Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221277 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1260 on: December 17, 2012, 07:05:58 pm »

Big no on casting anything on Alice, we have no time to waste and casting spell on someone wounded midcombat isn't the best idea because of possible miscasts( BTW, can't resist and not say "so, Alice is as useful as a human as  she would be as a night troll?")

I'd say attack elves with our spear AND create illusionary allied troll or two.
Eon manipulation may be a better option for direct  damage, but we need decoys, and act as a decoy ourself... So my vote for outright attack and creating illusions

What do you mean?  I agreed about transforming Alice into a night troll, I just said not the left stone gift like you had suggested.  Anyway I'm not sure how much direct danger I want to put us in if avoidable.  I guess you are right though about not casting spells on Alice if we don't have to, just due to the possible dangers.  I'd rather try and kill the enemies with magic than with the spear.  We are much better with magic and I don't think we even have any skill with the spear.  If the magic doesn't work though jumping in to defend her in melee is a possibility.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: December 17, 2012, 07:10:41 pm »

Throw Alice in to the future, so when this is all over we can get some medical supplies and take care of her pretty major wound. She's out of this fight.

Take care of the two elves with time magic by splitting parts of them in to the future, or stopping their heart.
Agreed, saving Alice is our first priority. In addition to her value to us, her death could potentially jeoperdize our alliance with Foghorn. Once she's clear we can dispose of the two onrushing elves.

Great update btw, aside from the Nat 1 heh.

Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Grek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: December 17, 2012, 07:21:05 pm »

Throw Alice in to the future, so when this is all over we can get some medical supplies and take care of her pretty major wound. She's out of this fight.

Take care of the two elves with time magic by splitting parts of them in to the future, or stopping their heart.
Liking this plan.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: December 17, 2012, 07:24:34 pm »

Agreed, saving Alice is our first priority. In addition to her value to us, her death could potentially jeoperdize our alliance with Foghorn. Once she's clear we can dispose of the two onrushing elves.

Great update btw, aside from the Nat 1 heh.

I would agree but I'm a bit too worried about how things could go wrong.  It seems like it is fairly easy to mess things up and send her too far into the future.  Also we can't be sure where in the future she'll arrive, so we'd have to continuously have someone stationed at the barn to retrieve her when she reappears.  We could try and have Gwen grab Alice and get out of there towards the tower.  Then we'd have to deal with the rest of the enemies with just (our)self though.
Sure thing peanut man!

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: December 17, 2012, 07:30:22 pm »

I am quite tired of that throw everything in the future...  Reusing same things time after time is just boring

Nothing will kill Alice if we kill elves first, but our failed spell can kill Alice easily ... and it well tie us to the barn.

We just need to distract enemy from Alice with illusions and\or our attack.

Let's not waste our magic on anything that doesn't harm elves
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 07:33:35 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: December 17, 2012, 07:37:39 pm »

I am quite tired of that throw everything in the future...  Reusing same things time after time is just boring

Nothing will kill Alice if we kill elves first, but our failed spell can kill Alice easily ... and it well tie us to the barn.

We just need to distract enemy from Alice with illusions and\or our attack.

Let's not waste our magic on anything that doesn't harm elves
She's currently gushing blood from a pierced artery. She'll bleed out in minutes if we don't act immediately.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: December 17, 2012, 07:45:47 pm »

That's why we need to kill elves fast and don't risk killing Alice with miscast and\or failure to throw her forward. Don't waste precious time.

Simple bondage will save her once we are finished (Maybe she will able to do that herself, midbattle if we provide cover)

And I  doubt that pierced leg artery can kill that fast( it's not cut artery)
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: December 17, 2012, 07:55:00 pm »

Whatever is done, it would be a great idea to toss Alice our necklace of healing.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: December 17, 2012, 07:56:21 pm »

This is actually a good oppurtunity to use the time stop wall, i know i've been beating that suggestion over the head but with just a little luck it will take out the two heading towards alice if we put the wall between them and alice.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: December 17, 2012, 07:57:44 pm »

I suspect that it is too long term for such injuries, Also it was made for us and our physiology is way different. So again, no waste time that can be spent fighting

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: December 17, 2012, 08:17:01 pm »

So yeah after this is over we may want to quickly convert Alice I would think should also heal her.  Or we could just loan her our necklace that has healing powers.
I'd suggest amulet; I don't think night trolls actually have greater injury tolerance than humans.

Real idea: Send bits of the elves to the future/past, go out to try and stop the bleeding.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: December 17, 2012, 09:00:48 pm »

All you act if she can't mend her own wound. I am pretty sure she can plus she has some rope on her that can be use to slow the blood flow. With some shredded leather she should be able to make some sort of make shift bandage and once we reveal ourselves most the elves will be focus on the big evil troll not Alice.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 09:16:37 pm by jaass »

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: December 17, 2012, 09:09:01 pm »

I prefer scary illusions to any direct magical attack because that may let us to force elves to lose their morale, they lost the leader

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: December 17, 2012, 09:28:52 pm »

All you act if she can't mend her own wound. I am pretty sure she can plus she has some rope on her that can be use to slow the blood flow. With some shredded leather she should be able to make some sort of make shift bandage and once we reveal ourselves most the elves will be focus on the big evil troll not Alice.
Actually, I'm acting like the elves advancing on Alice might not die at once...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: December 17, 2012, 09:58:50 pm »

So am I correct in saying that a majority of us:
1) Don't want to cast magic directly on Alice during combat unless necessary
2) Want to protect Alice as a top priority either by:
    a) Scaring enemies with illusions
    b) Killing enemies with magic (eon magic our highest skill?)
    c) Last resort direct confrontation with enemies via melee combat (low combat skills not preferential?)
3) Heal Alice through easiest/quickest method possible after enemies are gone, which could consist of:
    a) Temporary bandage (maybe trees could produce something?)
    b) Magic amulet of healing (most likely along with the bandage to prevent excessive bleeding)
    c) Conversion to Night Troll (I think this should heal her due to it first changing her to a blob that we reform) (risks include not working quickly enough but it could be done without needing bandages or the healing amulet)

Things to keep in mind
1) Gwen is still available to help fight or to grab Alice and escape
2) Gwen is pregnant with our baby so her safety may take higher priority?
3) There are still enemies in the pit with the hay who can escape if not taken out as expediently as possible (There is hay in the pit... Fire? Magic?)
4) Illusion magic may scare them away but so could killing them and killing may be better than intimidation long term
5) Lethal magic might not be able to work on a larger group as easily as illusions.
6) Illusions might work well with the larger group of less disciplined fighters but not the others (leader is in pit and still alive)
7) The mage is still outside (not sure about anyone else)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 10:09:28 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 143