Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 777726 times)

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Invasion of the Body Snatchers! (Deathgate II)
« Reply #885 on: May 06, 2013, 11:29:41 am »

It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: May 06, 2013, 11:34:28 am »

Crap. Do I have to put myself in the dorfinator again? If no, get me on a pump gym. Once I am maximum STRONG, stick me back in the military.

No, whoever's turn it is is supposed to make a line for Blade II and redorf you automatically. Eventually.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: May 06, 2013, 06:18:36 pm »

It's probably worth mentioning that AnimaRytak is the only ecstatic dwarf in the entire fort.

Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: May 06, 2013, 07:44:44 pm »

Oi, I still wanna be a meatshield!

Go find an inexperienced dorf, throw an axe at him, and dub him "Space Cat" the "Meatshield" and...uh...preferably not throw him out at the goblins. I need squadmates to shield my meat.

Nice to see the fort is picking up in activity.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: May 06, 2013, 08:22:11 pm »

Quick, check him for rum! The bastard's probably spirited some off to his lair office, to act as pleasant refreshment as his evil scheme unfolds!

I'm sigging that.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi

StLeibowitz

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_CENTAUR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: May 06, 2013, 08:37:08 pm »

I am honored :D
Generally, when one is conducting an experiment, it is worth noting that the observers went insane, killed each other, and then rose from the dead.
It's like DF inhaled a peanut.

AnimaRytak

• Bay Watcher
  • Dangerously Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: May 06, 2013, 11:06:06 pm »

On a side note, I think my status as evil overlord of Murdermachines has just been cemented.
[RUMGOD][MURDERMACHINES_OVERLORD]
Quote from: StLeibowitz
Quote from: Yuli Vlasi

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: May 06, 2013, 11:24:39 pm »

Only the truly fucked up can be happy in this madness.

peregarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Гномовержец Enjoyed throwing someone recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: May 07, 2013, 01:19:08 am »

So, sugestions to improving defence effectiveness:
- Constinue the curvy-trapped path further to the west - pave floor over that pond, surround it with walls and so on.
- Channel down next to ballista battery and make ramps there (looks like it goes right into finished goods stockpile, so some rebuilding should be made), ant then continue with long straight 3-tiles wide passage (can be surrounded with 1-tlie channels all along the way to collect ballista arrows that missed) with ballista battery at the turn. Repeat several times.
- Golden blobs shotgun somewhere in the middle. I think more realiable way to produce blobs is first load the minecart with golden toys and then submerge the (magma-safe) cart into magma. And then bring it to the launching position.
Did you know that the Russian word for "sock" is "no sock"?
I just saw a guy with two broken legs push a minecart with a corpse in it. Yeah.

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: May 07, 2013, 09:15:07 am »

I added some screenshots to the previous updates. Some got lost because of not important.
Have some more pictures:
The military quarters in construction:

You can find this room below the lower end of the execution drop
The graveyard before the construction began:

I know some things aren't connected properly in this screenshot but I already fixed that.

[Mayor Thikut Luritoslan's log, Summer 256]
4th of Hematite
We can hear their growls coming down the staircase every night. The goblins don't seem to get tired of laying siege to our fort and the trolls are to dumb to complain anyways. Inside the fort we are safe for now and we have enough food, farms and dogs to survive for a long time. But it can't go on like this. The masons announced the completition of the military quarters today. I will have to knock at every door, looking for volunteers for our new squads. Most of the old ones have been disbanded because of the many deaths are connected to them. Hopefully those who already have fighting experience and aren't essential to any other aspects of the fort will join the military. We are running low on haulers though and it doesn't look like we are going to get some living migrants with all those greenskins in front of our gate.
5th of Hematite
The only skilled 'soldiers' Murdermachines can provide are two siege operators who aren't even brave enough to move in sight of the enemy and some marksdwarves. Looks like the military will have to be rebuild from scratch. Somebody moved Lovedthruths, the artifact weapon rack down to the military quarters already. It's time to set up the dangerrooms.
9th of Hematite
Malach, the engraver seemed really happy today. He was jumping around, screaming that he 'has finished it'. Finished what? Weird guy. He spent to much time getting chased by the hamsterwoman.
13th of Hematite

The 'child survivor' Thikut (beatiful name if you ask me) started his strange mood today. Let's hope he can cheer us up a bit.
22nd of Hematite
Finally, the construction of the graveyard has begun. Our hospital is almost empty. If it weren't for the invaders, it would be a wonderful day. Even the hamsterwoman finally decided to die. I swear, Malach was crying tears of joy. I think.
10th of Malachite
I ordered the construction of ballistae inside the new shooting range. Young Thikut has finally begun his construction inside a craftsdwarf's workshop. Amazing what 3-year-olds are capable of nowadays. Work on cleaning up the aboveground fort is going well. The graveyard is almost finished and we already got some corpses down there.
18th of Malachite
Thikut finished his scepter today! It's worthy of a mighty dwarven king.

HAIL THE CHINCHILLA!
(the next pages mostly contain praises to the mighty chinchilla.)
27th of Malachite
I have it! Why not just build a looooong hallway full of cage traps and lure those greenskins in there? Now where do we get 78 cages? STUPID IDEA! How about a bridge above a deep chasm? No, better idea: MOVE THE FORT SOMEWHERE ELSE! YES!
28th of Malachite
I'm feeling... weird. It's like I'm being watched all the time... I needed to cheer up the citizens, so I placed the minotaur in the new dining room area. I should put up a few tables and chairs there too. Somebody also requested one of the captured crow girls to be put into the dark room in the middle of the living quarter no one uses. Weird people.
11th of Galena
I looked through AnimaRytak's notes today. We have a total of almost 1000 eggs! We need a kitchen, now!
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: May 07, 2013, 09:16:59 am »

So, sugestions to improving defence effectiveness:
- Constinue the curvy-trapped path further to the west - pave floor over that pond, surround it with walls and so on.
- Channel down next to ballista battery and make ramps there (looks like it goes right into finished goods stockpile, so some rebuilding should be made), ant then continue with long straight 3-tiles wide passage (can be surrounded with 1-tlie channels all along the way to collect ballista arrows that missed) with ballista battery at the turn. Repeat several times.
- Golden blobs shotgun somewhere in the middle. I think more realiable way to produce blobs is first load the minecart with golden toys and then submerge the (magma-safe) cart into magma. And then bring it to the launching position.
I'll let somebody else do that :P

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: May 08, 2013, 09:15:20 am »

I dorfed Baelor and Space Cat and put them into the military. I also put San Diego II into the new squad because we lack disposable dwarfs. A lot are children and some are essential to farming and other stuff. We don't have enough archers and we don't have enough steel armor. I'll make some.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 09:19:52 am by Yuli Vlasi »

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: May 08, 2013, 09:20:45 am »

And in case someone wants to be a speardwarf, we have an artifact spear lying around somewhere. Just tell me if you want it. Space cats dwarf already killed 15 goblins. I updated the dorfinator a little and I'm going to dorf some more people while I'm building up the military.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2013, 09:36:36 am by Yuli Vlasi »

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: May 08, 2013, 10:54:10 am »

Speardwarf me. If there's any artefact lead shields around, I'll take one of those, too :P Puff II shall smash brains in!

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: May 09, 2013, 12:47:28 pm »

Well, there aren't any artifact shields around but I just threw an artifact bronze breastplate and an artifact shoe at you. Probably not a good idea YOU WILL HAVE TO MUCH BLING-BLING TO HANDLE!
I finished autumn, winter will follow soon. I expect the next (and last) update to be up tomorrow.

I've got good news, bad news, good news, bad news and good news. Bad news aren't that bad though.
Pages: 1 ... 58 59 [60] 61 62 ... 272