Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 272

Author Topic: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)  (Read 794754 times)

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:BITE:16]
    • View Profile
Re: Murdermachines - Return of the VoidGod (Deathgate II)
« Reply #3405 on: July 24, 2014, 01:26:18 pm »

Hey guys, my HDD with Murdermachines on it decided to screw me, so I can't finish and I can't even upload the unfinished turn. Sorry.
That's TWO people down now. We're running out of men here.

The Twisted Darkness slashes the *Hard Drive Disc* and the severed part flies of in an arc!
The Computer has been struck down.
When all is lost, remember the bees.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: July 24, 2014, 07:02:40 pm »

Readded myself to the dorf list, and can someone please put me on the overseer's list?

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: July 24, 2014, 07:52:24 pm »

Readded myself to the dorf list, and can someone please put me on the overseer's list?
As far as I know, there isn't a concrete list of who goes when. Not since Anima went AWOL.
What the fuck. Is some random undorfed recruit now our new Darkwing? Hell, even Darkwing just managed to kill two clowns before he went down. It's beyond me that a frigging recruit in the Official Voidspawn Feeding Detachment managed a triple kill on Forgotten Armokhumping Beasts.

SanDiego

• Bay Watcher
  • I SEE IN YOUR SOUL
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: July 25, 2014, 03:42:38 am »

The turn order is more of an anarchy. Just grab the save and see if they can stop you.
Welcome to Murdermachines. Try the gecko sauce; it's delectable and delightful, a wonderful blend of savory and spicy that makes any dish delicious without being too overwhelming.

(Warning: Do not ask about the manufacturing process for gecko sauce)
(Warning: Gecko sauce may cause acute respiratory failure on contact)

Lolfail0009

• Bay Watcher
  • [PROGRAMMER:C#] [PROGRAMMER:C++] [PRONOUNS:SHE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: July 25, 2014, 05:30:26 am »

The turn order is more of an anarchy. Just grab the save and see if they can stop you. you can complete a year at all.

FTFY

CaptainMcClellan

• Bay Watcher
  • [WAS_NEVER_HERE][CUBE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: July 25, 2014, 06:59:56 am »

I wanted to, but can't. Too busy.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: July 25, 2014, 04:20:22 pm »

So, it seems that, until we find someone able to play the fort, I was the last overseer of the fort ._. Though we'll probably find someone to play.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: July 25, 2014, 06:00:20 pm »

The turn order is more of an anarchy. Just grab the save and see if they can stop you.
So, it seems that, until we find someone able to play the fort, I was the last overseer of the fort ._. Though we'll probably find someone to play.
Wait, so you're telling me I can just take the save and play it now? THE REIGN OF ORDER WILL BEGIN SHORTLY! DO YOUR WORST, CHAOTIC SCUM!
« Last Edit: July 25, 2014, 06:10:49 pm by TheFlame52 »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: July 25, 2014, 06:49:21 pm »

So, I have several things to take care of:
1. Find myself a new body, I lost the other ones.
2. Bury the dead, we can't have murderous ghosts hanging around.
3. Clean the surface, the caverns, and the fort. I'm probably going to use Order magic for this one. ((DFhack))
4. Secure the fortress.
5. Murder Terry. He's last because he isn't much of a threat.

TheSaberTooth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: July 25, 2014, 07:14:07 pm »

5. Murder Terry. He's last because he isn't much of a threat.
Terry's danger level depends on your computer. I was safe because my computer could run just fine, although I think he tried to unleash literal hell on me.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: July 26, 2014, 08:43:54 am »

My computer is sweet and I'm making it sweeter. Terry can do nothing.

I've taken care of the first one. My new body is a fisherdwarf that I assigned to be a furnace operator. She is in the military, so I assigned the best steel armor we have to myself. I'm in the process of the third goal, having cleaned off the surface and dumped the junk under a drawbridge. Terry is bedridden with a slashed-open stomach.
« Reply #3416 on: July 26, 2014, 10:35:11 am »

I don't need to. Your arrogance will drag the entire fortress down, human.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: July 26, 2014, 01:03:46 pm »

I don't need to. Your arrogance will drag the entire fortress down, human.
We'll see about that.

EDIT: Ha, your attempt to crash my game failed, my computer pulled through after a minute or so.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 01:05:19 pm by TheFlame52 »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: July 26, 2014, 02:38:23 pm »

A GCS ate some migrant that had hunting enabled before it was killed by the military. Also, some more migrants arrived. I used the ones with military skills to pad out the squads. A forgotten beast with poisonous bite came, but was killed by Microblighted and Xaren. Micro delivered the last blow, cleaving it in twain. He later named his adamantine short sword. Terry is now out of the hospital, but the other bedridden dwarves are beginning to die of thirst. I put a ghost to rest that looks like he has been there a while. I expanded a large, empty room and have begun filling it with coffins.

Scaliper is now out of the hospital, but most of his wounds are infected. The other dwarf in the hospital, a mostly useless unnamed dwarf, will probably die soon. I ordered his bed deconstructed so dwarves will notice him. It works and he is soon out of the hospital. I've ordered an atom smasher built in one of the refuse stockpiles because I couldn't find another one. I ordered the dumping and melting of more items than I can count. We're going to need more smelters and furnace operators to get it all done.

((I atom-smashed a lot of things today. If you can't find a particular item, it's probably my fault.))

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: July 26, 2014, 04:42:56 pm »

Some dwarf discovered a snatcher in the entrance. The military soon killed him, but there are more where he came from. I stationed the military in the fort's entrance where they can do the most good. Soon after, Anima grew to become a child. I'm not sure what kind of omen this is, but it definitely is one.

I'm not sure how they did it, but a goblin ambush somehow got up on the wall. I send the military to kill them, and they rush towards the goblins. The goblins are in the fort now. Tyler Durden and Pitchblende keep the goblins occupied with their crossbows while the rest of the military catches up. Microblighted beheads one goblin while Saber and NCommander kill another. The third is hit with a bolt to the stomach and flees, but Microblighted is faster and cuts off the goblin's leg. He is torn apart by the rest of the military. Ulborb shows that he can still fight with one arm while taking on another goblin singlehandedly. The goblins are all dead, so I order the military back to the gates. The refuse is dumped and the goblinite collected.

Another snatcher is detected by a kitten. The snatcher gives the kitten a slash and runs away. The idiot runs over some weapon traps and dies a slow death by suffocation. I am notified that another snatcher has made off with Samwise Gamgee. Shame. The snatcher must have got in during the ambush. Then, Mr. Strange is possessed and an elven caravan arrives. Another kidnapper makes off with some unnamed child.

Another ambush is detected by a kitten, which is quickly killed. The goblins then make for the fort's entrance, which is defended by 17 stalwart dwarves. The two groups charge at each other and collide with a splat of goblin blood. One goblin gets away, but the rest are slaughtered. Mr. Strange finishes his work, a galena mechanism. It seems like the danger has passed, so I let the military go back to business as usual.

NCommander named his flail. I traded some old clothes for all the elves' animals. I also discovered another snatcher's corpse on some weapon traps. I order some animals butchered because they were beating up the other animals.
Pages: 1 ... 226 227 [228] 229 230 ... 272