Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961915 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing: Null
« Reply #1545 on: January 14, 2013, 11:24:11 pm »

((I'm more concerned about if you succeed and your attack makes him lose control of it.

Also I just realized hacking off the top of... you know, I should officially just name him Wang. Anyway, I knew the amputation would be bad for me, but I just realized it might be unpleasant for Wang also.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1546 on: January 15, 2013, 12:10:00 am »

((Why amputate? Gain control of the dude and ride him around. While still attached.))
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 12:31:29 am by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: January 15, 2013, 12:13:30 am »

Why amputate? Gain control of the dude and ride him around. While still attached.
((Yes. You have the steel staff, so ride Wang. Or have Wang ride the flying steel bear, and then ride Wang.))
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: January 15, 2013, 01:09:12 am »

Why amputate? Gain control of the dude and ride him around. While still attached.
((Yes. You have the steel staff, so ride Wang. Or have Wang ride the flying steel bear, and then ride Wang.))

BEAR CAVALRY CAVALRY
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: January 15, 2013, 09:29:12 am »

Well I think I am dead. Powerful people attacking me. Might as well go out with a bang. Zentol Garstopit!

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1550 on: January 15, 2013, 01:09:10 pm »

"Gah! What happened?"

Realize that I am on a hovering hockey puck and that there is some people right under it. But before I do something rash I'm going to stop the potential weapon thing from paper cutting me to death. Either "Prathel" or "Zentol" should give me water. The other one will give me the darkness. Say "Prathel" and hope that it will drench the paper enough so I can grab the bloody thing. If it is the darkness say "Zentol" and then grab it.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: January 15, 2013, 03:22:19 pm »

(Too bad none of those mean darkness.....)
(Zentol means void, abomination, or demonic)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #1552 on: January 15, 2013, 03:40:06 pm »

((Yeah, I know, I usually use darkness as a catch-'em-all term for what you just described and not just for darkness itself. After all, I've used it.))

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Onyxjew944

• Bay Watcher
  • Fear no man, and trust no wizard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: January 15, 2013, 03:41:57 pm »

((Just as I tend to say 'Evil' or 'Demon', no one is really sure what some of these things are. Take garstopit for instance, some call it 'poison', others 'disease', 'plague', 'sickness', 'green-death-tentacle', etc.))
Greater Collection
Quote from: Steel Resolve
I shall be ready! My head is full of disturbing but useful information. And all it cost me was my peace of mind and sanity. A bargain!
They told me to aim higher, so we dug deeper.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: January 15, 2013, 03:49:06 pm »

PW has called it toxin, which I think is a pretty good definition.

I have Zentol listed as the Hell word.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #1555 on: January 15, 2013, 04:23:21 pm »

zentol is "Eldritch Darkness" as far as I'm concerned.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: January 15, 2013, 04:39:17 pm »

...Shall I sig?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: January 15, 2013, 06:15:56 pm »

I thought that zentol would make something like a black hole. I think this was somewhere earlier. And to let loose whatever the hell is in garstopit. Reality ripping into a plane of hell filled with tentacles that turn people into ash at the touch seems to be a good way to kill someone.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #1558 on: January 15, 2013, 06:47:37 pm »

((Ah, I see. Also that's great news, I thought I was gonna have to amputate at the hip...))

Try to peek down hole.

You can't see anything past the strange golden magic circle covering the hole. It's not that the circle itself is stopping you from seeing whats in there, it just doesn't look like there's anything beyond it: it's just a black void.

I had a what?

Try to activate mark thingy?

Your left arm turns into a swirling mass of pure arcane energy. The bleeding stops as well. Helpful.

Plan deux!
Get in range of Some Nut and Steve, point magic blood staff at Some Nut, and force Some Nut to bleed profusely from the eyes in an attempt to blind Steve and get him off Some Nut.

Afterwards, steal the kill by stopping Some Nut's heart.
finish killing him, if thetes a rock handy let go of his neck with one hand and bash his head in with it.
Well I think I am dead. Powerful people attacking me. Might as well go out with a bang. Zentol Garstopit!
[tamara dex:2]
[Some dex:4-1]
[steve dex:4+2]

[steve str:6]
[some end:3]

Steve just keeps smashing and strangling and kneeing and flailing, screaming with blood lust until finally the flesh he's beating crumbles into ash.

[Some Nut has died. Steve gains a point]

Tamara just kind of stands around, her plans ruined and her heart broken.

"Gah! What happened?"

Realize that I am on a hovering hockey puck and that there is some people right under it. But before I do something rash I'm going to stop the potential weapon thing from paper cutting me to death. Either "Prathel" or "Zentol" should give me water. The other one will give me the darkness. Say "Prathel" and hope that it will drench the paper enough so I can grab the bloody thing. If it is the darkness say "Zentol" and then grab it.

[pot:4-1]

About a bucket's worth of water slashes on the weapon and pretty much dissolves the paper aura around it. The revealed weapon is a great silver ax in the shape of a bat's wing that seems to glow and crackle with arcane power. You ignore that fact and run right over and grab it. The instant you get hold of it spikes of arcane energy stab up through your hand, piercing it dozen times, tearing it apart.
[end:5-1]

"OH GODOH MOTHERFUCKER OH WHAT THE FLIPPING GUTTER SNIPPITS!"

You hold whats left of your hand and scream like a person who is holding the blood spurting remains of their own hand.

Well, let's think.  He's got 40 points to spread around, but we can intuit some of them.  We can assume he is minmaxed and has no stats not divisible by three.  Since he has +3 to will and pot and +2 to dex, we can assume he has 9 in the former two and 6 in the latter.

Strength: ?
Endurance: ?
Dexterity: 6
Potency: 9
Will: 9
Channeling: ?

That's 24 points right there, with 16 to spend.  If I had to guess, I'd say he has 3 str and 6 end, with the remaining 7 in channelling.  Saying that he's spent zero pool yet is scary, of course, but we can assume he had some stored tricks up his huge sleeves.

I say let's test out his str stat.

"Oh lookee you, all stone-chucky and stuff.  Compensating for something?"

ATTACK THAT IDIOT YOU SUMBITCH ELECTRIC DEATHCLOUD.  Will that while charging him and attempting to whack him with the tazer end of my staff.

[dex:2+2]
[null dex:6+2]
[Null will:6+3]
The center platform shutters as cracks begin tearing their way through it and small chunks start breaking off and hurling themselves at you.
[dex:5+2]
[end:1+1]
You catch one of the stones to your left arm and the bone snaps like a twig and your flesh instantly goes red from the shattered muscle and blood vessels beneath. You stumble, spun by the blow, and make a run for the stairs.
[dex:2+2]
[end:4+1]
Another stone catches you in the ribs and glances off, drawing blood and a nasty bruise. You keep running.
[dex:6+2]
The last stone clips your leg, scraping your knee as you leap into the stairwell and hide inside it. From the cover of the stairs you try and command your Electric buddy to attack.
[will:4+1]
The electric beastie suddenly seems to understand you and immediately charges toward null.
[null will:4+3]
[electro str:1]

As it charges Null looks over his shoulder at it and you could swear you see light coming out from under his head wrapping. The living electric thing is suddenly plucked up into the air as though by an invisible hand and hurled across the arena and into the second story wall. It hits the wall and lands, seemingly unhurt.

BOBO THE BEAR APPEARS ON THE FOURTH FLOOR, NEAR THE SOUTH STAIRS.

Tamara Volk:Tsuchigumo550: Pool:4/4 (broken bone bow. Slightl glowing fungus kneepads.Left hand gone.)[first floor, north stairs, hiding in cloth]

Phil(2):Greatwyrmgold: pool:2/2 [obsidian left arm, hand blown up.][first floor, north area]

Grin(4):Ironyowl: Pool: 3/5 (Left leg is a man)[First floor, center]

Balmora:Kinesen:Pool: 4/8 (Right hand mangled.)[third floor, center platform]

Susan(2): satan: Pool:2/4 (Body of living steel)[fourth floor, south stairs area.]

Thrakor(22):Toaster: Pool:3/5 (Bone deep gash in left upper arm. Bandaged but Left arm useless.Right hand made of electricity. Crystal-lightning staff. Torso marked.)[First floor, west side]

Bobo:akingsquest: Pool:0/0 [Fourth floor, south stairs]

(2)Steve:Unholy pariah: Pool:0/0 [second floor, south stairs]

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: January 15, 2013, 06:48:56 pm »

Head south a bit.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 ... 102 103 [104] 105 106 ... 435