Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265233 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: A Deathmatch with Treasure! Next Turn'll Be Fun!
« Reply #1185 on: March 13, 2013, 07:41:17 pm »

May I be put on the waitlist, good sirs?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'll update it along with the turn. Which will almost certainly be tomorrow, because too much homework tonight. And in other news, I found a goddamned ancient copy of The Lesser Seal of Solomon at my grandparent's house, which is pretty cool. I might reference bits and bobs of it in MAGUS, once I have time to run it.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: March 13, 2013, 09:04:05 pm »

Jump when the meteor hits.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: March 14, 2013, 12:30:12 am »

So yeah, no turn tonight. However, I did find something amazingly funny while translating the Ars Notoria, which is the fifth section of The Lesser Seal of Solomon, which covers prayer and miracles. At one point, it flat out tells you that the names of some angels cannot be pronounced. It then recommends summoning God to summon them for you if you need them. Yo dawg, I heard you like summoning divinities...

Maybe I can summon some demon to write my essays for me while I slack off on Bay12 and translate 17th century grimoires. After all, The Lesser Seal of Solomon does list many of them as being skilled at the literary arts.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 14, 2013, 12:41:04 am »

Well if your soul isn't worth much to you, go ahead an do it. That way i won't have to wait as long lol. Another person's soul in exchange of waiting one less day... yeah that's worth it lmao.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 14, 2013, 01:53:19 pm »

I'll update it along with the turn. Which will almost certainly be tomorrow, because too much homework tonight. And in other news, I found a goddamned ancient copy of The Lesser Seal of Solomon at my grandparent's house, which is pretty cool. I might reference bits and bobs of it in MAGUS, once I have time to run it.
Actually, being an ancient bronze automoton might cause problems, so feel free to randomly transform me into a human when I'm put in the game.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 14, 2013, 02:08:35 pm »

Actually, being an ancient bronze automoton might cause problems, so feel free to randomly transform me into a human when I'm put in the game.
I don't see how something potentially causing problems for you in a roleplaying game is a reason not to do it.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: March 14, 2013, 02:18:23 pm »

I don't see how something potentially causing problems for you in a roleplaying game is a reason not to do it.
Hell, that's half the reason to play forum games in the first place!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 14, 2013, 03:12:46 pm »

Well mostly it's because automotons don't bleed or feel pain. But hey, maybe I'll die from oil loss.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: March 14, 2013, 03:30:01 pm »

I think they're saying they'll reference bits of the book, not your character.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: March 14, 2013, 10:06:47 pm »

At one point, it flat out tells you that the names of some angels cannot be pronounced. It then recommends summoning God to summon them for you if you need them.
...That's on the same level of recommendability as jumping into a nuclear reactor (the dangerous part, I mean)--it might be off, but if it's not...

Anyways, here's hoping Latin and whatnot passes swiftly. I'm getting anxious to see what this turn will bring. I'm kinda hoping for a "1" on the meteor's part.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: March 15, 2013, 02:55:46 pm »

(1) The meteor's guns turn on itself, blowing itself to smithereens!

Except now the smithereens are going to blanket the entire field in shrapnel!

Everyone rolls to dodge 1d100 sonic pebbles.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: March 15, 2013, 03:12:40 pm »

((1 sonic pebble is formed and it finds its way through osborns armor and through his skull, brining an Ironic end to his tyranny.))

((something tells me that the meeor isn't going to roll, as it doesn't need skill to fall... but that would be an interesting roll to fail... [1]: you start flying upwards after saying "pfff! Screw gravity!"))
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: March 15, 2013, 03:20:20 pm »

More likely is the meteor burning up in the atmosphere.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: March 15, 2013, 03:25:18 pm »

((except it's made of fire, burning up would make it stronger... I think... really I don't care what happens as long as we get another turn, and what is the status on that?))
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: March 15, 2013, 04:03:04 pm »

((except it's made of fire, burning up would make it stronger... I think... really I don't care what happens as long as we get another turn, and what is the status on that?))
It'll be later tonight. Have to go and watch the school musical first.
Pages: 1 ... 78 79 [80] 81 82 ... 159