Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961895 times)

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4305 on: April 20, 2013, 04:07:59 am »

"Ohh, pretty..."

Kin makes a new circle, A16, B2, and test if placing his new green hat in this new one would enhance it further. Activate the circle.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: April 20, 2013, 04:32:51 am »

"Hehe..."
Deactivate the goat-circle and draw PMcircle.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: April 20, 2013, 04:36:09 am »

Spoiler: app (click to show/hide)
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4308 on: April 20, 2013, 06:19:07 am »

((I'm considering team Bismuth right now, while my tongue is deactivate. If anyone from Team Aether fixes it first, I'd happily join you instead.))
((You know you can just kill yourself and respawn, right? Oh well, I can help you if you really don't want to kill yourself. I helped Toaster with his lack of body problems, I can help you with your lack of tongue control problems.))
"My meta senses are tingling... Scientist in danger! Doctor Octogonapus to the rescue!"
Go where flabort is (the temple I think), touch his tongue and say "Dorbaelo Ssathshalssall Karenthar" and activate the mark. Then do PM experiments.

@PyroDesu: I also think the death stuff are important enough to know:
Ok here is how death will work from now on:

If you die:
you lose all your inventory (minus the book)
Half your acquired points (Rounded up. You have to remove that many points from whatever skills you want)
One level of favor with your god (if applicable.)
You respawn back in the temple
Your Corruption level does not change

There are two caveats to this:
Dying to a player, since they steal your soul and the souls you've acquired
Reaching 8/8 Corruption, because other things happen.

If you lose by one of those two special cases, your character is considered lost forever.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 02:07:13 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: April 20, 2013, 08:27:43 am »

What's so punny about "Bearliance"?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: April 20, 2013, 09:01:42 am »

If flabort is somewhere nearby, touch him and say "Dorbaelo Ssathshalssall Karenthar" and activate the mark. Then do PM experiments.

He's in front of the spawn temple, and you're in the village.  You can't get to him without risking monster spawns.

Also, I think you only need to say Dorbaelo Ssathshalssal.  That'll just make a null-tatoo that does nothing.

What's so punny about "Bearliance"?

...Aside from it being a combination of "bear" and "alliance"?  Not much.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: April 20, 2013, 09:16:59 am »

More of a portmanteau than a pun, then.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: April 20, 2013, 11:24:10 am »

((Yeah, I know OOC that I can suicide respawn. I want to die by mistake at least once before doing it to myself))
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4313 on: April 20, 2013, 04:51:23 pm »

"Hey lady, what do you know about this forest?"

Inquire.  If she doesn't respond, just keep going, making right turns, until something aggros me.  Rothon Shael.

Oh hey, you played Hellmoo?  That doesn't surprise me in the least.

Too bad I didn't know you were running or I totally would have logged in just to vote for you.

She speaks, but doesn't look at you.

"It is deep. And old. The ruins of the civilization past still stand, moss covered. It's animals have grown strange and wild, and death and life are exaggerated. "

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I was Tetsuo, because what else you gonna call a psychic?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Full story and log of the carpet bombing of FC: http://pastebin.com/hv6pTNvp

Ok, I think posts are getting eaten.
As I appear to have another soul, put it in channeling. Walk down to the village. If the soul works, say Adamenstiar Shorbitael Harialltontal. Focus on my breastplate for the spell. If the extra soul is not available, say Cainthalsaz Harialltontal focusing on my sword.

You head on down to the village homes and spell up some spells.
[pot:2+1]
Well, an aura appears around you but then fades away.

Walk down the path and past the village, heading due West. If I come to an obstacle I cannot walk past or over, fly. Also words.

"I've been 'ere too many times fer me own good..."
You make it down to the sea intersection and come across a man wielding a pitchfork.

"You again?"

Ooh...confirmation?

Do the same, but switch the runes.
[pot:5]
Your new circle produces the same thing, a crystalline plant, or a planty crystal, which ever you want to see it as.

It's lookin' good.

Metal control staff. Weld his gun shut. Follow through with a bullet to the head.
[spd:6]
[rivet spd:4]
[will:4]
You don't manage to weld it shut, but you bend the barrel enough to make it either extremely inaccurate or even completely inoperable.
[Rivet dex:2]
The riveter takes a wild swing at you with his damaged weapon, trying to bludgeon and burn you. You sidestep and take point blank aim.

[dex:1]
[end:6]
And proceed to shoot yourself right in the goddamn foot.

"That would hurt if I weren't a robot."

Hmmmm. Try to learn as much as I can and write down the writing. Even though I can't read it currently. Maybe later I can find a translation book or something similar.
You scribble down the cuneiform but as per learning anything else, unless you've got some sort of special idea how to do that or what you want to examine about the stones, there's not much else for you to learn by just staring at them.

((Hurrah, I finally killed something.))
Put the point into Channeling
Grab my walking-stick with both hands and say "Dorbaelo Hobitaeaod Hath-caon", if it works, repair myself.
[pot:1]
The staff explodes into rubber shavings. Goddamnit.

Give up on ambushing Derm

Keep investigating shipyard
Cainthalsaz Shaazeshelial Kallth

In what direction? There's a dock that leads to a ship, several buildings off on the side and a giant crater over  toward the west.

[pot:6+1]
And your spell doesn't seem to activate. It must be malformed, or being used incorrectly.

You skipped my turn again...

Will my fungus bomber Thallids to take root and become fungus landmines. Then relinquish control of them and will a new Thallid to form, this one with a rack of fungus missiles.
Nah, It got eaten along with like 2/3rds of the damn post for some reason.  Basically all it talked about was how minions can't get far from their controllers, otherwise they revert to inert substances. So your landmines here won't last long unless you're standing near them. Within a few spaces, at least.
[Will:4+2]
Your little mushroom men bury themselves before you relinquish control of them.
[will:3+2]
You summon a new fungus man, this one with giant fungi rocket pod things on his shoulders.

Say words, hold the result.  Then try to raise the raiders as a zombie horde. (Like Angle's mushrooms)  If I can't add the midget to the horde, relinquish control or squish it's head with my mind.

Wonder if a zombie horde is actually better in combat than a zombie midget.

If I can't raise corpses with necromancy, make the midget grow larger, then have it loot the raiders for equipment.  Stuff the rest of the loot(including corpses, if possible) into my meta-backpack for later resale.

Finally, search the raider tents for even more loot.

Try again!
I remember this post, you got your ring but failed the will roll.
[will:6]
You raise the raider heavy to do your bidding.

The raider tents, I'm not sure if it was your post that said this or another one, contain entirely mundane stuff, swords and armor and things. Nothing that you can really sell, since it's easily made using two words of magic.

Ozzy grabs the best bracers, shin guards and a nice helmet from the pieces scattered about but before he puts any of that on he realizes that he's still wearing the rags he started with.  He finds the least bloody pair of clothing he can find and attires himself with boots, pants and a shirt before armoring up.   He then straps on a long sword to his waist and tries to summon up a breastplate more fitting to his new form.

"Shareeb Donbel"

If it works he puts the last piece of armor on if not, he will go without a breastplate for now.  He arms himself with a longsword, strapping it to his waist and a shield to his back if he can find any cord to keep it secure.  Last but not least he hefts a pair of mining picks in his upper arms and depart the raider camp in search of something to carve up for his patron deity.

[pot:2]
You gear yourself up to the teeth and then  stroke your chin while thinking about which way to go. North towards the fields and what looks  like an encampment or fort some distance away, or west toward the forest.

Hmmm...  i didnt think my spell was that malformed... oh well there are other ways of giving a bull arms.

grab the arms and do stuff, move as necessary .
Remember that word order can have an effect. You get mechanical arms with bull heads with one arrangement, but a mechanical bull with arms with another. Think of the words as a sentence.

You run to the shipyard dead end and are about to say your words when something...odd wanders in. It's a giant gray sea-horse, about five feet tall and hovering a few inches above the ground. It looks normal enough, save for its size, bulbous silvery compound eyes and puckered mouth full of yellowing human teeth. It floats there, unmoving, before slowly pivoting to face both you and javier.

"weiislsh! Sisndia dajbs..."
Milo shuts his mouth, realizing no-ones coming to aid. He reads parts of the book again, realizing that there's no use saying anything outloud for now. When he reaches the page introducing runes, realization finally sinks in: while the words may form a language, it is primarily for magic. Shaking his head at the pages of runes, largely free of the chaotic notes over the other pages, he finds a stick or discarded piece of material, and scratches into the ground "Help, I need my tongue disenchanted!". He then writes it a few more times, and sits in the middle of all his markings, waving his arms at anyone who passes nearby.

Once his pleas for help are written, he tries his hand at a few runes.
(PM)

((I'm considering team Bismuth right now, while my tongue is deactivate. If anyone from Team Aether fixes it first, I'd happily join you instead.))
After quite literally spelling out your distress, you do some rune-ing.
[pot:6+2]

The area around you, both inside and outside the circle for a good 15 feet in any direction immediately sprouts dozens of altars made of electricity. This proves very hard to survive.

You reappear back at the spawn. Well, at least the tattoo is gone now.

Hm.... I guess all my luck is used up at the moment.... Well trying again won't hurt.

"Hang in there buddy.... Idk who you are or why I'm getting you to talk.... but I'm gonna get you to be able to talk... one way or another! In the mean time, your gonna be my mount!"

Test out my new sword. Swing it around (not at anything particular) and see if it does anything. If that does nothing, then try to use the power of willpower and see if that does anything.

Hop on top of the bear. While touching it say "Dorbaelo Halthel". Successful or not, urge the bear to head for the forest!
You swing your sword around. It doesn't seem to do anything strange when just being swung around at nothing, nor does it seem to respond to will. You shrug.

[pot:5+1]
Your spell doesn't work! The mark fails to form! BUT You're riding a bear, so who gives a shit, right?

ROAR IN APPROVAL, AND CHARGE INTO FOREST WITH NEW RIDER.
You charge all the way down to the three heads.
[dex:3-1]
And immediately step on one of the newly laid landmines
[end:4-1]
You lose your right front leg in the explosion and Super gets hurled off your back but isn't injured. Angle, on the other hand, is standing in a tightly packed minefield next to a mushroom man covered in explosive ordinance.
[angle end:4]
His armor protects him from the great brunt of the blast generated by every mine and missile going off at once, but he's still hurled at least two dozen feet down the path, breaking his leg, burning his hands and face and concussing himself in the process. His armor and minions are quite literally in pieces.

Zeran'tal  was behind the three heads when it happened and as such escapes uninjured, though temporarily deafened by the blast.

"Could you, like, not do that again?"

((Some intro would be nice. I only know a little bit about what's going on vice Toaster. I don't need the magic system explained or anything, just want to know where I am and what's around me, really.

Also, this thing moves FAST. I don't think I've ever had quite so many new replies in such a short time period.))
(Tell me about it. )
Well, you are in the spawn room, basically a large square room with a magic circle in the center and 8 mummified monks arrayed around it. There's only one door, and it leads out to a hallway with 8 doors, 4 on each side.

DUCK AND COVER! Get down on the ground and stay there until murder is over, or not gonna happen.
You hide from the exposition.

"Hm... I do quite become frustrated with the randomness of magic. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Controlling things with my mind is much simpler." Glassco sighs as he tries once again the spell.

[Also, you accidentally gave me a +1 to my Pot roll. Although I'm not sure if trying this simple spell has any vast repercussions for rolling a one.]
AH, you don't have a +1. Most people do so sometimes I might do that without thinking.

[pot:6]
You make sure you're nearer to sparky then to John when you say the word and indeed sparky does sparkle.

((Some intro would be nice. I only know a little bit about what's going on vice Toaster. I don't need the magic system explained or anything, just want to know where I am and what's around me, really.

Also, this thing moves FAST. I don't think I've ever had quite so many new replies in such a short time period.))
((There are also two rival factions that are, supposedly, unfriendly towards each other though that doesn't really mean anything considering that both factions have a decentralized command system so neither of them will be doing any large scale infringement of their counterparts.))

((PW: Does the rubber armor cover the user's hands?))
Silica says <Words>
The rubber armor would cover your hands, if it was anywhere big enough to be used. Or had the right number of fingers, now that you look at it.

[pot:1+2]
Yeah...about that....It sort of appears and then fizzles out.

"Yay the first member of my army"
Words, then give skeleton the product of words.
[pot:4+1]

You summon up a nice magma-stone bow for your skeleton.
[pot:3+1]

The word creates the image of a beetle or insect of some sort.

"~Ah-there's-an-idea.~"

More words.

[pot:1+1]
No there is not.

"Agreed. Magic can be annoyingly chaotic sometimes. One minute you can be making a boring spear, the next, you create the best spear known to man and then it flies off. We'll find you some day Speararm. Just you wait. We'll find you."

Once again I touch the ink, and say "Dorbaelo Caltalleth".
[pot:4+1]
Hey, it works this time! Yay that!

"Right, let's try this."

Draw the same circle and runes, but put a ball of flesh into the centre before activating it. Observe what happens.
[pot:3+1]
The runes burn away again and the flesh is unchanged. Hmm.

"Ohh, pretty..."

Kin makes a new circle, A16, B2, and test if placing his new green hat in this new one would enhance it further. Activate the circle.
[pot:4]
The hat becomes shimmery and blue, crystallizing and hardening into sharp edges and sides.

"Hehe..."
Deactivate the goat-circle and draw PMcircle.
You deactivate the circle and the goats vanish. That was weird.
[pot:5+1]
The runes burn away and the man is unchanged. Hmm.

Spoiler: app (click to show/hide)
Got it. You know about the spawn and everything?

((You know you can just kill yourself and respawn, right? Oh well, I can help you if you really don't want to kill yourself. I helped Toaster with his lack of body problems, I can help you with your lack of tongue control problems.))
"My meta senses are tingling... Scientist in danger! Doctor Octogonapus to the rescue!"
Go where flabort is (the temple I think), touch his tongue and say "Dorbaelo Ssathshalssall Karenthar" and activate the mark. Then do PM experiments.

@PyroDesu: I also think the death stuff are important enough to know:
Ok here is how death will work from now on:

If you die:
you lose all your inventory (minus the book)
Half your acquired points (Rounded up. You have to remove that many points from whatever skills you want)
One level of favor with your god (if applicable.)
You respawn back in the temple
Your Corruption level does not change

There are two caveats to this:
Dying to a player, since they steal your soul and the souls you've acquired
Reaching 8/8 Corruption, because other things happen.

If you lose by one of those two special cases, your character is considered lost forever.
His problem seems to have worked itself out.

[pot:6+1]

You summon a giant clockwork bear that starts screaming questions about what it is and why everything is so cold.

And Stonecod's
[pot:6]
The circle absorbs the power needed to activate but remains dormant for some reason.

Statuses
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: April 20, 2013, 04:58:17 pm »

Ah, screw it. Run down to village, then see where I can go from there. Or at least where interesting creatures to murder might be found.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: April 20, 2013, 05:00:23 pm »

My sword, my opponents internals, make it so.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Vakothu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: April 20, 2013, 05:05:19 pm »

"Well, at least it didn't hurt me"
Say "Shareeb Taaelth Baltaellsheral"

Saurinae

• Bay Watcher
  • Kobold Sympathizer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: April 20, 2013, 05:07:16 pm »

Well unless any of you new people(to this location) try to kill me we won't have a problem
say "Hathic Prathoal" and if the result doesn't destroy me. Pick it up.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 06:23:18 pm by Saurinae »
Nevermind the disturbingly knowing look that kobold has on her face. That dwarf SHOULD be embarrased!

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4318 on: April 20, 2013, 05:19:15 pm »

"You're a robot bear. Now be quiet and let me work. I'm going to make you some company. Oh, and while you're at it, try saying Zorhalth."

See if my bear can do magic. Summon a second bear and see what's different between this one and the previous one. Then try another experiment.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 05:52:26 pm by Parisbre56 »

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4319 on: April 20, 2013, 05:28:28 pm »

hmm. That's not true for all the things I make though- those mushroom I summoned in the first place didn't disappear. Can I make my landmines stick around by removing their intelligence, thus making them essentially glorified mushrooms?

Also I think you forgot to update my ability Usages - It's been at 16 for a couple turns now.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2013, 10:56:10 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 435