Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Dwarven Academy of ¡¡SCIENCE¡¡ Succesion game  (Read 3323 times)

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Dwarven Academy of ¡¡SCIENCE¡¡ Succesion game
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2012, 05:44:15 pm »

Alas, poor Perergar. Who shall make our stone blocks now?

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2012, 06:53:45 pm »

dead... As well as Perergar

- bahahaha that's why I always stay indoors with the booze! I mean.. rest in peace

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2012, 03:58:44 pm »

From the Journals of Doc Rhyme:
5th of Sandstone:
Autumn has been uneventful so far. Some fight with the undead ravens, but nothing serious. We buried Perergar in what should have been his bedroom. I've had the honor of writing the slab. He didn't speak with us a lot, so there wasn't much to say, but hey! I think we have created a tradition here in Bom Thîkut, The Home of Books, every dwarf will have his room. And when they die, they will be buried in their room. At least if they were an important part of our lives, so we can always remeber them.

19th of Sandstone:
What? Two ravens came in today. Ten of us rushed against them. We killed them back. But... Drake died. Sadness roams our souls. We'll bury him. We are only twelve dwarves. The ravens are dozens. But we have taken a decission. We'll close the entrance by now. We'll seal ourselves until the caravan arrives. We must survive. In the name of ‼SCIENCE‼

24th of Timber:
The merchants arrived. I did Drake's job and we traded the crafts for food. We are going to need that. I've also ordered the miners to dig deeper. We have to find the caverns.

4th of Opal:
We've found the caverns. I've sealed them. I have plans for a well, but they'll had to wait.

26th of Obsidian:
The outpost liaision left. I wonder how he will survive out there, but I hope he makes it alive.

1st of Granite:
Spring has arrived. A whole year. I resign. Someone else will have to be the overseer. I have seen two of my friends die. I think I'll ask Tally to take the position.

(I'll pm Tally with the link as soon as i upload it. The image host is driving me mad, by the way)
Most people's relationship with Dwarf Fortress is akin to Stockholm Syndrome.
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.
Wait, there's a player list?

Bobnova

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2012, 05:31:41 pm »

Dorf me please, as... well... almost anything. I had a grand !!SCIENCE!! idea last night, but I don't remember what it is now.
how do I lizard Werewolf
ther seems to be a little gecko problem somehwere.
O gawd, drank all ten beers. And 3/5 of this at dinner.  I'm dronk.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2012, 06:34:54 pm »

I'll get on it as soon as I properly wake up. Because waking up at 6:30 PM is the best thing to do.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2012, 08:00:00 am »

I'll get on it as soon as I properly wake up. Because waking up at 6:30 PM is the best thing to do.
Tell us when you start
Dwarf Fortress doesn't mean to do it... I just can't behave sometimes so it has to correct me.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2012, 10:49:06 pm »

Sorry for the delay. Will get right on it.

Tally

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2012, 03:32:36 am »

Written upon several sheets of parchment are the logs of Tally Taranasmel detailing his brief reign as the Overseer of Bom Thikut. An astute translator may be able to translate the settlement's name to Human to mean: The Home of Books. They are all scattered upon the floor , with animal mud tracks beside them.

1st Granite, 503:

Today I have taken the reins over our home. Doc Rhyme has appointed me this position as overseer, having to step down to practice his medical studies in the hopes of saving future dwarves against the necromantic attacks we have endured. I will see what I can do to get everyone through this year.

The Ravens are Waiting, 22nd Granite

There are raven corpses waiting right outside our drawbridge. Their caws are haunting and gargled by necrotic flesh. I'm not sure what they're all gathered for but they're just waiting, as if planning something sinister.

1st Slate, 503:

More migrants have arrived. Those undead ravens still waited outside our home, as if waiting for their move. I had to do something fast, or we'd lose several dwarves who could be a boon to our fortress.

I quickly hatched a plan. Fortunately, I had expanded upon the cage traps set behind our drawbridge. I didn't have enough time to finish a second line of traps, however, so what happened next was a desperate move. Hastily, I told Pirate to station at the gate, and handed her a battle axe. She may be trained in swords, but this was the best we could do on short notice, as we had very little wood to spare on fuel.

The plan was to have Pirate serve as the bait to lock up those dead birds, but when Pirate saw the first drop of coagulation drip off those undead bones as they flapped to flock around her, she threw herself right into the fray! Within seconds, she had chopped one bird into a state beyond recognition, and moved onto the next. To my surprise, everything turned out okay. Pirate sustained only a few scratches and bites, but appeared no worse for it.

Over the next few days, the migrants hustled right in, wearing worried faces as they saw so many decaying body parts lying around.

5th Slate, 503: A cloud of blighted vapor drifted in from the north! It started dangerously close to our entrance, and STILL the migrants haven't finished making their way in! I'm surprised at how many damn dwarves are still coming! For now, I've left the gates open, but I'm ready to close it all down should any of that foul air come anywhere close. Unfortunately, a few of the migrants decided it would be a good idea to go fishing during this foul weather. I shall have to watch them closely.

9th Slate, 503: I finally did a headcount of all the migrants that showed up. 28 dwarves! Just that group alone is more than double our meager population. I'm at a loss of what to do with them all...

That evil cloud has passed for now, however. With the ravens and the cloud gone for now, this was the perfect time to go out and chop wood to fuel my forge. So much wood, so much charcoal! So many weapons shall be made.

19th Slate, 503: Pirate has given birth to a girl! Congratulations.

28th Slate, 503: Another victory for Pirate! A turkey zombie was harassing my dwarves, so I sent her after it. She took care of it flawlessly, not a single scratch on her.

8th Felsite, 503: I had told my miners to break through into the underground cavern half a month ago. After that, I got every capable hand I could down there to build a suitable wall to house the entrance, which has finished today! So far, no trouble has resulted, but we shall see what results.

19th Felsite, 503: The elven caravan has arrived. Meanwhile, naked mole dogs have been running through the underground cavern's tunnel. Watching Pirate try to kill them is like watching a farmer try to catch a muddy pig. It's amusing, but they just keep being a hassle to everyone, even if they don't bite. At least I can use them for cheap leather.

27th Felsite, 503: Pirate's a sneaky one. He chased that mole dog right into one of the cage traps at the entrance of our fort. I'm amused, and impressed at the same time. I also traded several of our less functional goods to the elves today in exchange for their alcohol and any non-cannibalistic food they had. I have a good enough income on both of those, but this is the only good thing elves are for anyway.

Just posting the Spring for now, a quick log to excuse my delay. And now, the question I shall pass on to you all! What should I do with all the migrants? Of them, the majority of them are only skilled at no-quality farm-related jobs, and only 3 or 4 dwarves skilled in any weaponry. Thankfully, 2 of those are swordsdwarves who will join Pirate's squad shortly. I have enough wood, limonite, and malachite now to make several light suits of armor, and already have 3 steel swords on the way.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:34:36 am by Tally »

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2012, 02:38:29 pm »

Those migrants are students! Teach them something useful! Like masonry or something.

Slothman400

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2012, 07:48:15 pm »

I wish to be dwarfed as a swords dwarf named Sloth. He should be the slowest immigrant you can find. I have high hopes about his survival. He should also be a !!BIOLOGIST!!.
Hell, if nobody's suffocated because of it, it hardly counts as a bug!

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 20, 2012, 02:24:52 am »

I want a tuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurn :o

Not sure what I'll dorf myself as, but, stuff. :D
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 20, 2012, 04:21:10 am »

Redorf me as any migrant with engineering skills, named Peregar II.

Also, add turn list into first post, please.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Rhyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2012, 05:55:44 am »

Also, add turn list into first post, please.
As soon as I get home

Vodrilus

• Bay Watcher
  • Has been forced to endure NaNoWriMo failure.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 20, 2012, 09:34:26 am »

Hi!
I'd also like a turn.
Please dwarf me as a male dwarf named Vodrilus with skills in Planting and Beekeeping --> !!GENETICS!!
Going backwards in reversed time (just like everybody else).

jesternario

• Bay Watcher
  • Round 1! DANCE!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 20, 2012, 12:41:40 pm »

This should be interesting. I'm afraid to take a turn just yet, mainly cause I know about as much about dwarven Science! as magma does about ice, but this should be interesting none the less.
You are never lost as long as you have a trusty and reliable Compass. Mine kept pointing North, so I just removed the red Needle! Problem solved!

Then I proceeded to pick up the rest of the bunnies, the masterfully crafted bronze statue, and its head. The head will be his trophy... But I need money.
Pages: 1 [2] 3