Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961651 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #240 on: December 03, 2012, 12:12:03 am »

"Hm."
Yurf calmed down, now. He didn't know where the hell he was, but that cleaver looked useful.

"Dat's mine! Get back!"
Yurf bellowed and ran towards it.

>Shout a warning as I run and grab the cleaver!

>If a person near it doesn't make themselves scarce, plant it in their skull! (Or any other convenient bodypart, really. The point is, kill them.)

>If they do run away before I reach them, retreat back to the stairs and get back in cover!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 03:12:08 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: December 03, 2012, 01:18:42 am »

((Aw, dang. I liked Garth. Oh well. And seriously, no points in Dexterity for Jamie? That sounds unwise. After all, look what relatively poor dexterity got Garth.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: December 03, 2012, 01:20:27 am »

((Garth was, like, the main character. Everyone else is boring. Good thing Yurf's in there now! :P))
Booze is Life for Yoink

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: December 03, 2012, 01:23:35 am »

I thought I already had a point in dexterity. Ok then, gonna change that.

Edit: Oh wow, I put it in will instead when I wait listed. I don't even remember doing that.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 01:31:44 am by Person »
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 03, 2012, 01:51:06 am »

((I have one request of you, Person - do a hextuple garstorpit. Just to see what happens. Aim upwards.))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 03, 2012, 02:24:48 am »

((Garth was, like, the main character.))
((Makes sense to me. :P))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 03, 2012, 02:29:05 am »

((I have one request of you, Person - do a hextuple garstorpit. Just to see what happens. Aim upwards.))
I might do it eventually, but I need to do some other science first.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 03, 2012, 02:47:28 am »

waitlisting i guess, been watching since you started and was intimidated by giant maps but now that you added locations in text i can ignore them :D

Spoiler: character (click to show/hide)
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 03, 2012, 03:04:05 am »

Walk over to Yurf and Garstorpit him
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #249 on: December 03, 2012, 04:28:24 am »

2 Points in Potency, 1 point in strength, 1 point in dexterity, 1 point in endurance. Run up the stairs. After I get up them, cast generic, pointing at the nearest wall.
You turn tail and run straight up the north stairs to the second level and proceed to point at the nearest wall an shout your chosen word.

[pot:2+1]
The air shimmers a bit but nothing seems to happen.

Not useful enough to give me any information.  Might as well keep them, though.

Collect the specks- what are they?  Listen carefully to see if I can overhear any other magic words being said.

I wonder if there's a pool-draining spell.
You grab the specks but can't determine anything more about them then you already did: They're just thin flecks of Obsidian.

You hear Sanya speaking so you peek over the edge to watch what happens.

All right, i don't feel as weak right now... I think I'm ready for another go.

"Look out everybody, I'm trying science!"

Clear mind, point in front of me, say "Kenthablaw" in a normal tone.

[pot:2]

A single, tiny lump of wood clatters to the ground in front of you. Interesting.

Use ghostly powers to collapse the roof!

Yeah, probably not going to work, but what if I get a 6? Or at least get this action recorded in the next turn.

Basically, I'm mildly impatient and significantly tired...maybe I should just close the tab.
[No:No]

No.

"Wow... things are actually pretty peaceful here. I guess that people tend to leave you alone when they know that you have lightning at your command. Still, I might be a threat to myself with all of this raw electricity. I've got rubber though, so maybe I can do something to insulate myself."

If nobody tries to attack me, then use Magic Phrase A. If someone approaches with hostile intentions, then blast them with Magic Phrase B.

[pot:1]
[end:4+1]
You look on in stunned confusion as your left hand darkens and transforms into rubber.

"Uhhh...huh."

"Hm."
Yurf calmed down, now. He didn't know where the hell he was, but that cleaver looked useful.

"Dat's mine! Get back!"
Yurf bellowed and ran towards it.

>Shout a warning as I run and grab the cleaver!

>If a person near it doesn't make themselves scarce, plant it in their skull! (Or any other convenient bodypart, really. The point is, kill them.)

>If they do run away before I reach them, retreat back to the stairs and get back in cover!
You run across the floor of the pit as the other guy scampers away up the stairs and stop next to the enormous Cleaver. You reach in with one hand and grip the handle.

[end:2+1]

Back tendrils leap from the metal and bury themselves in your hand. You yank your hand back in pain as the flesh of your hand withers  and everything from the wrist down on your right arm seems to shrivel and die.

Walk over to Yurf and Garstorpit him
You run down the steps and charge toward Yurf, who sees you coming with time to spare, despite being noticeably distracted with his rotting hand.
[yurf dex: 5]
[pot:5+1]
You shout a Garstopit at him but he is quick to leap away as the poisonous cloud forms, avoiding the blow.

((Aw, dang. I liked Garth. Oh well. And seriously, no points in Dexterity for Jamie? That sounds unwise. After all, look what relatively poor dexterity got Garth.))
Clearly you need to make another character and wait list him.

Sanya:Green: Pool:3/3  [Third floor, on west stairs]
Adam: Red: pool:1/1 [First floor, next to YURF]
YURF: Blue: Pool: 0/0 (Right hand mummified) [first floor, Near north stairs]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 2/2 (some cloth) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on west side.]
Lepus: Yellow: Pool:1/2 (left hand is rubber) [Second floor, between south and west stairs]
Thrakor(2): Purple: Pool:2/2 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless)[Fourth floor, North east side, hiding behind rock]
Kin : Light blue: Pool:2/2  (Blunt cleaver. severed left calf: movement hampered. Gash in shoulder. Wounds bandaged)[third floor, center platform]
Jamie(6): Dark red: Pool: 3/6 [Second floor, near north stairs]

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: December 03, 2012, 04:36:19 am »

"Hnng."
Yurf may have made a slight error in judgement. Oh well, he still had another hand.

>Grab the other sword with my other hand and disembowel the person shooting poison clouds at me!
Whilst avoiding said poison clouds.

"You. That's enough outta you."
Booze is Life for Yoink

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 03, 2012, 07:38:12 am »

Knew it. Ah well.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 03, 2012, 08:43:42 am »

Repeat same process as last turn, with new words, and after getting away from the molten metal.

"I would be very happy about that, if I wasn't roasting alive."
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 08:45:14 am by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 03, 2012, 08:54:10 am »

((Garstopit appears to be a recipe for pure unfettered evil.))

Right.  Think I know what's going on here, so I think it's time to test something...

Execute Magic Nutella!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 03, 2012, 09:09:37 am »

Okay, next character!

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 435