Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 794687 times)

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Sacked, Salted, and Buried (Deathgate II)
« Reply #1830 on: October 28, 2013, 09:34:59 am »

Armor? There are piles of crap all over the surface.
And a second thought - we have a stockpile filled with voidspawn. Do caged critters get free on reclaim?
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: October 28, 2013, 10:16:04 am »

well shit, knew the relcaim was possible...nop ww2 on the surface...so anima might want to do the reclaim, just to se us up for more failure. Still i challenge everyone here to last at least another 5 turns without a reclaim. if we cant breach hell again ill be sad...were members of deathgate! the conquerer's of hell! only terry had the power to drive us out, but only because WE  made him into what he was!!!

LET CHAOS REIGN!!!

now thats ove with, we to stop digging for awhile and just reposition ourselves, such as taking a turn to simply clean up and post wachdogs/cats all over the map, while theyll get killed itll show us their location...wait...just had a fabulous idea...lets a channel in the ground right? then put a aqnimal that doesnt graze into the hole, and then pretty much cover it with a grate! INSTANT intruder alert system! might try that on my own fort i got going...

wish me luck guys with the dwarf therapist in 3-4 weeks from now...going to try another crack at geting it to work. later all!
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>
<dying's half the fun, and all the FUN!>-Grombardrim

Yuli Vlasi

• Bay Watcher
  • Eggs is Doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: October 28, 2013, 03:12:07 pm »

One god wasn't enough to keep the fortress from dying. We'll need about six more next time.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Take command. Lead your men. Hide in booze stockpile. Weep, and everyone weeps with you.
Maybe we could export Yuli: "Succession fortress too stable? Too boring? Just get our Yuli VlasiTM!"

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: October 28, 2013, 04:52:45 pm »

:o

...it died?!

At least it wasn't kobolds this time...

YET!

Had to say it...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: October 28, 2013, 06:48:47 pm »

Armor? There are piles of crap all over the surface.
Yes, but ... the surface is somewhat hazardous what with the constant voidspawn ambushes. Also the good stuff is still below in the fortress proper, along with all the rotting corpses.

I did a reclaim last night and got into the fort, but didn't realize I needed to bring food and booze. I'll try again with a smaller military squad (four should be enough) and use the rest of the points for consumables.

That said, this reclaim sounds marginally less fatal than the one I left behind; with no AMBASSADOR or Minotaur running loose.
There are at least two FBs, as well as all the caged thralls and whatever else we had stored down in the depths, and the (friendly) goblin siege. They just don't show up on the moment of embark.

Was the fort sealed when it fell?
No, but it *might* have been marked as a lair... >_>

we to stop digging for awhile
On the contrary, the best way in to the fortress right now is straight down from embark (and slightly to the south). Assuming the leader remembered to pack the dwarven radar.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 06:56:08 pm by wlerin »
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: October 28, 2013, 09:56:10 pm »

Well, this is murdermachines...the map itsef is murdering us...and the machine is driven by terry laughing is demonic god-like ass off...

or armok is laughing his bloody arse off on his obsidian throne on the original deathgate while terry manipulates his strings like a master puppeteer...

we are all slaves to his will...even anima himself is but a tendril of terries madness and despair...with the way things are, well we best hope to get inside do a boatmurdered...as in F-T-W!!!...and then let our numbers build to the point where we can reletively engage in hell, because at this point we all need to invade hell and make a fort in there, as well as a battery and corps. as well as make animal pastures and eventually turn hell into a resort for dwarves as the world burns with the wrath of the spawn above us. while the dwarves in hell harden themselves into harsher weapons of chaos abnd destruction, so that in time when  we invade the surface once more..the spawn will fall like wheat to a farmers scythe.

LETS PREPARE FOR THE SECOND COMMING OF THE DWARVES! tree hugers, men, goblins, kolbods, and spawn will fear us, our "surface" kin will worship us like the wraith beings that we are! And all shall bow before our might! our cunning! and our doomburgers!!!! WE ARE DEATHGATE!! AND WE SHALL NOT FALTER!!!

sorry had a moment there. but all in all, lets let anima reclaim with a few badasses.
<Chaos? Normal-, Death on untold levels? eeehhh need more popcorn, Adamantium? Shiney! The Circus? Isnt that where the clowns live? Burning elves and using their race as a insult-Definetly a dwarf!>

Dwarf4Explosives

• Bay Watcher
  • Souls are tasty. Kinda like bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: October 29, 2013, 09:13:16 am »

If I wasn't a noob (as in "still working on first fortress, but already thinking of deathtraps"-noob), I'd definitely sign myself up for a turn post-reclaim. As it is, I've just got to compliment you guys on being the fourth-craziest thing I've seen on these forums (the first being the mermaid thread, the second a thread about using necromancers to keep food fresh and the third the Dwarven Childcare idea). Keep going, and may I suggest setting up a simple but effective z-level ditch around the perimeter while you try to set up the fortress properly? Just temporarily, of course, for as long as it takes you to set up some mine cart guns.
And yet another bit of proof that RNG is toying with us. We do 1984, it does animal farm
...why do your hydras have two more heads than mine? 
Does that mean male hydras... oh god dammit.

wlerin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: October 29, 2013, 09:37:15 am »

Yeh, the front gate is due for a major reworking. Personally I'm quite partial to high-altitude bridges.
...And no one notices that a desert titan is made out of ice. No, ice capybara in the desert? Normal. Someone kinda figured out the military? Amazing!

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: October 29, 2013, 10:39:06 am »

If I wasn't a noob (as in "still working on first fortress, but already thinking of deathtraps"-noob), I'd definitely sign myself up for a turn post-reclaim. As it is, I've just got to compliment you guys on being the fourth-craziest thing I've seen on these forums (the first being the mermaid thread, the second a thread about using necromancers to keep food fresh and the third the Dwarven Childcare idea). Keep going, and may I suggest setting up a simple but effective z-level ditch around the perimeter while you try to set up the fortress properly? Just temporarily, of course, for as long as it takes you to set up some mine cart guns.

Holy shit, guys. Maybe I'm a bit jaded because I've been along for the ride since DG1, but... did someone just say that we're almost as insane as mermaid traps (which were so horrifying that Toady nerfed mermaid bone), baconing like a pro, and Dwarven Child"care"!?

Um, just saying. That's a bit scary.

That said, this reclaim sounds marginally less fatal than the one I left behind; with no AMBASSADOR or Minotaur running loose.
There are at least two FBs, as well as all the caged thralls and whatever else we had stored down in the depths, and the (friendly) goblin siege. They just don't show up on the moment of embark.

For frick's sake guys. It ain't a competition of who can say "I killed the fort better."

Well, it is, but still. New goal: We have to create the single most nightmarish embark imaginable. I suggest ghosts and hordes of caged thralls for next time. Someone should also totally pop the cork on the clown car if we're about to lose a secondthird time, just for the freaking lulz.

This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: October 29, 2013, 12:25:51 pm »

That's quite possibly one of the highest compliments I can think of.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: October 29, 2013, 02:40:58 pm »

Keep going, and may I suggest setting up a simple but effective z-level ditch around the perimeter while you try to set up the fortress properly?

Not a bad idea, but the surface is way too hostile (especially now) to try sending miners out to dig. There are roving voidspawn on the map on a more or less constant basis, and now apparently we have not one but two FBs flopping around up there too.

They'd get killed and/or eaten before they got a quarter of the way done.
This is a Dwarven corpse. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. It is encircled with bands of pathetic and menaces with spikes of fail.

Just Some Guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: October 29, 2013, 03:30:43 pm »

Guys, I have an idea. It's crazy, but it's crazy work. That, or kill the fort of the third time.

• Enter fort, kill everyone.
  • Lock up.
  • Build airlock to allow migrants to enter, but not enemies. Build traps and way to seal off if possible.
  • Began industrialized "child care."
  • Construct BATTERY2: a battery of BATTERIES.
  • Began construction of one or more pump stacks from the magma sea.
  • Hook up pump stack(s) to BATTERY2, but DO NOT TURN ON (yet).
  • Wait until "day care" has produced 8-10 full militia squads.
  • Give "day care" squads CARP training.
  • Find way to fill arena with water and drop CARPSs into it.
  • Prepare arena for Voidspawn/clown showdown.
  • Release the clowns.
  • Watch the carnage.
  • Send in CARPs to clean up.
  • Release water, let hell fill up a little.
  • Drop CARPs.
  • Once all CARPs in Hell, turn off water
  • Build new Hellbunker.
  • Began argriculture in Hell.
  • Build rooms in hell.
  • Began to move civilian population into hell.
  • Keep woodcutter/hunter outpost in lowest cave to supply wood and meat.
  • Build lever that controls power that turns on/off the magma pumps in Hellbunker.
  • Seal off any and all entrances to the above-ground world.
  • Once colonization is finished, pull lever and bring death to the surface.

It's costly, overly ambitious, time-consuming, and will destroy the FPS, but hey, isn't that what Dwarf Fortress is all about?

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: October 29, 2013, 06:28:39 pm »

Whats a CARP? they the same as carp?
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

ChaosMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: October 29, 2013, 09:27:32 pm »

Guys, I have an idea. It's crazy, but it's crazy work. That, or kill the fort of the third time.

• Enter fort, kill everyone.
  • Lock up.
  • Build airlock to allow migrants to enter, but not enemies. Build traps and way to seal off if possible.
  • Began industrialized "child care."
  • Construct BATTERY2: a battery of BATTERIES.
  • Began construction of one or more pump stacks from the magma sea.
  • Hook up pump stack(s) to BATTERY2, but DO NOT TURN ON (yet).
  • Wait until "day care" has produced 8-10 full militia squads.
  • Give "day care" squads CARP training.
  • Find way to fill arena with water and drop CARPSs into it.
  • Prepare arena for Voidspawn/clown showdown.
  • Release the clowns.
  • Watch the carnage.
  • Send in CARPs to clean up.
  • Release water, let hell fill up a little.
  • Drop CARPs.
  • Once all CARPs in Hell, turn off water
  • Build new Hellbunker.
  • Began argriculture in Hell.
  • Build rooms in hell.
  • Began to move civilian population into hell.
  • Keep woodcutter/hunter outpost in lowest cave to supply wood and meat.
  • Build lever that controls power that turns on/off the magma pumps in Hellbunker.
  • Seal off any and all entrances to the above-ground world.
  • Once colonization is finished, pull lever and bring death to the surface.

It's costly, overly ambitious, time-consuming, and will destroy the FPS, but hey, isn't that what Dwarf Fortress is all about?

you sir just made deathgate even more dwarfy....i suggest we do whatever the hell he said! crap i might even sign up my vessels as hammerdwarves for this shit!! especally if i survive as a kid in "daycare" and "carp" trainning...this would allow me to be the most badass hammer dwarf in the fort! plus i think hammer dwarf also goes along with armour/weapon making...(well it should theoretically)...

in other words

LORD ANIMA, GOD OF THE VOID AND AVATAR OF TERRY!!! WE BEESEECH YOU TO ALLOW US TO COMMENCE PROJECT CHAOS!!! (chaotic hell/spawn armegedon overloaded showdown!!!)

please? With hellspawn choppings onto of the boombuger boss? also if this manages to go into next year i would like to sign up for the succession fort or if this fort keeps going long enough illd like a turn, only if its near either april or may...due to job corp crap im doing right now...so yeah, this gives me time to learn enough shit to become a player of dwarf fortress.

plus losing is fun...WINNING is satisfying! sorry...just frogot that dw you can never win, only get bored and kill the fort yourself.

kefkakrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: October 29, 2013, 11:09:21 pm »

Whats a CARP? they the same as carp?

CARPs are our super marines. I think they may date back to DG1, and refer to a super soldier project.

Soldiers were herded into the Trade Depot of Doom (so named because the past few overseers had taken to using it to drown every caravan that came through the map and made it to the gates alive). The depot room was filled with spikes and the CARPs had to tread water while defending against the spikes.
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 272