Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961697 times)

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #1260 on: January 11, 2013, 07:13:07 pm »

((With my epilogue complete, I'm here to present that son for the list. And if you would like that spoilered because of the length, I'll edit that in.
Spoiler: Waitlist (click to show/hide)
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: January 11, 2013, 08:12:29 pm »

((Found it. Most certainly did not notice that before, fascinating.

Of course, now we already know what that something is, so a bit late.))

Words and Will.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: January 11, 2013, 08:49:25 pm »

((Found it. Most certainly did not notice that before, fascinating.))
((Really? I couldn't. Searching "(20)" with quotes only turned up every time the number 20 came up in a post. Which includes every turn.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: January 11, 2013, 08:58:20 pm »

((Really? I couldn't. Searching "(20)" with quotes only turned up every time the number 20 came up in a post. Which includes every turn.))
((It's one of the first results, but it only appears once. And in a place you wouldn't expect. :3))
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: January 11, 2013, 09:24:31 pm »

So Null appears only to people with 20 souls?
Or his arena thing does?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: January 11, 2013, 09:30:05 pm »

((It's one of the first results, but it only appears once. And in a place you wouldn't expect. :3))
((What, the "Something Happens if you Reach 20" thing?))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: January 11, 2013, 09:31:00 pm »

Null appeared..... And he exclaimed someone reached 20 souls.....

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: January 11, 2013, 09:35:25 pm »

Well, duh. The discovery of that brief thread title as what piecewise mentioned is...kinda underwhelming.
Sig

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1268 on: January 11, 2013, 10:09:21 pm »

So Null appears only to people with 20 souls?
Or his arena thing does?
Null's in the center of the arena right now, down there on the first floor. Anyone can see him or attempt to talk to or interact with him in any way they chose. But he appeared because Toaster reached (20) or more.

Well, duh. The discovery of that brief thread title as what piecewise mentioned is...kinda underwhelming.

Well, that and a bit of other foreshadowing.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: January 11, 2013, 10:33:19 pm »

Good fight.  May the last of the Founding Eight rest in peace.

That's a nice trick of a spell.  Hope Mr. Null doesn't mind me waiting until I have a fuller pool, because damned if I can find the pool recharging spell I want.

Speaking of Null, +2 Str, +2 Will, +3 Pot, +1 Pool.

Thrakor lets loose a maniacal laugh as the power flows into him.  Hearing the commotion below, he watches the proceedings.  So... this is what it's all about?

Go and collect the Thunderball.  Observe and study Null.

Were you planning this from the start?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1270 on: January 12, 2013, 01:06:17 am »

Think. Come on, of all the words I've used, I should know something... able to get through metal...

Damn, I need one more pool for both my plans... Well, can't say this isn't damn good protection. I just wish we had some light.
"Not that we need any... of course..."
You sit, or more accurately lay, and think.

Dammit, Onyx, you shoulda let me mercy-kill you when I had the chance...

Grovel at Thrakor, and Null, too.
You bow at Null, then Thrakor, then Null again, then Thrakor again. Neither seem to notice.

((Right. I have six power and one point of magic in a room full of people who can shoot giant lazer beams and what looks like fifty words.

I have one, and it's on my other computer.

Hopefully I don't just die in two turns again, because I am basically fucked.

*Thinks*

Can I make an entire action a PM?))

(Just make sure to always still make a post even if it just says "Do magical thing." Simply for the sake of me remembering you sent me an action.)

You walk up to Talos, who is maybe 20 feet away, and shout a word at him.
[pot:3+2]
[talos dex:5+1]

Talos leaps out of the way as a big ol' lump of rubber appears right where he used to be. Unfortunately for him he leaps right straight into one of the stone pillars.
[talos end:2-1]
And breaks his goddamn arm.

Say word, do not wait for materialization JUST RUN

[pot:1+1]
As you run back to the stairwell two tiny bits of material drop to the ground in front of where you used to be standing: A tiny lump of magnet and a tiny lump of flesh.

Good fight.  May the last of the Founding Eight rest in peace.

That's a nice trick of a spell.  Hope Mr. Null doesn't mind me waiting until I have a fuller pool, because damned if I can find the pool recharging spell I want.

Speaking of Null, +2 Str, +2 Will, +3 Pot, +1 Pool.

Thrakor lets loose a maniacal laugh as the power flows into him.  Hearing the commotion below, he watches the proceedings.  So... this is what it's all about?

Go and collect the Thunderball.  Observe and study Null.

Were you planning this from the start?

You fly down to the fourth floor and stop the thunderball from rolling off the edge with your staff. You can't pick it up though, because you only have the one lightning hand and that one is holding the staff.

You look down at Null. You can't see hardly anything of him, he's completely covered except for his eyes and ends of his fingers. Wonder why that is?  Regardless, that sword he has looks pretty nasty and if it took 20 kills to bring him here, then he has to be pretty tough.

(Pretty much. Not from the VERY beginning, but maybe a week in or so. I didn't do much world building at first just in case this thing didn't go anywhere. By the way, Null there is using the same system you are, he doesn't have anything you or anyone else couldn't have.)

((Found it. Most certainly did not notice that before, fascinating.

Of course, now we already know what that something is, so a bit late.))

Words and Will.

[will:3-1]
The bear grumbles but doesn't move.

[pot:2+1]

A mark appears on your leg and instantly activates, transforming your flesh into...flesh. In all, nothing happens.

Tamara Volk:Tsuchigumo550: Pool:3/4 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.Left hand gone.)[first floor, north stairs, hiding in cloth]

Phil(2):Greatwyrmgold: pool:2/2 [obsidian left arm, hand blown up.][second floor, bottom of south stairs]

Grin:Ironyowl: Pool: 3/5 (Left leg broken)[First floor, north stairs. Hidden in cloth.]

Derm:Derm:Pool:1/1 [fourth floor, North Area]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:2/4 (Body of living steel)[fourth floor, south stairs area.]

Thrakor(22):Toaster: Pool:2/5 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity. Crystal-lightning staff. Torso marked.)[fourth floor, west side]

Javier:Javier: Pool:1/3 [first floor, west stairs.]

Talos: Spinaltaper: Pool:3/4 (left arm broken) [Fourth level, north section.]

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: January 12, 2013, 01:07:51 am »

"Oh yeah, right."

Use the staff to tell the thunderball to get back in its orbit.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spinal_Taper

• Bay Watcher
  • The sparkles are because I'm fabulous, of course.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: January 12, 2013, 01:09:41 am »

Recall what the madman said. Run.
Spoiler: Known Words (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: January 12, 2013, 01:17:42 am »

Did I regain my mana back or is that an oversight?

Do the possibly magical thing that I will send you after question has been answered.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: January 12, 2013, 01:29:17 am »

((Shit. Healing may be more complicated than I thought.))
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 435