Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265224 times)

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
Re: Looter's Delight: An Adventure with Treasure! Well Damn...
« Reply #1605 on: April 25, 2013, 04:55:14 pm »

So exams are coming up, and next week is more or less a study week with almost no homework. Now, because I have nearly photographic memory, I don't really need to study. So unless I come down with a massive project from nowhere, I'm gonna have loads and loads of free time to update this. Expect updates every day or two, and I might even find the time to start up MAGUS as well.
Other than dat APUSH paper.

16 to 20 pages on military aviation during WWI? That's nothing. It's not due for a month, and it's the perfect length where I can add to it whenever I get bored, without having to spend all of my energy on it.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Corsair

• Bay Watcher
  • New Zeland giveth, New Zeland taketh away
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: April 25, 2013, 10:44:41 pm »

((That MAGUS rtd sounds good))
So it was like a binary search, except the question is "Has the input been brutally murdered?", and it only ever returns True.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: April 26, 2013, 10:26:21 am »

((Is there an item that lets you summon Ancalgon? Because that would be a great endgame item.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: April 26, 2013, 02:26:22 pm »

((Is there an item that lets you summon Ancalgon? Because that would be a great endgame item.))

I'm not entirely sure what that is, but don't worry, we have loads of endgame abilities for stuff. I won't spoil much, but to give an example, Osborn's city-sized bookwyrm was due to the +/- 10 that came from killing a tier one boss. Bosses go all the way up to tier 10, which would provide a +/- 100. At that level, the very mechanics of the game can change.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: April 26, 2013, 02:54:34 pm »

((Ancalgon the Black, most powerful dragon in LOTR. ~54 km long, wingspan of ~300 miles. Weighed ~0.5 billion tons.))
Sig! Onol

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: April 26, 2013, 04:37:08 pm »

((Ancalgon the Black, most powerful dragon in LOTR. ~54 km long, wingspan of ~300 miles. Weighed ~0.5 billion tons.))

Seems to be about tier 4-6 loot. Tier 10 is more like you get loot, and reality kind of breaks. Like summoning a few Ancalgons at once on command. Or being able to control the entire planet through force of will alone. Or suddenly deciding that you want to play this like a minimalist RTD. Ancalgon is big, but when someone goes minimalist and morphs him into Sigmund the Sea Monster before sending him to Mars as an emissary for the proud nation of Luxembelgium...

EDIT: Or rolling a 1 and inciting both Mars and Luxembelgium to declare war on the player...

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: April 26, 2013, 04:50:10 pm »

BTW, googling "Ancalgon the Black", it appears he misspelled "Ancalagon", which is why it didn't turn up anything that made sense. I'm not sure why Google didn't ask if I meant "Ancalagon" instead; maybe it's not something that's searched for often?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: April 26, 2013, 05:23:14 pm »

Or maybe it's just not a word?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: April 26, 2013, 07:04:54 pm »

Or maybe it's just not a word?
It's from the - prepare for misspelling - Sillimarillon. The baddest dragon around, in an age that has been likened to DragonBallZ in D&D. But yeah, high tier loot - best.
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: April 26, 2013, 07:33:32 pm »

That doesn't put it in Google's dictionary.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: April 26, 2013, 07:35:18 pm »

That doesn't put it in Google's dictionary.
... J. R. R. Tolkein? Lord of the Rings?
Sig! Onol

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: April 26, 2013, 07:52:50 pm »

I should say, I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't put it in Google's dictionary. Especially since it didn't exactly enter common useage.
Sig

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: April 26, 2013, 07:54:19 pm »

I should say, I wouldn't be surprised if that didn't put it in Google's dictionary. Especially since it didn't exactly enter common useage.
What with Ancalagon only being mentioned in one passage of a book that's more impenetrable and obscure than Leviticus, I'm not surprised.
Sig! Onol

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: April 27, 2013, 02:44:22 pm »

What with Ancalagon only being mentioned in one passage of a book that's more impenetrable and obscure than Leviticus, I'm not surprised.
I think more people would know what the Silmarillion was over what Leviticus was.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: April 27, 2013, 03:50:44 pm »

I think more people would know what the Silmarillion was over what Leviticus was.
You are optimistic, sir.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 159