Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962108 times)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Goldenarm
« Reply #105 on: November 28, 2012, 03:17:58 am »

"O for the love of god" point at Garth (hopeful) "go to hell GWP"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #106 on: November 28, 2012, 04:53:11 am »

(now normally I'd not do a post where someone is being aggressively targeted until they post a reply but...well...you'll see.)
"That went well."

Try again, same word. Focus. Idiot! Focus! After the spell takes effect, look around, it's been too long since the last paranoia check. Call out to the strange pair standing a distance away, "Oi! Keep yer filthy mitts off me lucky charms!" Heh, always wanted to say that. If they look confused, laugh and wave them closer.

((Damn, ten seconds from posting this turn. Luck is a sick twisted little person.))
[pot:6+1]
You speak your word and you think, you're not sure, but you think you see Joe way down on the first floor shimmer a bit.

John shrugs. "He doesn't seem to be doing anything threatening. Leave him be. That new guy on the south, however..." John gestures with his normal arm, pointing at Thrakor "He seems suspicious."

If Thrakor tries to cross the bridge, John will glare at him. Menacingly. If he doesn't take the hint, John will shout Word One at the ropes holding the bridge up. If he doesn't try to cross, John will try some more spells on his arm, specifically Word Two.
Thrakor continues up the stairs so you shrug and try another combination of words.
[pot:1-1]
Strangely, nothing happens despite the fact that you're pretty sure you said those words completely wrong and with a thick Austrian accent.

Thrakor huffed and puffed as he went up the stairs.  Just a bit further...

Head up the stairs to the fourth floor and to the pillar in about the 4:30 position.  Point at it and say Fancy Magic Phrase.
[pot:4]
The air shimmers for a second and then rockets off toward the men standing on the central platform on the third floor, but vanishes after moving a few feet.

Jared gets up, noticing a single...three people on the floor with him. One standing in front of him, confused.
Taking advantage of the situation, he points his fingers at JOE and shouts 'CON-THORBDALION!
[pot:4+1]
You shout your chosen magical word at the man standing next to you with a blank expression. He stares at your pointing, accusatory finger in dumbfounded awe as nothing at all happens.

Level up: +1 Potency

"Ha-hah! Teach yoo to mess vith mee!"

Yell "ZERTH" at him for good measure, then stomp him until he is, how you say, dead! Ah need mo' powah, after all.

((Don't be a healing spell, don't be a healing spell, don't be a healing spell...))

"O for the love of god" point at Garth (hopeful) "go to hell GWP"
[garth pot:4+1]
[pat pot:5]
Both Pat and Garth shout their chosen words...to no effect. Garth shrugs and proceeds to run in and try to kick a field goal with Pat's head.
[Garth dex:4]
[Pat dex:6]
Garth swings a hard kick toward Pat's skull but Pat, blindly trying to protect himself via wild flailing, catches Garth's foot with a windmilling arm and shoves him off balance. Garth stumbles and falls flat onto Pat, placing them in awkward, vaguely romantic position.

Patrick :Green: Pool:1/2 (Blinded, both legs turned to Obsidian)
Joe: Red: pool:1/1
Garth(2) : Blue: Pool:2/2 (a few metal marbles)
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth)
Jared: Yellow: Pool:2/2
Thrakor: Purple: Pool:2/2
Kin : Light blue: Pool:2/2
John: Dark red: Pool: 2/3 (Left arm turned to gold from elbow down.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 04:58:14 am by piecewise »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 28, 2012, 05:01:35 am »

"one more time" place hand on Garth's chest and shout "GWP"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 28, 2012, 07:35:26 am »

"Oh yes! Distance has been achieved!"

Laugh gleefully, then pull myself together and say Generic while looking at the wall behind me.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:45:50 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 28, 2012, 08:40:28 am »

((Three 5 rolls on potency with zero effect.  Good luck figuring those words out.))

Well, that wasn't helpful.  Time to try something else.

Point at the pillar again and say Secret Magicy Thing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 28, 2012, 10:07:21 am »

Roll away and run to a distance that 1-word magic hasn't worked at yet. Yell "GARSTORPIT-GARSTORPIT" at Mr. Blind Schmuck.

((It's not a piecewise RTD without piles of accidental homoeroticism.))
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 10:10:23 am by Harry Baldman »

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #111 on: November 28, 2012, 10:36:47 am »

"Okay, no more dilly-dallying. Time for some experimentation."

Kin tries a new method of using words, first he points at that average guy and yell "Kelio" then he points at that nondescript guy and say the same word. In case Kin feel like it wouldn't work he prioritize for the average guy. Seems too lucky for his taste.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 28, 2012, 11:05:50 am »

Jared, feeling very...underwhelmed, turns around to see someone yelling while pointing at him. He puts his palms out while screaming, TRIALO SHUBHA! at THEM

((Just started, and I have already managed to accomplish a lack of anything. Also, is this how you would say 'two' words? By just writing them like that?))
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 11:19:30 am by Greenstarfanatic »
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2012, 05:02:40 pm »

Kin tries a new method of using words, first he points at that average guy and yell "Kelio" then he points at that nondescript guy and say the same word. In case Kin feel like it wouldn't work he prioritize for the average guy. Seems too lucky for his taste.

A game where everything is dependent on luck, and you find an incredibly lucky person. So what do you do? ATTACK ATTACK ATTACK!

This guy isn't too bright, is he? </RP>

Come to think of it.... I found a quote perfect for this, should it erupt into a death battle. Fun. And, just for fun, I would like to make an Israelite political statement here: I didn't start it.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:44:57 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2012, 05:18:12 pm »

((I was pretty lucky too, until I wasn't. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 28, 2012, 06:38:42 pm »

Did I "respawn"?

Name: Roland Darkknoll
Appearance: Pale skin, dark hair, scrawny.
Stats:
Strength 0
Dexterity 2
Potency 3
Will 1
Channeling 2
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #116 on: November 28, 2012, 06:56:36 pm »

"one more time" place hand on Garth's chest and shout "GWP"
Roll away and run to a distance that 1-word magic hasn't worked at yet. Yell "GARSTORPIT-GARSTORPIT" at Mr. Blind Schmuck.

((It's not a piecewise RTD without piles of accidental homoeroticism.))
[garth dex:6]
[Pat dex:4-1]
[garth pot:3+1]
[pat end:6+1]
Garth rolls off Patrick and shouts a double Garstopit at the prone, half stoned man. This time the air goes solid black and the dark tendrils which lance through the haze pierce into the stone around them, digging blackened gouges  through the rock. When it clears Pat is barely alive: His skin is albino white and his veins, clearly visible, are pumping black blood. His eyes are hollow sockets, pouring with blood and his teeth fall out as he coughs and spasms uncontrollably. The random dark spots appear in his pale flesh, swelling and then suddenly collapsing into a powdery gray substance revealing degenerating flesh and bone beneath.

[Patrick is fatally poisoned: He will die next turn if things remain as they are.]

"Oh yes! Distance has been achieved!"

Laugh gleefully, then pull myself together and say [color=#f4cb3]Generic[/color]while looking at the wall behind me.
You get off your cloth throne, stand, and face the wall behind you before you speak your word.
[pot:5+1]
You the air in front of you becomes slightly less opaque, roils fluidly and solidifies into a massive globule of water over 8 foot in diameter. It hovers in mid air for a moment before splashing down onto the ground and catching you and everything around you in a sudden deluge.
[str:5-1]
You get swept off your feet but flatten yourself as best you can against the floor and manage not to get washed off the ledge, though only just. Your pile of cloth, however, goes cascading down along with the water, landing with a fantastic flopping noise on the first floor.
((Three 5 rolls on potency with zero effect.  Good luck figuring those words out.))

Well, that wasn't helpful.  Time to try something else.

Point at the pillar again and say Secret Magicy Thing.

[pot:6]
You position yourself so that the rock is in front of you, a few feet away, just out of arms length. You point at it and say your word.

The air fills with a strange sort of sound, like glass breaking but in reverse, and the massive growth of iridescent, luminescent blue crystal sprouts from the rock and grows outward. You take a few steps back to stay out of the way as great spires and spikes of semitransparent blue, almost glass like crystal grow with distressing speed. Finally they stop, looking like a explosion springing from the side of the stone, frozen in time. They look very sharp and angular.

You speak your word twice, focusing on different targets each time
[pot:4]
[pot:3]
The first attempt results in a faint shimmer that launches off into the air in a vague arc before vanishing, while the other doesn't seem to result in anything other the a shimmer that fades.

Jared, feeling very...underwhelmed, turns around to see someone yelling while pointing at him. He puts his palms out while screaming, TRIALO SHUBHA! at THEM

((Just started, and I have already managed to accomplish a lack of anything. Also, is this how you would say 'two' words? By just writing them like that?))
(yeah, thats how you do it.)
[pot:5+1]
A vague and barely visible image of a thin rod or staff appears directly behind you before suddenly rocketing way from you at breakneck speeds and vanishing. Huh.

(Ohhhh, I'm so tempted to give you all a hint...because the method most of you are using to try and figure out how these words work simply isn't going to give you any meaningful result on like 90% of them. Maybe that in and of itself is enough of a hint...)
Did I "respawn"?

Name: Roland Darkknoll
Appearance: Pale skin, dark hair, scrawny.
Stats:
Strength 0
Dexterity 2
Potency 3
Will 1
Channeling 2
There are only ever 8 people in the ring at one time. You'll respawn once you come up in the waitlist because everyone before you has died. Don't worry, shouldn't take long.  I believe the OP says this, though I could be wrong.

Patrick :Green: Pool:1/2 (Blinded, both legs turned to Obsidian, fatally poisoned, unconcious)
Joe: Red: pool:1/1
Garth(2) : Blue: Pool:1/2 (a few metal marbles)
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth. Soaked in water)
Jared: Yellow: Pool:1/2
Thrakor: Purple: Pool:2/2
Kin : Light blue: Pool:1/2
John: Dark red: Pool: 3/3 (Left arm turned to gold from elbow down.)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2012, 06:59:53 pm by piecewise »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Piles of accidental homoeroticism
« Reply #117 on: November 28, 2012, 07:08:20 pm »

It mentions it, I just forgot.
Could you PM me when I'm respawned?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 28, 2012, 07:12:02 pm »

((I'll pass on a hint I got- disregard that several of the words have similar spellings/syllables.  That's irrelevant.))

"Hey, now that's useful."

Try to break off a chunk.  If it comes easily, execute Fancy Magic Plan Alpha.  If not, just stand there and Fancy Magic Plan Beta.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 28, 2012, 07:18:58 pm »

I'm not even a player and I think I know why so many words aren't working. If and when i spawn, I'll figure it out...
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 435