Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958594 times)

satan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Susan rubs the cat's belly while waiting for her mana to regenerate.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence

"Alright little guy, where are you from?" Selande doesn't expect to get an answer but one can never know in a crazy situation like this.

"Let's try 'Karenthar Halthel Zzeralthonth.'"

((See if this work.))

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

At least your death was warm and fuzzy. 

I could play with the lion...

Neato.

Land near the 4th floor south stairs.  Say magic of the day.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile

Talos' disembodied spirit escapes this hell, flying up, up, through the thread. He passes through turns, actions and statuses before bonking into a force he cannot surmount. The bottom of the whitelist.
"Damn it..."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile

execute plan of magical greediness.

holy jesus monkeys batman! A batman just stole your staff thrakor!... Thrakor?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile

"Well, that could have been fun. Guess not."

Say Words. If Derm gets within six feet of me, use Different Words.

((I know I'm known for overreacting, but Derm is kind of the Avatar of Collateral Damage.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

((Potency Six :D))
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Calmly talk to the lion while I back away. Run if it tries to attack me.

...That was nothing like what I hoped would happen.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Talos' Desperate Need For More Flesh Cylinde
« Reply #803 on: December 15, 2012, 05:59:39 pm »

((oh hey the lions on the same floor as me... ill have to do some science on it later))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff

Susan rubs the cat's belly while waiting for her mana to regenerate.
You pet the cat on it's cylindrical belly.

"Alright little guy, where are you from?" Selande doesn't expect to get an answer but one can never know in a crazy situation like this.

"Let's try 'Karenthar Halthel Zzeralthonth.'"

((See if this work.))
[pot:4-1]
You manage to summon a tiny, furry biped; it's only 8 or so inches tall, covered in white fur, bearing digitigrade legs and large padded paws instead of feet or hands. It's head is a rather uncanny mix of feline and human and it looks at you with wide yellow eyes before scampering away.

At least your death was warm and fuzzy. 

I could play with the lion...

Neato.

Land near the 4th floor south stairs.  Say magic of the day.

You fly back down to the 4th floor south stairs and land, retracting your wings before saying the word of the day.
[pot:2+1]

The electrical charge arcing over your staff and through your hand seems to increase in intensity, your flesh glowing brighter and the random discharges on your staff coming faster and more powerful.

Calmly talk to the lion while I back away. Run if it tries to attack me.

...That was nothing like what I hoped would happen.

You back away from the lion and down into the north stairwell. The lion watches you go, growls once more and then takes flight, rising to the 5th level and taking up a position on one of  the pillars in the north.

Derm looked around. He looked at the book.

"Well. This is new."

Walk in a random direction and try to find someone.
execute plan of magical greediness.

holy jesus monkeys batman! A batman just stole your staff thrakor!... Thrakor?
[derm dex:3-1]
[waldo dex:3+1]

Waldo, seeing a new person joining him and the rest of the merry band of wizards in the pit, promptly flips his shit and starts hurling grenade fruits.

[waldo dex:1+1]
[waldo str:5-1]

The grenade fruit misses Derm completely and explodes harmlessly down on the second level.

"Well...how about this?!" You say before you shout your chosen magical words.

[pot:1+1]

A bit of static cling level electricity sparks out in a thin beam that vanishes a few feet in front of you

"Mother fucker..."

Derm, completely unaware of the fact that someone has just failed to kill him, wanders over toward Possibly and Hydrus but stops as Possibly points at him and yells

"Stay away, you. I've got magic and I'm not afraid to use it!"

"Well, that could have been fun. Guess not."

Say Words. If Derm gets within six feet of me, use Different Words.

((I know I'm known for overreacting, but Derm is kind of the Avatar of Collateral Damage.))

[pot:2+1]

A small cube of liquid appears near you, holds it's shape for a moment, and then splashes to the ground. You draw closer and look at the liquid, smelling it a bit. You recognize that smell.

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE!" You say, leaping up and down, thrilled to your very soul.

Derm:Derm: Pool:1/1 [third floor, south west]

Phil:Greatwyrmgold: pool:1/1 [fourth floor,North stairs]

Selande:KineseN: Pool: 1/4 (Silver lump on one finger.) [fourth floor, East stairs]

Possibly:Onyxjew: Pool:1/2 (some cloth,flesh staff. right arm marked, Right arm living steel) [third floor, south east area]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:3/4 [first floor,south east side]

Thrakor(10):Toaster: Pool:2/3 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity. Crystal-lightning staff. Torso marked.)[Fourth floor, South area]

Hydrus:Wwolin: Pool:2/2  [third floor, south east area]

Waldo(8): Unholy_pariah: Pool:1/5 (plant staff, 3 grenade fruits, limping. Green man.) [Fourth floor, West stairs.] 
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:28:33 pm by piecewise »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Poor Derm.  Here one turn and already people are trying to grenade him.

Hmmm... I'll have to remember that one.  Got something I want to try it with.

Swing staff around experimentally.  Point it at a pillar and try to make it shoot lightning.  Command my thunderball to float a couple feet over my head (where I could jump up and grab it.)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile

"BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE!!!!!

I have wanted a drink for so long.... my throat feels like sandpaper.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOZE!!!"

Forget Derm, drink booze! Say word. You know the drill if he gets too close though, booze is flammable.

((Thank you so much for including a word for alcohol. I am so very happy. Now to make a container....

This is one word I will not keep zealously guarded. No denizen of Bay12 should go without booze.

Uristrast.

Now get stupid in my name!))
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 09:07:18 pm by Onyxjew944 »
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

Point at Hydrus, say Skadoosh.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 10:09:28 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

sigh and stop trying to grenade people, execute plan b

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Head to the east stairs, greet Selende.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 435