Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 316

Author Topic: Terrible Jokes  (Read 663021 times)

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Terrible Jokes
« Reply #525 on: March 29, 2014, 04:17:22 am »

Q: What did the green grape say to the purple grape?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Q: What did the grape say when he got stepped on?

Q: What's small, round and purple and conquered half the world?

Q: If white wine goes with fish, do white grapes go with?

Q: Why did the grape stop in the middle of the road?

Q: Why'd Mrs Grape leave her family?

A crying woman runs into the police station with all her clothes ripped and her hair everywhere, and says "Officer, I've just been graped!"
The policeman says "Dont you mean raped, miss?"
The woman says, "No I mean graped, there was a bunch of them."

A duck walks into a bar and asks, "Got any grapes?"
The bartender, confused, tells the duck that no, his bar doesn't serve grapes. The duck thanks him and leaves.
The next day, the duck returns and says, "Got any grapes?"
Again, the bartender tells him that, no, the bar does not serve grapes, has never served grapes, and, furthermore, will never serve grapes. The duck, a little ruffled, thanks him and leaves.
The next day, the duck returns, but before he can say anything, the bartender begins to yell: "Listen, duck! This is a bar! We do not serve grapes! If you ever ask for grapes again, I will nail your stupid duck beak to the bar!"
The duck is silent for a moment, and then asks, "Got any nails?"
Confused, the bartender says no.
"Good!" says the duck. "Got any grapes?"

A guy walks into the doctor's office, a banana stuck in one of his ears, a cucumber in the other ear, and a grape stuck in one nostril.
The man says, "Doc, this is terrible. What's wrong with me?"
The doctor says, "Well, first of all, you need to eat more sensibly."

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: March 29, 2014, 04:41:46 am »

Your jokes are so grape they're in-sultana-ing my intelligence.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Yt0b_QBP_A
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 04:43:21 am by Reelya »

Sergius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: March 31, 2014, 10:41:10 am »

Those jokes are bordeauxing ridiculous.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: March 31, 2014, 11:14:35 am »

As they say in the mob, you can't make an omelette without breaking a few legs.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: March 31, 2014, 12:24:17 pm »

What do you need to do to always be highly energetic, positive and literally unstoppable?

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: April 01, 2014, 05:05:03 am »

Originally, the Soviet GAZ-M-20 cars were to be named Rodina (Motherland). The name was changed to Pobeda (Victory) after the prototype car was presented to Joseph Stalin. Reportedly, he asked the factory administration after hearing the car's name:
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:08:55 am by Guardian G.I. »
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: April 01, 2014, 05:26:11 am »

The Soviet Union wanted erect a monument to its greatest poet, Pushkin. From all over the Union, artists sent in their suggestions. The top three were:
3) Pushkin, writing at his desk.
2) Pushkin, gazing up at the stars.
1) Stalin, reading a book by Pushkin.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 07:23:41 am by Helgoland »
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Comrade P.

• Bay Watcher
  • For space is wide and good friends are too few
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: April 01, 2014, 05:36:56 am »

Russian winter always was a great threat to it's foes, and this year Russian Winter struck USA all by itself.
Sigs

Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody’s gonna die. Come watch TV?

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
  • This adorable animal can't work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: April 01, 2014, 05:41:19 am »

The Soviet Union wanted erect a monument to its greatest writer, Pushkin.
Excuse me, Russia. Excuse me, poet. Hard to be a Soviet writer when you're a poet born in 1799. Of course, he wrote prose, but he is primarily renowned for his poetry.
It annoys me when people make Soviet jokes and mangle them.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: April 01, 2014, 05:44:54 am »

In Soviet Russia, joke mangle you.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: April 01, 2014, 07:25:30 am »

Excuse me, Russia. Excuse me, poet. Hard to be a Soviet writer when you're a poet born in 1799. Of course, he wrote prose, but he is primarily renowned for his poetry.
I changed the poet bit (I actually thought about whether to call him a writer or a poet, I didn't know what he wrote - I need to brush up on my Russian classics), but I'm pretty sure the SU would've claimed him as 'theirs'.
The Bay12 postcard club

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: April 01, 2014, 07:52:09 am »

It's not about what he is but what the Union can say he is. The more legitimacy the better, and "Same territory and culture" can be pretty legitimate.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: April 01, 2014, 08:37:56 am »

I changed the poet bit (I actually thought about whether to call him a writer or a poet, I didn't know what he wrote - I need to brush up on my Russian classics), but I'm pretty sure the SU would've claimed him as 'theirs'.
Well, in fact, nope. The definition of "Soviet" is "pertaining to the Soviet Union". A Soviet functionary might have said that Pushkin was "a critical figure in the literature of the czarist times and dear to the soul of every Soviet citizen" or that "every Soviet citizen should know Pushkin" but not "Pushkin was a Soviet poet". That's ridiculous. The distinction is quite important.
“See this Payam!” cried the gods, “He deceives us! He cruelly abuses our lustful hearts!”

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: April 01, 2014, 12:45:09 pm »

Well, in fact, nope. The definition of "Soviet" is "pertaining to the Soviet Union". A Soviet functionary might have said that Pushkin was "a critical figure in the literature of the czarist times and dear to the soul of every Soviet citizen" or that "every Soviet citizen should know Pushkin" but not "Pushkin was a Soviet poet". That's ridiculous. The distinction is quite important.
Okay, of course they wouldn't say "Pushkin was a Soviet poet", but that's different from the claim "He's our poet".

It might be less controversial to use an actual Soviet writer/poet/musician/whatever, though.
The Bay12 postcard club

Avis-Mergulus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: April 01, 2014, 01:25:28 pm »

Okay, of course they wouldn't say "Pushkin was a Soviet poet", but that's different from the claim "He's our poet".

It might be less controversial to use an actual Soviet writer/poet/musician/whatever, though.
Why, a citizen of contemporary Russia can say "Pushkin is our poet", and while I dislike such grandiose statements, I would understand this to mean "Pushkin is important to a contemporary Russian's understanding of poetry" not "Pushkin is a citizen of the Russian Federation", see what I mean? There is a difference.
You might try using Maiakovsky or Simonov, those are actual Soviet poets to whom a number of monuments was built. Of course, Maiakovsky was born in the Russian Empire, but...

Quote from: Vladimir Maiakovsky
For me, accepting or rejecting the revolution was no question. My revolution.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 316