Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 961820 times)

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Bear:1, Wizards:0
« Reply #4905 on: May 09, 2013, 12:30:39 am »

((Wow, a look through my notes and some forum checking later, and somehow I had missed 30 entire words from my Plerplexicon-translation. Wow. Now-total = 117.
I don't have much to trade, but if my next turn doesn't work (aka: fix my bleeding problem) Then I would be happy to trade some targeting words, a few shape words perhaps or some page 4 words in exchange for some words you would like me to test with my own pool. I would particularly like the "target self" page 3 word, I'm sure there is one.
Since this method would teach me the words too, I would be content with a word for two words of testing. That way you can get some bang-for-your-buck.

Any takers? PM or thread. Either or.))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4906 on: May 09, 2013, 01:52:29 am »

"May as well try some runes while I wait."
Draw runes B18, B19, B20 and B21 somewhere I can watch the fireworks.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 02:20:36 pm by Nahere »

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4907 on: May 09, 2013, 03:03:16 am »

((Oh well. It is unfortunate that the restrictions imposed upon you prevent you from conducting a trade. Free markets and mutual profit is the way to prosperity. Think about it.))
((I'm quite willing to trade equipment and resources, just not words since they were never mine to begin with. If Perplexicon was a free market, Aether, Bismuth and the Sky Pirates would be angel investors.))

"So just these arrows? I'll give you an experimental force field arrow since you might actually have a use for it. I'll be right back, I just need to test something"
Silica gives Stephen the diamond arrows and the forcefield arrow. She then goes just outside the anti-magic zone and says <words> before moving back in. If the resultant unit can be held safely by Silica, she'll take it. She will then return to the area with the monk liches.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:09:48 am by Empiricist »
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #4908 on: May 09, 2013, 03:59:07 am »

"Ack! Being made of crystal must've made me slightly retarded."

Conduct more circle magic. Scrape A16, B6 on the ground with a crystal finger and put the bloody metal rod in the circle. Watch Jixiu fight the villager. Activate the circle if he doesn't need help, say "Hathic Zerth" if he's getting his but kicked.

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #4909 on: May 09, 2013, 05:40:32 am »

((on that thing by empiricist about mass producing weapons I can produce basic elementals with just 4 pool))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4910 on: May 09, 2013, 05:48:16 am »

Draw runes B9, B18, B19, and B20 somewhere I can watch the fireworks.
I wouldn't do that if I were you.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #4911 on: May 09, 2013, 07:34:37 am »

Well, now we know the horrible rune to never ever use, hurrah!

KineseN

• Bay Watcher
  • [Forumlurker]
    • View Profile
    • Rushvalley Tower Defence
« Reply #4912 on: May 09, 2013, 09:01:34 am »

((So, had I not botched some attempts ago at researching runes it would've been me doing that instead. Dodged a bullet there.))

Interactive signature (experimental). Refresh page to update image.

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4913 on: May 09, 2013, 02:22:39 pm »

Draw runes B9, B18, B19, and B20 somewhere I can watch the fireworks.
I wouldn't do that if I were you.
((Thank you. The scary thing though? I've tried to write that rune two times already, but failed both. I guess I was luckier than I thought I was.))

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4914 on: May 09, 2013, 02:26:01 pm »

[So, who thinks I'll die horribly to trying to covenant with two different deities? I got my bet on a "maybe." Either way, it will be a learning experience for everyone. If I survive though, it does make me wonder if its possible to covenant with all of the deities, and if so what would a maxed covenant with every deity type character look like? I can only imagine horror, horrible horrible horror. For the Other.]

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4915 on: May 09, 2013, 02:54:46 pm »

I guess you'll just get a -1 on some stats. You know, something like a curse.

And I just had a funny thought. We all gain knowledge and magical weapons and stuff, we kill all the sealers, we confront the Other, we all cast our most powerful runes and spells and we all fail to kill the Other. And suddenly, when all seems lost, kisame walks in and beats him to death with his staff. The only way this could become funnier would be if instead of a wood staff he had a flesh staff.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 03:03:08 pm by Parisbre56 »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4916 on: May 09, 2013, 03:25:53 pm »

[So, who thinks I'll die horribly to trying to covenant with two different deities? I got my bet on a "maybe." Either way, it will be a learning experience for everyone. If I survive though, it does make me wonder if its possible to covenant with all of the deities, and if so what would a maxed covenant with every deity type character look like? I can only imagine horror, horrible horrible horror. For the Other.]
Or maybe your soul will be ripped in twain. Which could be good or bad, depending.

And I just had a funny thought. We all gain knowledge and magical weapons and stuff, we kill all the sealers, we confront the Other, we all cast our most powerful runes and spells and we all fail to kill the Other. And suddenly, when all seems lost, kisame walks in and beats him to death with his staff. The only way this could become funnier would be if instead of a wood staff he had a flesh staff.
By the way, what is this Other? I think it showed up when I was propped up against a wall.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4917 on: May 09, 2013, 03:47:25 pm »

The Other is basically a lovecraftian monstrosity that threatens to turn the world into its primal chaotic form.

The true Other that is, the guy in the basement of the mountain is just an Avatar.

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #4918 on: May 09, 2013, 03:53:00 pm »

I think someone already tried the multiple god thing and it didn't do anything for them.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #4919 on: May 09, 2013, 03:58:06 pm »

The Other. The Old God. The forgotten one. The king imprisoned his physical manifestation on this world using the magics of the Deep. He made a deal with him, that whenever his name was used (Zentol, B9) the Other would solve the caster's most pressing problem. In exchange, the Other would mark the caster as corrupted. When the caster's corruption exceeded a certain level, he would be taken.

Even imprisoned however, the Other had a destructive influence on this world. So the 8 sealers sealed him so that his corruption would not escape. They created the Perplexicons to harness his power. But with every word spoken, every rune drawn, a little bit of his corruption escaped. In time, the people and the beasts got corrupted and mad. This world will turn into a swirling mass of chaos and nothingness if nothing is done to stop him.

That is why we have been summoned here by the ancient magics of the gods. They seek the most powerful mages and warriors to kill the sealers and banish the Other from this world. Only then will this world be safe. In return for your service the gods will provide you with anything you desire.

EDIT: The Other's magic will hurt his manifestation, because it is a stupid chaotic beast. Its own fire will hurt him just as well as regular.

Or so the monk lich says. Ask him and he will tell you, but can you trust him?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2013, 04:01:15 pm by Parisbre56 »
Pages: 1 ... 326 327 [328] 329 330 ... 435