Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 435

Author Topic: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension  (Read 962162 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Perplexicon: Magic is Confusing:Derm has entered the Booze Dimension
« Reply #6390 on: July 07, 2013, 08:06:47 am »

As would I. It sounds hilarious.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6391 on: July 07, 2013, 08:30:29 am »

I'm doing it over email with friends, so no link, but I could cross-post the turns here or something.

Most of the turns aren't very interesting though, they're still in the temple(Which I let them cast magic in), and aren't violent enough to be very fun.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6392 on: July 07, 2013, 08:44:07 am »

I'm doing it over email with friends, so no link, but I could cross-post the turns here or something.
Aw.

Most of the turns aren't very interesting though, they're still in the temple(Which I let them cast magic in), and aren't violent enough to be very fun.
Double aw.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6393 on: July 07, 2013, 01:16:24 pm »

Yeah, but it wont take a lot till they figure out some... Fun stuff (Probably dying in that very moment), so it would be nice if you could post them here.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6394 on: July 07, 2013, 01:56:46 pm »

Oh course.  I plan to post highlights here, assuming this thread stays active.  Probably won't start a thread myself if this dies, but eh.

Anyways, one of them has started talking to the head mummy guy.  If anybody happens to have compiled a list of what he said in this thread, I'd be very grateful for it.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6395 on: July 10, 2013, 09:54:51 am »

Where is the information about the Poison game?
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6396 on: July 10, 2013, 12:06:43 pm »

What kind of info you want? Piecewise gave some info in the Einsteinian Roulette On Ship thread, but that was more or less a general description of the idea behind the game.
Well, it's a bit complex, but I pitched it to a friend as "It's a game about grinding up your kitchen counter, your gold fish and a tin can and then smoking the powder and being whisked off to various nightmare worlds where you then do hits of Acid to summon clouds of homicidal bees. And then you can sell what you find in the nightmare world at the pawn shop in order to pay your rent for the month; assuming the nightmares don't follow you back out."

Sort of a "STALKER" meets "Fear and Loathing." sorta thing with a modular drug making system designed to let you turn anything you want into a drug with varying supernatural effects.

You know, same old same old.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #6397 on: July 10, 2013, 12:54:42 pm »

What kind of info you want? Piecewise gave some info in the Einsteinian Roulette On Ship thread, but that was more or less a general description of the idea behind the game.
Well, it's a bit complex, but I pitched it to a friend as "It's a game about grinding up your kitchen counter, your gold fish and a tin can and then smoking the powder and being whisked off to various nightmare worlds where you then do hits of Acid to summon clouds of homicidal bees. And then you can sell what you find in the nightmare world at the pawn shop in order to pay your rent for the month; assuming the nightmares don't follow you back out."

Sort of a "STALKER" meets "Fear and Loathing." sorta thing with a modular drug making system designed to let you turn anything you want into a drug with varying supernatural effects.

You know, same old same old.

So... I can smoke my arm and i will have a nightmare with some effect based on my arm and then i can take back to the world what i find there (And accidentally what finds me there) ???

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6398 on: July 10, 2013, 01:15:26 pm »

Basically, smoking weird and/or impossible stuff and selling the result of your bad trip to make a meager living. Assuming your nightmares don't kill you. Fun, right?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6399 on: July 10, 2013, 01:27:57 pm »

Going to come here for some ideas.

Perplexicon had some words like "target where I am _____" where the blank could be pointing, looking, thinking, et cetera.  Any ideas on more things I could use to fill that blank?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #6400 on: July 10, 2013, 01:51:10 pm »

((Target what's most dangerous to me? Then you could be a killer GM and make that target the caster, because he's the biggest danger to himself.

Target the thing with the biggest strength, speed, size, etc?

Target where I'm sitting?

Target where I was 1 turn/a few seconds ago? Combine this with "machine arcane wall" and you can make tron bikes.

Target the thing with name <name>? That could force people to focus a bit more on lore, so that you can target stuff like storm rocs that are near you. Or even better create stuff like nethack genocide spells with "Destroy storm rocs".

Target everything I see?

Are you looking for targeting words of this specific format ( "target where I am _____" ) or just any targeting word?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6401 on: July 10, 2013, 02:39:10 pm »

Are you looking for targeting words of this specific format ( "target where I am _____" )

This, really.

I had considered "Target where I was last turn" but see that resulting in several self-barbeques.

Not that that is a bad thing.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6402 on: July 10, 2013, 02:46:49 pm »

Maybe make ones that only work with particular words?  So "Target nearby thing with highest ____" And you can insert stuff like "Strong", or "Weight" and it would target the strongest thing, or the heaviest thing.

You could also have something like "Target <Pg 5 word>" as was suggested before.

Hmm.  "Radiate"?  A word that would cause whatever was said with it to radiate outwards from you?  That would be cool with EnchantHeldObject Radiate Life, or a circle that creates a chair of radiate death when someone steps on it, to make a mine.

My favorite is what Sarzael suggested, "Pathogen".  It just creates a pathogen that applies words said before it to people, and words said after as how it appears and spreads.  Need factories to produce more mortar shells?  Make a disease that turns your enemies into those factories!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #6403 on: July 10, 2013, 03:14:48 pm »

Oh, don't worry, I have a new neat trick up my sleeve.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #6404 on: July 13, 2013, 05:24:04 pm »

Hey, remember how I said the turns in my game weren't very interesting?  Well, someone finally figured out to ask the mummy about the shrines, so now we've got a Scarlon guy who isn't afraid to use his mind control on players, and a Nul-Sheal guy who got Lovecraft.  Yup.  Eldritch abomination control.

So, anybody have any suggestions on how to balance that?  Since with how it works he can pretty much just open a rift with will.  I figured I'd just make it harmful to him, but Nul-sheal solves that quick.
Pages: 1 ... 425 426 [427] 428 429 ... 435