Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 210

Author Topic: Fallout: Equestria (v0.30c) Pinkie Pie is Watching  (Read 483671 times)

Mura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fallout: Equestria (v0.98b beta) Life Goes On...
« Reply #1740 on: March 01, 2013, 07:34:54 pm »

Quote from: Nobleattack, "The Noble Attack"
"Engraved on the wall is a well-designed image of a balefire radiation by Beach Crater."

Clever girl.
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Indigo_Surprise

• Bay Watcher
  • Scruffy Gentleman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: March 02, 2013, 02:40:33 am »

>Looking forward to them!  I enjoyed implementing your previous mod - the stasis pods now have a metal hull, glass dome, and a sleeping pony inside that dies should the dome be shattered. They can also be lined up in nice, orderly rows in enormous sleep chambers...putting away all those unwanted migrants.

Or placed in certain hallways and in important ponies' offices.

Atomic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: March 02, 2013, 03:36:01 am »

Yeah... at that time my military was trained but not very well. I know what I'm doing in DF nowadays (been playing for a few months), but I've done only a dozen or so forts (longest lasting was volcano tundra embark for 9 years that died to the circus, sort of deliberately) that I haven't given up on quickly. I'm unsure of what the best way to train military is. Right now I have squads of 3 that are always training with a min. of 2. I throw them in the arena with captured things occassionally, or have them shoot at more experienced enemy blockers.
Maybe I breached the second cave layer first by accident actually (although it isn't blank. There's plenty of salvage). Maybe I was unlucky. I wouldn't put it past that. First two stables I tried both died to robobrains within 2 years. I've seen several beefy things down there, military protectaponies, ghoul reavers and glowing ones. I think the problem I had with floater sap was due to the lack of doctors mostly.

I played for another two years.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm really bad at this.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 03:50:03 am by Atomic »

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: March 02, 2013, 02:14:53 pm »

I just discovered that fireballs still set grass on fire regardless of the ignite point, so Steel Ranger rockets will be replaced with flamethrowers and rocket turrets removed in the next version.

> Image of a balefire radiation
Nice catch on that typo.

> Or placed in certain hallways and in important ponies' offices.
Of course. :)

> I’m unsure of what the best way to train military is.
I arm my soldiers with training weapons and good armor and pit them in an arena against unarmed prisoners. There’s also the VR simulator, but it can only train one skill at a time.

> A wood artifact table and wood artifact bracelet are still on fire.
Sucks that burnable artifacts stay lit forever. You could try pumping some water over it or building a water pump nearby should you find a water talisman.

> I’m really bad at this.
I don’t think so…your Stable’s lasted quite a while despite the dangers the wasteland has thrown at it, while making for an entertaining read.

Thanks for the report Atomic! :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 02:20:01 pm by Lycaeon »
“I want to calm the storm, but the war is in your eyes.
How can I shield you from the horror and the lies?
When all that once held meaning is shattered, ruined, bleeding
And the whispers in the darkness tell me we won’t survive?”

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: March 02, 2013, 03:32:13 pm »

I don't think that slaveless slavers are a rare bug. All my .98 slavers have had a surprising lack of slaves. Maybe give them a trade good that lets you do a reaction and turn a chicken into a slave pony.

Edit: giving them a diplomat might work better. At least then it would be easier to tell when they don't have slaves available.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 03:34:09 pm by tahujdt »
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Atomic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: March 02, 2013, 07:15:42 pm »

>slaveless slavers

Every slaver caravan that's showed up for me in v.98 has had at least 3 slaves with them.

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: March 02, 2013, 07:46:19 pm »

> Slaves
I reduced the wild slave population in the last update as part of the creature edits, so that's the likely cause. I will switch it back, but for now here's the hotfix:

creature_slave.txt
Change [FREQUENCY:1] to [FREQUENCY:0] and [POPULATION_NUMBER:5:10] to [POPULATION_NUMBER:100:200]. This requires a world regen to take effect.

Giving slave traders diplomat and merchant positions is a good idea, however. Thanks for the suggestion and feedback! :)
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:15:19 pm by Lycaeon »

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: March 02, 2013, 07:50:44 pm »

This mod is amazing.
What's that song in the title, though?

Yay for being back on Bay12 again!

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Lycaeon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: March 02, 2013, 07:52:55 pm »

Welcome back! :)

The song in the title is Wasteland Soul by Miracle of Sound. It can also be found in the credits section of the first post.

Edit to below:
Thanks! :) Certain creatures are restricted from arena mode, though I'm not sure what you mean by rocket ammo.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:00:16 pm by Lycaeon »

Drago55577

• Bay Watcher
  • Я красивая девушка
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: March 02, 2013, 07:58:15 pm »

Probably my favourite mod yet. There's things missing in arena mode though, or i'm bad at looking. I havn't been able to find rocket ammo.

Time to start a military bunker :p

Edit to above:Under weapons, there is one titled [MATERIAL] Rocket Luancher, i can't find the projectile that is used with that gun. Oh, what's the [MATERIAL] Steel Ranger Corpse (rocket) that i can spawn in Arena mode?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:22:37 pm by drago55577 »

Rip goat, more loli
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: March 02, 2013, 08:07:35 pm »

Welcome back! :)

The song in the title is Wasteland Soul by Miracle of Sound. It can also be found in the credits section of the first post.

Edit to below:
Thanks! :) Certain creatures are restricted from arena mode, though I'm not sure what you mean by rocket ammo.
dammit that song is awesome.
I need a mp3 of that. And a mp3player. oh wait, i haz android.
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: March 03, 2013, 05:24:12 am »

Let me just say that I initially saw the MLP mod and thought to myself "oh, hell no."

Then I stumbled across this mod while eyeing the Fallout mod (always been a fan of Fallout since it's beginning) and thought to myself "Fallout and My Little Pony?  Oh, hells no!"

Then, one day I was bored and actually opened up the mod's thread out of morbid curiosity.  Then I found the link to Fallout:Equestria and discovered that, hey, it's passed off of a fanfic, something else that I usually avoid like the plague.  Thankfully, I was in open state of mind (read: bored out of my skull) and clicked the link to read the story, first, to get some background before installing the mod.

A week later, and all my free time outside of work and essential necessities of life, I finished the Book of Littlepip, and it is now one of my favorite stories and this mod is my prefered DF mod to play.  Good work to you, for sucking in an converting another non-believer with your work!

So far, I think I'm getting a handle on how to get things accomplished.  This mod has been far more difficult than I had previously thought.  Numerous destroyed embarkments and Stables (mainly due to abandoning).  I'm still learning what makes the best salvaging industry (still have not figured out what skill, if any, the salvage yard and supply depot use [outside of the reactions clearly marked]) and squealing with glee when I pop open a crate and discover those oh so precious talismans.  Then I scream in frustration from how the Wasteland is hell-bent on killing me.

Seriously.  The world of Fallen Equestria hates your guts far more than anything in vanilla DF.  My current stable is built on a haunted glacier (for the scrap quality increase) and I noticed that above ground wildlife doesn't pop up (to include ghouls.  Lord, those things are harsh).  I dug down into several layers deep of ice (love building my Stables in it for the added value of carved ice) and hit layers of obsidian!  One of my initial ponies was even a Necromancer with some decent physical states, so I thought I'd be set up pretty well.

That's when the cloud of irradiated dust popped up.  I thought it was going to pass me by from how it was moving, but then off course, it switched directions RIGHT as it neared.  I activated the piddling little meeting space I had carved out bellow and they all managed to get inside right as the cloud came and friggin' STALLED above the entrance.  About that time, everyone of my ponies developed the munchies and grew a desire for lungfuls of irradiated air.

My Necromancer will soon be traveling to the other life they've studied for so long (cloud touched them and they immediately started rotting).  So will another of my ponies.  One took a lungful and turned into a ghoul before their flesh could even begin to rot.

Lesson learned:  Abandon all hope, ye who enter the Wastelands of Equestria.

Update: First wave of imigrents brought a cleric with them (yay!).  Of course my luck didn't hold.  Caravan shows up and so does no less than 5 clouds at once..caravan dies and my ponies rush outside again to plunder the leavings.  While outside, 4 MORE clouds spawn in the friggin' middle of the map and cover everyone.  My cleric is now down and dying as are 4 more.

Update to the update:  This map absolutely delights in spawning necrotic clouds of radiation RIGHT in the middle of the map above my entrance.  I've lost 5 more ponies, now.  Once the rotting syndrome sets in, there is no saving them :(

On a lesser note, all the clouds that drift through are playing murder on the hidden raiders.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2013, 01:28:53 pm by Treason »

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: March 03, 2013, 05:57:03 am »

I just wanted to pop into here to say something you've probably heard dozens of times now... But to the modder.

You have fused DF, Fallout, And MLP into one bastard child of a mod. Well done.

I am serious, this idea reeks awesome.

tahujdt

• Bay Watcher
  • The token conservative
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: March 03, 2013, 11:14:39 am »

Probably my favourite mod yet. There's things missing in arena mode though, or i'm bad at looking. I havn't been able to find rocket ammo.

Time to start a military bunker :p

Edit to above:Under weapons, there is one titled [MATERIAL] Rocket Luancher, i can't find the projectile that is used with that gun. Oh, what's the [MATERIAL] Steel Ranger Corpse (rocket) that i can spawn in Arena mode?
No projectile. [Item-Heavy Weapon] is a material that is used to designate tools. These tools are used in interactions that will give the creature in question a rocket-launching natural attack. Steel Ranger corpse (rocket) is a tool that has a reaction to disassemble it, giving you a chance to find some broken power armor and a rocket launcher tool. You can use a rocket launcher to make a rocket turret. They are due to be phased out in the next version, though.
DFBT the Dwarf: The only community podcast for Dwarf Fortress!
Tahu-R-TOA-1, Troubleshooter
I suggest that we add a clause permitting the keelhauling of anyone who suggests a plan involving "zombify the crew".
Quote from: MNII
Friend Computer, can you repair the known universe, please?

Replica

• Bay Watcher
  • Temp. leave of absence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: March 03, 2013, 11:39:48 am »

Heh, you hear that Lycaeon?
Your mod is so interesting that it converts nopones and antipones into FOE fans.
Quote from: tahujdt
I don't know about unicorns, but back in .95, one of my PA soldiers was diagnosed with power armor. I drew a fairly good picture about it, but my science project (a bunny) pissed all over it.
Fallout: Equestria - Index of Stable Reports x Fallout: Equestria - Orange
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 210