Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 221293 times)

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1605 on: December 22, 2012, 10:41:55 am »

Elves prefer wooden weapons, we all know that

And enchantment transfer can easily fail, at least she need the soul catching sword online... losing it is bad

And 4 swords are useful, you can always lose sword or two in a battle
Also, she'll have two long swords and two short swords for different situations (For example: outdoor and indoor fighting, armored and unarmored opponents and so on)
And short swords are far better for - blinks+stab from behind

And the most importantly - let's not upset our wife on such a minor issue. We love her and should be forceful, ever.  We have other consorts to force them to do what we like.

If Gwen wants her swords back she may use them, I see no problem, Gwen main duty is babysitting anyway
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:10:54 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: December 22, 2012, 10:54:33 am »

Feast prep:
Ask Foghorn how many people are coming and when. If there are a lot of guest, we don’t have enough tables and chairs, and we have time, go out it the forest with Alice, Jimma (both have axes), a few lovebirds, and Fellsoil to cut trees and build a tables and chairs. Clean the tower up a little so it is not grimy and dirty. Tell everyone (Alice, Kelpmier, Gwendolyn, Jimma, Cherlyn (hopefully she comes back in one piece), Itheium) that the guest are coming. Even though Rox is getting food, we might want hunt some animals ourselves just in case.
Son:
Thank Notcheclaw for blessing our child, and Kelpmier for helping with the delivery. Go hunt for some meat to feed our son and family. Might be interesting to try hunt in the plains or caverns.
Max avatar size is 80x80

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: December 22, 2012, 11:00:35 am »

It can wait until Rox get here. It's her duty to prepare for Foghorn's visit.

If you want to hunt, try to fix the quiver issue and send Alice to do that ( or she may catch birds, eagle style, nice flying practice)

But I still prefer to gather family (We, Gwen, Alice) and practice fire magic together. Even the kid may benefit from it

Oh, and order our ghost (and the  puppet) to make some kitchenware, we lack that

And I insist on letting Gwen to keep her enchanted swords.

Idea !
We need to find use for Phyros brain. Let's use it to enchant it into something that can boost fire magic(or teach it) Gwen should have some souls in her soul catching sword after the last battle

Maybe enchant our fire magic book? brain+soul(s) + the book may make a very nice item. ( basically it should generate fire magic knowledge)
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:31:53 am by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: December 22, 2012, 11:36:59 am »

Elves prefer wooden weapons, we all know that
Probably because they can only make wooden ones, and do it very well.

And enchantment transfer can easily fail, at least she need the soul catching sword online... losing it is bad
Well, how do we know? Besides, if we're planning to not use the old swords once the new ones are enchanted, it would make sense to use the magic, whereas if we aren't we'd likely want the enchantments on the swords to stay as they are and therefore wouldn't discuss this. There's no harm in trying any time we would.

And 4 swords are useful, you can always lose sword or two in a battle
Also, she'll have two long swords and two short swords for different situations (For example: outdoor and indoor fighting, armored and unarmored opponents and so on)
I'd be surprised if you managed to knock a sword from Gwen's grasp without cutting her hand off.
I thought they were the same type.

And the most importantly - let's not upset our wife on such a minor issue. We love her and should be forceful.  We have other consorts to force them to do what we like
I'd suggest at least discussing the issue with her--did she not want to give up her wooden swords because she thought the enchantments would make them more effective than the steel swords, or for sentimental reasons? If it's the latter, I'll gladly drop the enchantment-transfer thing.

Feast prep:
Ask Foghorn how many people are coming and when. If there are a lot of guest, we don’t have enough tables and chairs, and we have time, go out it the forest with Alice, Jimma (both have axes), a few lovebirds, and Fellsoil to cut trees and build a tables and chairs. Clean the tower up a little so it is not grimy and dirty. Tell everyone (Alice, Kelpmier, Gwendolyn, Jimma, Cherlyn (hopefully she comes back in one piece), Itheium) that the guest are coming. Even though Rox is getting food, we might want hunt some animals ourselves just in case.
Sure, if we have time and are fine with crappy furniture at first.

Son:
Thank Notcheclaw for blessing our child, and Kelpmier for helping with the delivery. Go hunt for some meat to feed our son and family. Might be interesting to try hunt in the plains or caverns.
I assume this is "By Fellsoil, about the son?"

It can wait until Rox get here. It's her duty to prepare for Foghorn's visit.

If you want to hunt, try to fix the quiver issue and send Alice to do that ( or she may catch birds, eagle style, nice flying practice)
I'd rather Alice practice flying BEFORE chasing birds. Especially in a forest.

But I still prefer to gather family (We, Gwen, Alice) and practice fire magic together. Even the kid may benefit from it
Sure, as part of "family time." We can't be alwayth a-learnin, or alwayth a-workin.

Oh, and order our ghost (and the  puppet) to make some kitchenware, we lack that
We also lack surplus metal. Why not practice our woodworking skills (or at least someone's) by making wooden kitchenware for what we can first? We probably have Phyros's stuff, too.

Idea !
We need to find use for Phyros brain. Let's use it to enchant it into something that can boost fire magic(or teach it) Gwen should have some souls in her soul catching sword after the last battle

Maybe enchant our fire magic book? brain+soul(s) + the book may make a very nice item. ( basically it should generate fire magic knowledge)
Something like that. Not sure about the exact teaching, though.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: December 22, 2012, 11:46:24 am »

We also lack surplus metal.
We always may melt down it if we'll need more metal. Also we have our own armor ( I doubt that we'll use it ever)

Our growing family need kitchenware anyway, we are civilized night trolls :)

I want platinum kitchenware! We have a plenty of that and that's classy to use

That is a practice. Surely she should hunt between trees or other dangerous places, luckily birds are everywhere

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: December 22, 2012, 11:49:39 am »

We also lack surplus metal.
We always may melt down it if we'll need more metal. Also we have our own armor ( I doubt that we'll use it ever)
Just wait until we remember we have it...

Our growing family need kitchenware anyway, we are civilized night trolls :)

I want platinum kitchenware! We have a plenty of that and that's classy to use
Let's use wooden spoons and such before using our limited platinum reserves on this...

That is a practice. Surely she should hunt between trees or other dangerous places, luckily birds are everywhere
She's a new flyer, she could easily crash. She has flaming wings, she could set stuff on fire. Those are both bad. Do you send your kid (or will you) to practice driving on the Indy 500 when s/he just learned to drive? When his car is made of fire?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: December 22, 2012, 12:06:56 pm »

Let's use wooden spoons and such before using our limited platinum reserves on this...

We can remelt it. It's not DF when you lose metal in the process.
Wooden spoons for Foghorn and his family.... Don't be cheap. It's a feast

She's a new flyer, she could easily crash. She has flaming wings, she could set stuff on fire. Those are both bad. Do you send your kid (or will you) to practice driving on the Indy 500 when s/he just learned to drive? When his car is  made of fire?
She doesn't need even to get close to the ground to hunt flying birds. Of cause she shouldn't do mad divings and the like, but no it's not that dangerous as you want it to look like
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 12:09:45 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: December 22, 2012, 12:22:49 pm »

Yeah, I actually like the idea of temporarily having platinum silverware to impress Leghorn.
He already thinks we're on a roll.  Wood might disappoint him.
Alternatively, use bone tools.

Also, cigars are typically smoked when a son is born.  At least, they were.
Sometimes I wonder if you guys aren't really from Earth.   :P

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: December 22, 2012, 12:22:49 pm »

We can remelt it. It's not DF when you lose metal in the process.
Wooden spoons for Foghorn and his family.... Don't be cheap. It's a feast
1. Some metal will probably be lost to the forge or whatever, we're not perfect.
Ah, right, the feast. Let's still see what Phyros had first.

She's a new flyer, she could easily crash. She has flaming wings, she could set stuff on fire. Those are both bad. Do you send your kid (or will you) to practice driving on the Indy 500 when s/he just learned to drive? When his car is  made of fire?
She doesn't need even to get close to the ground to hunt flying birds. Of cause she shouldn't do mad divings and the like, but no it's not that dangerous as you want it to look like
I meant crash into trees. And yes, she does have to fly near trees, that's the first place birds will go when pursued by flying predators. And yes, flying is hard the first time. Riding bikes is hard at first, and you don't use different limbs for that.
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: December 22, 2012, 12:29:02 pm »

Okay, yeah, she'll need practice.  I'm talking long-term goals.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Corruptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Come to the dark side, we have cookies. And beer!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: December 22, 2012, 01:23:14 pm »

If gift of amnesia can erase all memories, then we could kidnap someone, wipe their mind and reprogram them sort of like an agent or servant of ours.  Well I'd like to try it anyway at some point.
Heh, my thoughts exactly.
Chaos rises, as all Order dies.

Instinct, Intellect, Intuition

Walk always in the Shadow, and both Darkness and Light will follow.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: December 22, 2012, 01:27:06 pm »

Reread amnesia description, it can erase last minutes of memory, you can't brainwash with that

One more thing for my enchanted fire magic book idea - we may add dragon bits to it

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: December 22, 2012, 02:14:27 pm »

When did we get dragon bits? I'm pretty sure I'd remember that...
Sig

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: December 22, 2012, 02:16:41 pm »

In one of the first updates, Phyros had some in the tower

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: December 22, 2012, 02:17:40 pm »

How do I always manage to miss entire pages of discussion?

As to the baby name: I suggest a short name for now, with nice titles gained as he earns them. The best of both worlds.
I was going to suggest this too!  I do like naming him for our brother initially though, or perhaps another member of the family.

By the way, Fellsoil in Elven is Maletheavi.  I like it.  Alternatively, Slaxusnustrok, Igrishadur, or Shádorocul.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 02:28:59 pm by Remalle »
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 143