Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962050 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Live by Garstopit, Die by Garstopit
« Reply #570 on: December 10, 2012, 04:53:46 pm »

"Time for more mageecks! Only zis time, zey vill vork!"

Perform Magical Master Plan C.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 04:56:27 pm by Harry Baldman »

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #571 on: December 10, 2012, 05:10:13 pm »

Selande stared in amazement. It was beyond her comprehension that she could use magic. She knew of others who could use the Power but this was different, way different than she could handle. But she knew that one of the words she had used could potentially bring her back to her mistress. Problem was, how to do it in such a painless way as possible and without losing limbs or other important parts. She had seen battles with male users wielding the Power using a similar Portal magic chomp armies to bits.

Selande sneaked up the stairs, making sure not to draw unwanted attention. Maybe she could get someone to join her, once she knew that everyone wasn't out to kill her.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: December 10, 2012, 05:33:21 pm »

Go upstairs, say word.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: December 10, 2012, 05:57:22 pm »

((Oh, and would anyone mind if I started practicing mind-magic on the A.I.'s? No one has any sentimentality toward their constructs, right?

If me playing god and using your faux-children as test-subjects for despicable magical torture while occasionally nodding and mumbling "Interesting..." sounds too vicious, I can just make a few of my own. This whole homunculous business is actually quite fortunate. I was about to start experimenting on anyone in combat, considering they have more pressing issues than a scientist playing with their subconscious.))
« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 05:59:12 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: December 10, 2012, 06:01:10 pm »

"Hahaha! It worked! It actually worked! Those fools back at the asylum will never catch me now. With the Grimoire of Lepus, I'm unstoppable! Wait a sec... I'm not alone here, am I? Shit, everyone else here has grimoires too! But my magic will be the best magic! Now, let's see what sort of spells I can whip up! Aha, this seems like a damned silly one!"

If I'm not under attack, then cast Unbearable Bombing Run over the hole in the floor. If someone does decide to go after me, then use Violent Wind Tunnel while pointing at them.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: December 10, 2012, 06:05:54 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((Also question, what's your stance on, say, your current character finding your old one's notes and thus having all the magical knowledge they did?))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: December 10, 2012, 06:10:02 pm »

((Also question, what's your stance on, say, your current character finding your old one's notes and thus having all the magical knowledge they did?))

((People have done it, normally in the form of:
As Generic Character A pokes through the pages of this book, he/she finds some of the words are circled in what looks like blood. Ew. They have small scrawled notes next to them....
))
Greater Collection
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: December 10, 2012, 06:10:51 pm »

((I can't really pretend to not know, so I'm just using it as an in character way to justify having the knowledge))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: December 10, 2012, 06:18:21 pm »

((I haven't kept track of anything since... well, before Yurf went murder-happy. Most of the words I used, IDFK what they're for.

Oh. That word I used with the staff. Fourth-page one. Science it. Use the staff. There might just be some hidden power and I want in on it.))
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: December 10, 2012, 06:46:04 pm »

2 channeling 2 end 1dex
That should put me at 5, 3, 3 right?

i have avenged thee my friend, the demon is no more. Rest well in whatever afterlife ye believe in.

grab the staff, run up south stairs and hide in SE corner, provided i have enough power perform science, if i am attacked electrocute them.

((why do i have the feeling someones going to call a giant lightning strike down from the heavens and blow an 8 foot hole in the level where im standing))

« Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 07:21:03 pm by Unholy_Pariah »
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: December 10, 2012, 06:50:41 pm »

Hobitaeaod is the word I'd like scienced. If we know what it does, the staff might make more sense.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: December 10, 2012, 07:06:12 pm »

i know exaclty what it does... It makes my new staff all glowy and magic looking :D
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: December 10, 2012, 07:26:55 pm »

"Oh dear."

Tear a strip of cloth off my pants and throw it at the point to see what it does.  Also cast a MAGIC at it.  In either case, give it plenty of space.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #583 on: December 10, 2012, 07:49:24 pm »

"I would say that was mind-blowingly wrong. But everything has been."

Shrug and continue experiments. Possibly laugh.

[pot:3+1]
You conjure a large pile of dirt. Yippee.

"Time for more mageecks! Only zis time, zey vill vork!"

Perform Magical Master Plan C.
2 channeling 2 end 1dex
That should put me at 5, 3, 3 right?

[color=i have avenged thee my friend, the demon is no more. Rest well in whatever afterlife ye believe in.[/color]

grab the staff and conduct evasive manouvres, provided i have enough power perform science, if i am attacked electrocute them.

((why do i have the feeling someones going to call a giant lightning strike down from the heavens and blow an 8 foot hole in the level where im standing))

Waldo runs down the stairs and grabs the staff. He looks up just in time to see Granny, quite spry for her age, charging at him, all ready to shove him down the stairs to the first floor.

[waldo dex:4 +1]
[Ester dex:3]
[waldo pot:4+1]
[ester end:2]

Waldo shouts his word while stepping to the side and Granny, still trailing streams of arcing electricity, goes flying face first down the stairs. Hard to tell what killed her, the shock or the half a dozen stone steps to the face. Either way, she's deader then dignity in the youtube age.

[Ester is dead: Waldo gains a point.]

Selande stared in amazement. It was beyond her comprehension that she could use magic. She knew of others who could use the Power but this was different, way different than she could handle. But she knew that one of the words she had used could potentially bring her back to her mistress. Problem was, how to do it in such a painless way as possible and without losing limbs or other important parts. She had seen battles with male users wielding the Power using a similar Portal magic chomp armies to bits.

Selande sneaked up the stairs, making sure not to draw unwanted attention. Maybe she could get someone to join her, once she knew that everyone wasn't out to kill her.
You commando crawl all the way up to the fourth floor and look around for someone to join up with. You see Thrakor over to the east and Possibility over to the west.

Go upstairs, say word.

You climb upstairs to  the third floor and give your word a try.

[pot:5]

The air just above your palm seems to glimmer, but other then that, nothing happens.

"Hahaha! It worked! It actually worked! Those fools back at the asylum will never catch me now. With the Grimoire of Lepus, I'm unstoppable! Wait a sec... I'm not alone here, am I? Shit, everyone else here has grimoires too! But my magic will be the best magic! Now, let's see what sort of spells I can whip up! Aha, this seems like a damned silly one!"

If I'm not under attack, then cast Unbearable Bombing Run over the hole in the floor. If someone does decide to go after me, then use Violent Wind Tunnel while pointing at them.

[pot:2+1]

A tiny image of a bear, about as big as your fist, and constructed out of molten stone, appears a few feet in front of you. It falls from the ledge and down to the first floor, splatting harmlessly.

I think it's pretty much impossible to stop yourself from metagaming like that so I've always been fine with such things. You don't even have to explain it in character if you don't want to.

"Oh dear."

Tear a strip of cloth off my pants and throw it at the point to see what it does.  Also cast a MAGIC at it.  In either case, give it plenty of space.
Yeah, that thing went away after a few seconds. I thought I said that, but I must have forgotten. Sorry.

Alexander appears on the third story central platform. He looks around, shrugs and then poses.

Alexander:Green: Pool:2/2 [Third floor, central platform]
Phil: Red: pool:1/1 [third floor, east stairs]
Selande: Blue: Pool: 2/4 [second floor, north stairs]
Possibly: Orange: Pool: 1/2 (some cloth, right arm marked, Right arm living steel) [Fourth floor, hiding behind a rock on north west side.]
Susan: Yellow: Pool:3/3 [first floor,center]
Thrakor(10): Purple: Pool:3/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity.)[Fourth floor, North east side, hiding]
Hydrus: Light blue: Pool:1/2 [fourth floor, south stairs.]
Waldo( 8 ): Dark red: Pool:2/5 (plant staff) [second floor, West stairs.]

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: December 10, 2012, 07:57:11 pm »

"Well, I got plants. I got dirt. I could be some kind of boring magic farmer. Hmm..... Nah."

Generic!

((I've got a jar of diiirt! I've got a jar of diiirt! Guess what's inside it!))
Greater Collection
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 435