Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 958622 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4365 on: April 22, 2013, 06:54:06 pm »

RED vs BLU vs BEAR.
Bear gets for letters because fuck you they're bears
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4366 on: April 22, 2013, 06:54:48 pm »

It was more a reference to the event than an actual group name. Myc-Because mushroom, Ordinance-Because explosives, Assault-Because attacking another player, 4313-Because that's the post number. I thought it might be fun to make up names for events like political entities do, substituting post number for year date.

I started the color debate because of boredom and people were talking about pokemon which usually has a precedence for colors or precious metals as names. So in short, I blame pokemon.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #4367 on: April 22, 2013, 07:36:03 pm »

If it's due to a parallel to pokemon, then Bismuth is more closely related to boiling rocks/metals, so Magma Red is a better color for Team Bismuth. Aether is a flowing, liquid/gaseous thing, as fluid as water, so Aquatic Blue is better for Team Aether.

But if Pokemon Games in the future go back to that pattern (Instead of X/Y like Gen 6 is going to be), then Bismuth would be a cool precious metal name for a game. What would go well with it though? Aether doesn't work so well for that. Unless it does.

Actually, this is going to seem way off topic/derail, so I'm going to spoiler it:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4369 on: April 22, 2013, 08:52:25 pm »

((Should we just get PW to determine team colors via dice rolls?))
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4370 on: April 22, 2013, 08:56:34 pm »

((Should we just get PW to determine team colors via dice rolls?))

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, 08:59:31 pm by Angle »

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4371 on: April 22, 2013, 08:59:26 pm »

[Eh, that could lead to some weird inconsistencies, picking them sounds better. While we're at it, a symbol too. 'Cause why not?]

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #4372 on: April 22, 2013, 09:03:48 pm »

Well the bearliance symbol has to be a bear
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4373 on: April 22, 2013, 09:28:45 pm »

Aether's symbol should be related to the old arena somehow.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4374 on: April 22, 2013, 09:30:26 pm »

Can't give any suggestions there, never caught up with the thread... Hm... Boozeplant? Null? Blackholes? Those are the most notable things I've heard to come out of it.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4375 on: April 22, 2013, 10:02:11 pm »

i dunno about a team symbol but im thinking of making a coat of arms for my character...

maybe a watcher with a pair of bladed spine whip arms in a burning forest...
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #4376 on: April 22, 2013, 10:20:23 pm »

Here we go! I took the liberty of making up a symbol for the Bearliance in all it's MS Paint glory. Too lazy to make it in Photoshop lol.

"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4377 on: April 22, 2013, 11:27:22 pm »

Aether's symbol should be related to the old arena somehow.
How about a man being Garstopit'd

Ah, screw it. Run down to village, then see where I can go from there. Or at least where interesting creatures to murder might be found.
You wander down to the village center and look around. From what you can see, there are three paths leading out of this place; A path from the raider camp leading north, a path from a little bit farther down in the village leading toward the south, and a path straight down the mountain past the camp and into the forest.

My sword, my opponents internals, make it so.
[spd:5]
[Rivet spd:2]
[str:2+3]
[dex:4]

You take a hard swing at the metal man and hit him right in the chest. Unsurprisingly, chainsaws don't have that much of an effect on men made of solid metal, even if you swing real hard.

[Rivet dex:6]
[rivet str:2]

The Riveter takes a swing at you but it glances off your shoulder.

"Well, at least it didn't hurt me"
Say "Shareeb Taaelth Baltaellsheral"

[pot:1]
[end:2]
Both your arms turn into inert lumps of steel.

"This is not my day."

Well unless any of you new people(to this location) try to kill me we won't have a problem
say "Hathic Prathoal" and if the result doesn't destroy me. Pick it up.

[pot:3]
You make the tiniest little hammer. It's so cute and worthless.

"You're a robot bear. Now be quiet and let me work. I'm going to make you some company. Oh, and while you're at it, try saying Zorhalth."

See if my bear can do magic. Summon a second bear and see what's different between this one and the previous one. Then try another experiment.
"I can't use magic. Wait, how do I know I can't use magic? How did you get me here? I was...on fire..."

[pot:2+1]
The difference is that this one doesn't work.

[pot:4+1]
This circle goes down fine and activates but the rune burns away and nothing happens.

[pot:4-1]
This circle activates and the rune stays in place, but it doesn't seem to do anything.

Gold.

Glassco cheered as he saw Sparky sparkle. "Hurrah! It worked! Now to give him a tattoo to prove he... she... It, that it is mine!" Glassco makes some exaggerated gestures, having fun with it obviously, as he says his two words. "Hey John, you wanna upgrade the bowl/ship while we're down here? If you get me something that can control stone, I think I can make it into whatever we want. Something more dignified than a bowl, now that we have more time and experience. Maybe a... Carriage? I don't know, just something that has a proper chair, that's for sure."

(By the way, thanks for amending later actions into these posts. Makes things easier. )

[pot:5]

Sparky grows even larger, from the size of a van to the size of a tank.

You take a look around

The beach isn't much more than a thin line of grayish yellow sand running along a bare stone coastline. Bits of metal debris, bolts and broken glass, rust coated rivets and corroded plates of steel lie half buried in the sand. The only sound you can hear is the gentle lapping of waves. The sea fog that rolls off the dark waters and clings to the stones and sand gives the place an unshakable air of unreality and a pervasive smell of salt and brine. It is a beach where things primordial might emerge from the waters and slither, unseen, into the dark places of the earth.

Off to one side of the beach, set into a wall of water worn stone, is the mouth of a cave. In front of you the sea churns quietly, white foam and dark greenish surf hissing over the sand. And the beach continues on toward the east, following the sea toward a distant marshland on the horizon. And of course to the west is what looks like a ruined shipyard, and back north is the path to the village.

"I don think ay'm likin' yer tone, ser. I dinnae think we've met 'fore now..."

Zorhalth, Zorhalth, Zorhalth.

"I wouldna let a snotty brat like you have a chance at seein' me again."
[Spd:1]
[Pitch spd:3]
[pitch dex:1]
He proceeds to stab himself in the face with his own pitchfork and die.

"Welp."

[pot:1(4)+1, 3+1,6+1]
Flame on, bro guy.

Shaazeshelial Clo-Caltel Cainthalsaz
Stab the creature dead!

well shit... murder the foul creature, with words and bow.
[javier spd:2]
[unholy spd:3+1]
[SP spd:6+1]
[SP will:5+2]
[Javier will:4-1]
[unholy will:3-1]
The Creature stares at you both for several seconds before it begins clicking and chattering it's teeth at high speeds. You both immediately feel strange and then pass out.

You wake up a few minutes later, unhurt but seemingly missing something.

((Can I have an explaination why the mark didn't work?))

Damn! Sure glad I was riding a bear.... but now.... maybe I should do what people do when horses get badly injuried like in the cowboy movies! I'd be a cowboy with a bear! That I had to put down! Badass! Er.... wait.... I used to be badass since I won't have the bear anymore.... but first before I put this fella out of his misery, these two probably set the explosives. So I'm gonna avenge my bear.... who I'll put down later since bears can't survive missing a limb.... I think.

"Hey you two! What'd you do to my bear!? Whoever did it is gonna pay! Also neither of you better use any magic words!" Ah.... I think I'm gonna love no longer being chained down by my "No Kill People" rule.

Point my crossbow at the two men and switch pointing at them every so often. If any of them make a move or action without explaining what the hell happened, shoot them, whether they are running or coming toward me. Also if they say any magic words, shoot them too since I'm considering that an act of aggression. If I end up shooting one but the other moves or says magic stuff, rush them with my new sword!

((My character has no idea what happened except something exploded. There is one guy hiding behind some rocks and just happened to be uninjured while theres another guy who might just been stupid enough to mess with active explosives with in arms reach. Either one looks like they could've set them off.))
(It just didn't. Putting a mark with a form in it on someone doesn't cause them to transform into that form.)
Neither of them seem to be in any hurry to murder you.

"Okay, I'll try making some sort of stone controlling crown or helmet. I can't making any promises about if it will work or not though. Taroth Hobitaeaod Gonteli."

I'll also clean out the bowl by removing the cloth and, if necessary, activating the mark in the ink.

"I wonder, do you think we could transform the entire sea? I mean we can make marks on liquids and I haven't seen any size limits to spells."
[pot:6]
You make yourself a nice stone controlling helmet, for all your stone controlling needs.

Head north towards the encampment, holding my mining pickaxes as the ready in case anything jumps out at me.

Whistles words while I walk.

The path widens into a what could charitably be called a road, though it's barely large enough for even a small cart, and continues down toward the north. You wind your way down, across the face of the mountain and into a rocky badlands of bare hills and yellowed grass at the foot of the mountain. In the distance you can see something sitting off by the side of the road, and beyond that, far on the horizon, is some some sort of waycastle or outpost.

Occasionally, along the road, you find bodies. They're dressed like the people from the village.

[pot:5,4]
Image of a body, as in a torso without limbs or head.
Image of a shield.

Adrian slowly gets up, one hand on his head, the other clutching a book that wasn't there before.

Where th' hell am I?

Take a look around and exit the spawn room.
The room you're in appears to be a simple, but well maintained room with yellow walls and red supporting pillars. In it's center is a large, constantly shifting magic circle, the center of which you now occupy. At even intervals around the circle are 8 men in yellow robes. They're dead and mummified by the look of it, but remain in meditative poses around the circle.

You step out of the circle and out of the room into the hall beyond. This hall is much like the room before it, yellow walls and red pillars, with tall windows on either side and a series of 8 doors, 4 on each side. On the far end of the room is a spiral staircase that leads both up and down.

"... ... ... Owch. ... Hey, my tongue's working again!"
After a moment, Milo also says "I am Thor Odinson, Hahahah," but the moment has lost it's meaning.
Skip and dance back to the temple grounds, avoid the area with the altars if it's still there (try to disable the mark with will if possible), and say "Zorhaltoran Thaltelsho Garhantel".
(nah, circles vanish when their creator dies.)

[pot:2+2]
You make a cylinder out of what looks like a strange, sandy nothingness.
[str:2]
It immediately sucks you in and kills you.

I sense a pattern forming.

"Ok"
Say words then give it and the bow to skeleton

Yeah, that didn't work.

Image of tendrils or tentacles.
Image of a torso.

"Uh... thanks!  See ya!"

Thrakor glanced over his shoulder as he heard explosions further up the path.  Yeah, forest.

Deep into the forest until something aggros me, taking rights at forks.  Rothon Shael it.

Ah.  You must have played before me (I didn't really play all that long.)
(Yeah, I played a while ago. Never got that far into it. Always played as a brainy guy making things. Built ourselves a few planes. Even salvaged a downed one we found in the middle of nowhere. It was fun.)

You walk into the forest, following the simple dirt path through thick undergrowth. These trees are larger then any you've ever seen before, great columns of wood that rise hundreds of feet into the air. Their Bases are easily 20 feet in diameter, most are more, and their roots snake into and out of the ground, intertwining with their neighbors.The patterns in their bark are odd, intricate spirals and twisting hard angled designs that seem to pulse and glow slightly with inner light.The few rays of light that can penetrate the great ceiling of leaves above illuminate a world of gigantism and rampant overgrowth. Everything is covered in twisting ivy and vibrant, multi-colored moss, and plants grow massive, contorting themselves in unnatural patterns, woven and spiraling. The air itself seems thick and alive.

As you stare up at the trees something comes crashing through the forest and leaps onto the path. It's a giant boar with six iron tusks. It's made of mossy stone shot though with veins of silver and with small plants sprouting on his body.

Gonna guess you don't want to use that spell on him.

Hm. Interesting. Either the order of runes on that circle doesn't matter, or you can't tell with those runes I used. Time for some more...esoteric runes.

But not here. This is a crystal garden.

Block the door. Clear an area around the crystal plants, searching the stuff for anything useful. Arrange the room into a nice garden and make some more of that circle. Admire my garden and finish looking for useful stuff.
Two plants does not really a garden make. Also define useful? There's pretty much nothing but booze and shit around here. Monks is Drunks.

Silica repeats her words. If she is successful, she then greets the people now in the spawn room.
((PW: Is my clockwork sword's blade attached to the hilt via the curved part of the "c" or is it attached to the end of the "c"? Do the rubber arm armors cover the wearer's fingers?))
(Have you ever played no more heroes?
It's like that. A bracket with a handle and a beam of destruction within that bracket.]

[pot:4+2]

Welp you make a pair of wings that just kind of flop to the ground but nothing happens. Hmm, the light sort of stuff isn't even reacting with the ground.

Roar angrily and attempt to maul landmine-maker before bleeding out. If he's not around, kill Angle (if he wasn't the maker in the first place, haven't kept track)

As soon as revenge is taken, bleed out.
Question: if I permanently retire Sanya's soul, do I get another or do I retain the corruption? If the corruption sticks, then I'll continue because it's not a problem at all. Only reason I ask is because I'm tempted to change characterization. Regardless, this iteration is another Sanya.
Reincarnate as Sanya VI. (or is it V?)
Spoiler: Sanya VI(V?) (click to show/hide)

Because I plan to die this turn, there's no autoturn on respawn unless you'd be kind enough to let me go ahead and walk over to where I died (into the forest).
If you really want to go out with a bang, you should just say Zethol until that tattoo reaches 8/8.

Well. That was annoying.
Look around for any buildings that seem different then the normal ones. Bigger, made of something different, different shape, ecetera. Say Adamenstiar Shorbitael Harialltontal, focusing on my breastplate again.
The aura appears around you. A solid aura of diamond that completely encases you. This is gonna make moving and more importantly breathing rather hard.

"Oops."

Will the spores to take root and consume my enemies, then will several of the large type thallids to arise and guard me. Finally, will symbiotic fungi to take root and repair my flesh, or at least get it back to sorta working order. They should have several functions- first to block off the wounds to stop bleeding, second to release penicillin, or something like it, third to release painkillers and numb the wounds, fourth to generally clean the wound and stimulate my natural healing, and fifth to serve as a sort of cast/bodyarmor.

Also ponder the foolishness of messing with explosive things so close to myself. And swear to always read the entire post, just in case things like that happen.

(In retrospect, this is especially funny cause saurinae just told me to be careful the turn before I planted those landmines. Oops.)

No enemies around here to spore, really.

[will:5+2]
You will up a Mushroom man. He's Rather large.

[will:1+2]
Well, you don't get the fungi to heal you yet. But you should try that again since it's pretty cool.

((Screw it.))
Suicide and respawn. Head outside and say words:
"Cainthalsaz Zaral Harialltontal Shaazeshelial."
"It's good to have a jaw again.
You kill yourself in some way, which is hard to do as a zombie, but hey, there you go. That done, you head on out to the temple grounds.
[pot:1+1]
Nope.

"How about this..."

Summon some steel and draw the new circle. Put the steel in the circle before activating it and observe the results.
Well...thats a little bit of steel. Good enough.
Nope.

"It works! Wonder what the limit is."

Kin knows this won't work but can't stop himself from trying. He touch the hat carefully and say Hobitaeaod Hathic. Who knows, maybe he can control the crystallized plant hat to a certain degree this way.
Need another word in there, friend. I bet you know which one too.

"Aaaaaw."
Windsor draws yet another circle.
[pot:5+1]
Circle activates and everything, but nothing seems to happen, or at least it has no effect on the flesh. Hmm.

"Uhhh. Okay. Hey electric dude, it's dangerous to go alone! Take me with you!"

Follow Lars Thrakor.
You follow Thrakor into the forest and are now confronted with a giant boar. Oh dear.

Is it impossible to raise all the corpses as single horde entity?  Or can I only raise them one at a time into a horde?

If the former: Enchant the ring with spell A, then put it in my mouth.  Will my zombie to become more accurate (+dex).  If I can still use the ring in my mouth, swallow it.  Finally, head into the forest, being careful not to step on any mines or anything.

If the Latter: Cast spell B on the ring, then go through the same mouth-testing process, just with raising additional corpses into the horde.

(I think the only corpse around here is the Raider heavy. The captain ran for it and the wizards got vaporized. Also you don't have the will to control more, so there you go. )

Nope.
[will:3]
It doesn't seem to really work. But at least you know you can still use it in your mouth. Or now your belly.

I'll step up to the circle and say "Shareeb Zzeralthonth Fushalieal", take a step back from the active circle, then say more words.
Now, when you say step up to, do you step INTO it?

Land. "Ow ow ow ow Goddamn it! MY EYES!"
You land and flop around on the ground, screaming about your burnt face and other woes.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #4378 on: April 22, 2013, 11:28:06 pm »

And statuses because the post was too long

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4379 on: April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 pm »

My staff, his body being mind crushed into scrap. My will be done!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 290 291 [292] 293 294 ... 435