Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221312 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #885 on: December 07, 2012, 04:54:24 pm »

I don't doubt that even 9-3=6 may end badly for our health. I suspect that GM has some hidden tables with nasty stuff

Edited my suggestion, BTW. Chat with lovebirds may bring even more problems
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: December 07, 2012, 04:57:49 pm »

I don't doubt that even 9-3=6 may end badly for our health. I suspect that GM has some hidden tables with nasty stuff

Edited my suggestion, BTW. Chat with lovebirds may bring even more problems

No tables. I interpret the rolls as I see fit.

Also, feel free to suggest time-skips if you want.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: December 07, 2012, 05:00:02 pm »

Best to screw up now when it's relatively safe, than later in a fight.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: December 07, 2012, 05:01:11 pm »

Uk, you can't live your virtual life in fear of a one.  Let's have a sit-down with our birds.  Get some tea and scones, and make them love us.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: December 07, 2012, 05:09:23 pm »

better screw up when we healty

If we do time skip until  something important happens I suggest
_________________________________-
1) Together with Alice train animal empathy on some small non dangerous animals near the tower (rodents, insects)
2) Talk with some old tree(s) near the tower, to try and learn some secrets
3) If that fails, use some fire magic to scare that tree and get useful information
4) Order our dwarf to make us a helmet from one of the maces, leave valuables here as well as artifact, let's not carry it with us
5)Experiment with sending mental and audial messages in future

Uk, you can't live your virtual life in fear of a one. 
I am not afraid of risks (Damn, I always said that you guys are too risk averse) , but there are no need to risk when benefits are minor but if other players insist

6) Pick a love bird to train it to be our pet

PS.  I  prefer UR
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: December 07, 2012, 05:19:02 pm »

I  prefer UR
Alright, I'll do my best to call you UR.  I dunno why I keep thinking you're UK.  The syllables or something.

OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: December 07, 2012, 05:24:56 pm »

oh and almost forgot
7) Ask Alice about her lovers that she doesn't like much but that have nice skills\powers to be a candidate to conversion.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: December 07, 2012, 06:16:39 pm »

Well, GM just said he has no tables, and 4-3 ended well enough...

Now about your numbered actions:
1. Sensible, if we time-skip.
2. See above.
3. Riight, turn the trees against us when most of our enemies aware of our existence are elves and most of our allies chat with plants...
4. See above. Not right above, two above.
5. And the past.
6. See #4. No matter how you interpret that, it works.
7. Be subtler if we do it at all...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: December 07, 2012, 06:45:05 pm »

I agree with all of UKR's plan, but for 5) let's try the past first, and see if we can get some advice from dear old dad.
Uh.. 7) seems interesting, I guess, but I don't know if she has lovers she doesn't like very much.  I guess maybe there are some who scorned her or something.  That could work out pretty nicely, I think.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: December 07, 2012, 08:56:44 pm »

I think that if we wanted to send even messages through time that far we might have to get our virgin sacrifice on.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: December 07, 2012, 09:10:36 pm »

I think that if we wanted to send even messages through time that far we might have to get our virgin sacrifice on.
Well, let's go find us a gaggle of virgins.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: December 07, 2012, 09:26:19 pm »

Let's stick to sending a message five minutes or so back in time.

Say, have Alice hide something (a stick, a book, herself) somewhere in the tower, listen, follow our directions, and send a message back in time about how we found the item hidden.

If this works, we can figure out how to cheat time afterwards.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: December 07, 2012, 09:56:38 pm »

Say, have Alice hide something (a stick, a book, herself) somewhere in the tower, listen, follow our directions, and send a message back in time about how we found the item hidden.

Well yeah, start small.  I just think sending messages back would be very useful.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: December 07, 2012, 10:14:25 pm »

Well yeah, start small.  I just think sending messages back would be very useful.
Probably.
Do we still have any items dear old Dad gave us before leaving? Just in case communication through time ends up being one-way.
Sig

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: December 08, 2012, 02:30:34 am »

Character:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Or turn a part of  our body in something nasty... Let's not play with powerful artifact that we know nothing about, we have been  warned. I support droping rubies\platinium and sand in furnace as likely artifact ingredients

I suggest to visit lovebirds and start a pack animal (pack bird? )  lovebird training. 

Nope, if make them mad due to failed roll that's awful while we can't defend ourself

Plant empathy, then? Are there are any old tree near the tower? We may talk with it and try learn secrets of the tower

Deciding you don't need to carry so much stuff on you, you send Alice down to the forge with your mineral wealth. No point in climbing the ladder with a broken leg if you don't have to.

You then head outside and look for a tree. This isn't particularly easy, as the tower is on a grassy slope removed from the woods. Eventualy you find a tree. It dosn't look terribly old, but you suspect it has been around long enough to at least know a bit about the tower and it's previous owner. You listen to the tree for a bit, but it fails to give any useful information straight up, so you open a link with it and give the plant a prompt. It responds, and over the next 30 minutes you receive a stream of information consisting of fact and rumor. 1d20 = 17 - 3(Untrained Skill) + 1(Tattoo) = 15

-Although a benevolent wizard for the most part, Phyros was shunned by the nearby human town as he quarreled with it's champion.-

-They say there is a ghost in the basement of the tower. He may be after more than just his freedom.-

-Phyros, the wizard who used to run the tower, had four lobotomized virgins delivered in suspened animation delivered to his tower two days before he died. He was likely planning a powerful ritual.-

-Somebody has been leaving flowers on the base of the hill the tower stands on, every night since Phyros died.-

-A flock of lovebirds have moved onto the tower roof. They make the place seem peaceful.-

-After killing Phyros, Foghorn the vile was PISSED he couldn't find the wizard's lockbox.-

As the tree begins to recycle lines and you begin to bore of the discussion, you abruptly notice a book appear in a flash of green, leaning against the plant. Upon closer inspection it turns out to be your copy of Intro to the Inferno. On the front inside cover of the book you notice a message scrawled in chalk. In your handwriting.

"A femur from that elf girl we just ate has been hidden under the pillow. Fetch it and return it to the dungeon. You will find chalk in the cell with the old skeleton. Write this message in your copy of the book and send it back to the time and place you found it. Keep this copy of the book.

-The only person you trust"

Deciding to listen to yourself, you head inside and check under the pillow, where sure enough you find a Femur bone. This causes a bit of concern. You know fully well that only a truly powerful Eon Mage could start a chain of events that involves communicating with the past. Could Foghorn be testing you? Or your father trying to make contact across the centuries? Who moved the bone in the first place and why is it significant?

You haul the femur back downstairs, and find the chalk where you were told you could. You scrawl out the message to yourself quickly and focus on the book, and with a slight pop, it vanishes into the past. 1d20 = 7 + 4(Skill) + 1(Tattoos) = 12

Shaken, you call Alice back upstairs and change the topic back to her personal life. You try to subtly steer the direction towards heartbreak, but the human catches on to your intentions and calls you out.

"Listen. There might be some people out there who hurt me that I want to get back at, but I'd be a total idiot if handed them over to you to be turned into immortal monsters. It would give them additional reasons to dislike me, more power to exact revenge against me, and force me to sleep under the same roof as them."

Alice sighs. "If you can find some way to ensure my safety, we might be able to come to a deal." 1d20 = 10 + 1(Skill) + 1(Perk) = 12

« Last Edit: December 08, 2012, 02:36:41 am by Weirdsound »
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 143