Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 143

Author Topic: The Last Night Troll  (Read 220801 times)

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
Re: The Last Night Troll
« Reply #1635 on: December 22, 2012, 07:42:13 pm »

Hrmm, indeed, it wouldn't hurt to make a friend with the enemy of our enemy. Though, not sure if they'll take kindly to us. Mostly i want to strengthen our position here at the tower, we arn't particularly unassailable right now.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1636 on: December 22, 2012, 07:43:42 pm »

Of course. Maybe we should go for a tribe in the meantime.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1637 on: December 22, 2012, 07:49:21 pm »

Couldn't hurt, at best we get a stable food/fear source and expendable minions, at worst we earn the ire of a tribe of primitives. Though i suppose they could be something of a threat if we did not handle that correctly.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1638 on: December 22, 2012, 08:19:40 pm »

Especially if the elves liked that tribe...
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mlamlah

• Bay Watcher
  • The Androgynous Nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #1639 on: December 22, 2012, 08:25:42 pm »

Still, our most beneficial victories came with risk, and here i think the potential gain is higher than the risk.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1640 on: December 22, 2012, 08:36:27 pm »

I support family time, then practice magic (maybe earth but any magic is good), and maybe as a longer term goal, try and pose as a god and take over a human civilization.  It works for demons why not us?  After we get human allies we can have them conduct raids on elven or goblin civilizations to sate our hunger for fear and flesh (lol).  After we take over the humans, I say we slowly weed out all the humans that are magic users who don't swear complete loyalty to us.  The ones that do get set up as a top tier priest like class that administer our territory for us.  This should cement our power quite nicely and we can declare all magic users who don't serve us heretics.  Of course this all assumes humans are unaware of what we truly are and that it is possible to trick them.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1641 on: December 22, 2012, 08:42:31 pm »

Still, our most beneficial victories came with risk, and here i think the potential gain is higher than the risk.
Agreed.

I support family time, then practice magic (maybe earth but any magic is good), and maybe as a longer term goal, try and pose as a god and take over a human civilization.  It works for demons why not us?  After we get human allies we can have them conduct raids on elven or goblin civilizations to sate our hunger for fear and flesh (lol).  After we take over the humans, I say we slowly weed out all the humans that are magic users who don't swear complete loyalty to us.  The ones that do get set up as a top tier priest like class that administer our territory for us.  This should cement our power quite nicely and we can declare all magic users who don't serve us heretics.  Of course this all assumes humans are unaware of what we truly are and that it is possible to trick them.
Demons can fake being human gods. Any gods of jumping chameleon things? Green, flame-winged harpies?
Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1642 on: December 22, 2012, 08:49:57 pm »

Agreed.

Demons can fake being human gods. Any gods of jumping chameleon things? Green, flame-winged harpies?

I don't think they can take human form.  I'm pretty sure they just pretend to be a god that matches their description.  We don't have to be an exact match just close enough and maybe with the help of a little magic.  If that fails we could take over a goblin civilization.  If I recall correctly we would just need to prove ourself being more powerful than the current ruler.
Sure thing peanut man!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1643 on: December 22, 2012, 08:53:49 pm »

I don't think they can take human form.  I'm pretty sure they just pretend to be a god that matches their description.  We don't have to be an exact match just close enough and maybe with the help of a little magic.  If that fails we could take over a goblin civilization.  If I recall correctly we would just need to prove ourself being more powerful than the current ruler.
[/quote]
Currently, demons don't...but night trolls can't jump or have chameleon skin, either.
Proving ourself stronger than the goblin's leader is going to be easy if it's a goblin, but good luck killing a demon...
Sig

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1644 on: December 22, 2012, 08:57:48 pm »

Alright well we could always ask foghorn when he arrives about local human, goblin and animal people civilizations.  Let's just keep our options open.
Sure thing peanut man!

StrawBarrel

• Bay Watcher
  • I do not use social media regularly.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1645 on: December 22, 2012, 09:43:59 pm »

Just keep in mind that all states are not the based on races, guys. We should not exactly classify races of creatures as being one single country or similar states. We have seen the possibly divine cult monarchist kingdom (the queen calls here self a descent of a god, which is most likely not true and also I am not sure how to interpret its government with the current info) of the mostly elf, but contains same racial ethic groups (Dawnmaiden). Everpine seems like some independent elven city state that is possibly democratic or a dictatorship (our elf friend has some type of position in it). The third elven town has night creatures in it and may just be a haven for outcasts (have not traveled to yet). There is a dwarven settlement of which our ghost friend comes, which we have no clue about. Also there is a human town being siege by non-human armies. From this information, especially the three elf towns, it can be seen that all states’ motives will not directly correlate with its inhabitants’ races. We just can’t assume that so much, we have to find out more.

We shouldn’t think that possibility of allying with elves is not possible, more likely we would not be able to ally with Everpine and its allies. Also any elves, goblins, and other veterans of the night troll genocide will probably hate us because they’re racist.
Max avatar size is 80x80

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1646 on: December 22, 2012, 09:51:54 pm »

True enough. Still, most nations will likely be mainly of one race. After all, IRL, most nations are predominantly one ethnicity despite globalization, at least a century of trying to stomp out racism in most areas, and the relative similarities of the cultures and phenotypes of humans.
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1647 on: December 22, 2012, 11:00:12 pm »

Humans have the lowest lifespan.  They're more inclined to forget about us being terrible and stuff.  If we ally with a civ, it'll most likely be some kind of human tribal civ.

Really, a confederacy of human and animalmen tribes is probably the best nation to ally ourselves with, especially if we cement that confederacy using some kind of puppet.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1648 on: December 22, 2012, 11:02:05 pm »

Dwarves might not be too bad. They tend to dislike elves, tend towards the pragmatic, often found settlements in areas where they could well be desperate (in DF, at least), and we have that dwarven spirit here...
Sig

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1649 on: December 22, 2012, 11:06:07 pm »

True.  I'd just rather stay away from any kind of large and united government.

So, gaining some Dwarven outposts might be fun, and feasible!

I still really think our best bet would be to join a bunch of weak tribes together with a puppet leader.  It would be easier to remove those who opposed us without upsetting the whole nation.
Would also give us more control than an alliance, without us being the ruler.  We'd have some kind of control over the leader, of course, but it would appear as if we are just allied.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v
Pages: 1 ... 108 109 [110] 111 112 ... 143