: December 02, 2012, 12:38:47 pm »

How could we make the elf a puppet? Ideas abound for more mischief we could do if we didn't convert her, but enchanted her somehow...
One of our other Gifts is one that mind controls the person we give it to. So instead of making the princess hideous, we do that to her.
Wait, isn't that what we hate Vindel for doing to us?
Vindel, an elf, enslaving us, a Night Troll, is unacceptable because it reverses the natural order of Night Trolls being superior to elves.

Clairia is (in addition to someone with a name that people constantly misspell) is an excellent choice to become a troll wife. She's the High Queen's neice on one side and a demigoddess on the other.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: December 02, 2012, 12:57:45 pm »

How could we make the elf a puppet? Ideas abound for more mischief we could do if we didn't convert her, but enchanted her somehow...
One of our other Gifts is one that mind controls the person we give it to. So instead of making the princess hideous, we do that to her.
Don't all Gifts have a certain element of physical change involved with them?

Wait, isn't that what we hate Vindel for doing to us?
Vindel, an elf, enslaving us, a Night Troll, is unacceptable because it reverses the natural order of Night Trolls being superior to elves.
That's Nazi logic there. Let's not go Magneto and plunge straight into the territory of what our enemies did...

Clairia is (in addition to someone with a name that people constantly misspell) is an excellent choice to become a troll wife. She's the High Queen's neice on one side and a demigoddess on the other.
Agreed, unless we can mind-control her in some way that let's her keep her appearance.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: December 02, 2012, 01:03:56 pm »

Which is why we keep the elf girl locked up, we must use her as a training dummy for our dark magics.
Right now however we must either let the GM update or think of how to deal with the dwarf

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: December 02, 2012, 01:05:58 pm »

I was kinda hoping that we could eventually figure out a potion or a spell or something that would let her disguise herself as her pre-transformation self.

Also, javierpwn: The elf girl we have right now is not the one we're talking about. The one we have now is actually kinda useless.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 01:15:46 pm by Grek »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: December 02, 2012, 01:10:12 pm »

If we practice messing with peoples' minds
We could mind control the princess fairly easily

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: December 02, 2012, 01:19:19 pm »

I was kinda hoping that we could eventually figure out a potion or a spell or something that would let her disguise herself as her pre-transformation self.
Let's do that before converting her, m'kay?

If we practice messing with peoples' minds
We could mind control the princess fairly easily
Let's not bet on it...
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: December 02, 2012, 01:52:13 pm »

Agreed. What shall we enchant with his soul? A waste disposal unit, maybe?
Yes.  Let's make a magical shitter with his soul.

And the girl we have is useless.  Absolutely.  She twisted her own ankle, and didn't even try to resist us.  She just cried.
And by the way, hideousness could be very useful.  Intimidation is a completely valid strategy.

Also, I said earlier that we should be smart about our terrorism, and we should dumb them down with fear.  I do realize they are intelligent at the moment.  Fear may be able to "fix" that though.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: December 02, 2012, 02:24:49 pm »

Hypnotic gaze does wonders as well, especially when they are afraid

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: December 02, 2012, 04:38:13 pm »

Personally, i think we should view the dark gift we bestow as *exactly* that. A gift that we give only to those we see as worthy of it. Even if we had a half dozen gifts do blow we never want to spend it on someone incompetent, because they could fuck up everything for us.

If we need to break a tie i'll go with eon manipulating the dudes crossbow, if not i'll stick with stealthing him.
If we kill this dwarf only two of the "Cursed ones" will be left, this might cement the idea that they are cursed, which personally i find kind if funny.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2012, 04:53:43 pm by Mlamlah »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: December 02, 2012, 05:07:03 pm »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hmm. Perhaps we could use eon manipulation on his crossbow, then leave the rest to Gwen so she can get some hunting experience?

You motion Gwen over and whisper in her ear. "Charge him. I'll disable his crossbow from here."

Stretching your arm out, you focus on the ranged weapon, trying to fling it into the future. The spell begins to build up... at a crucial moment right before you unleash it Gwen charges, briefly passing in front of you and breaking line of sight to your target. The spell fizzles. 1d20 = 3 + 4(Skill) + 1(Perk) +1(Tattoos) = 9

Urist spots Gwen, and as you predicted, has time to take a shot. The bolt nails her in the torso and blood, flickering blue with eon energy, begins to spill from her. 1d20 = 14 + 2(His Skill) - 2(Caught by surprise) = 14

Reminded by the sight of her blood that she can in fact blink the consort vanishes and appears behind the bewildered dwarf! With a flash of well polished wood, one of Gwendolyn's blades pierces Urist from behind and the tip emerges from his gut! You can tell right away the wound is mortal. 1d20 = 17 + 4(Skill) - 2(Uncomfortable in Her Own Skin) = 19

Gwendolyn allows the boy to slide off her blade. He falls to the ground clutching the exit wound. Gwendolyn throws his crossbow away and gets to work eating him alive. Urist passes out early from pain and blood-loss, causing his fear to cease. Gwendolyn however is too inexperienced to care, and high off her first proper kill; she proceeds to reduce Urist to a skeleton, thoroughly enjoying what would be a bland meal to you.

You attempt to scan Gwendolyn's wound with night creature empathy. You get the feeling that she might have suffered a shot to the kidney, but the crackling eon energy surrounding her prevents you from getting a great read. You do however note that the bolt is still wedged inside of her. 1d20 = 9 + 1(Skill) + 1(Tattoo)

The consort, fully enjoying her new-found immunity to pain, turns to you and offers a big damn grin. " 'I'll deal with the crossbow' he says... bullshit... but still... That was amazing! We should share one some time!"

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: December 02, 2012, 05:25:46 pm »

That... that sucks. First thing we should do is express regret and concern, tell her that her kidney may be hurt and offer her the chance to go back to the tower and rest.
If she still leaves it up to us... what do we do? Go on?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: December 02, 2012, 05:29:29 pm »

That... that sucks. First thing we should do is express regret and concern, tell her that her kidney may be hurt and offer her the chance to go back to the tower and rest.
If she still leaves it up to us... what do we do? Go on?
+1
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: December 02, 2012, 05:35:22 pm »

Explain her that feeling no pain is not equal to being invulnerable and take the arrow out to check the damage better, then bondage it with remains of dwarf's clothes

Congratulate her with the first hunt but explain that fear shouldn't be wasted and she should have killed the kid slower

Then show some care and romantically carry her to the chest, it's close enough to spend some time even if her injury is quite serious
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: December 02, 2012, 06:05:46 pm »

Not bad, but i don't think we are physically capable of carrying her.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 143