Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265205 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

I'll... give you one hell... of a toothache, you overgrown lizard...

Struggle, with my lightgun in knife mode. Cut Perpitor's tounge off if I'm going to die.

I assume my weapon was a roll of 4, then? How is loot categorized, only by what it is and elements, or are there other factors?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2013, 03:13:09 pm by Tsuchigumo550 »
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Nicholas1024

• Bay Watcher
  • Level 1
    • View Profile

"Well that is interesting, so do you want to go off in search of Loot or are we waiting for something?"
Follow Raynen if applicable otherwise murder people who attempt to murder us

"Well, I'm not waiting for much of anything in particular, so shall we explore this crazy new world? I figure south is as good of a direction as any."

Head south. Don't forget to get my weapon analyzed.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile

((hmm... mys book senses (meta-gaming) tell me that sir Iron Blood is trying to get me. Also, I think the ENTIRE plot might revolve round me at the moment.))

Follow bug dude. QUICKLY DAMN IT!!!!
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Find anvil.
Place watch on anvil.
Back away.
???
PROFIT!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

Ahem...
Why was Grubgson's final END roll split by 2.5?
All knowledge gained through these magnificent dialouges are OOC, right?
Am I still near the spawning point where the anvil is?
Well, the anvil gave you a big weak point on your chest. Normally that would require a dex roll of twice yours to hit, but being wrapped up in ribbon reduced your dodge dex to nothing, so hitting the weak spot was automatic. The ribbons also cut endurance rolls, seeing as how one would be unable to defend themselves.
These hints are OOC, but feel free to use any non-plot related info in character.
And you're at the spawn, yes. The anvil is actually still there too, due to a loot effect which prevents it from despawning (Alani's hat had that one too). But most loot will dissapear when its owner dies.

Did the beetle guy tell Osborn anything else besides him being the chosen one?
A bit of stuff other than that, yes, but I won't say what. That's for you to find out on your own...

I assume my weapon was a roll of 4, then? How is loot categorized, only by what it is and elements, or are there other factors?
There are a bunch of effects, some of which cost more than one 'point' above 3. And even 'basic' stuff like elements have some rarer variants. Therefore, the best loot takes not only a good luk roll, but also some decent real-life luck.

((hmm... mys book senses (meta-gaming) tell me that sir Iron Blood is trying to get me. Also, I think the ENTIRE plot might revolve round me at the moment.))
Well, you do have A major plot centered around you. You're sort of like a major religious figure in that sense. Really important inside your group, but everyone else is more concerned with your 3-mile long bookwyrm and its importance to their plots than they are with your own importance to your plot.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

I have some questions.

1. Where do the characters come from and how do they get here? For that matter, are we all from the same place?
2. How about the loot? I think it was originally mentioned that it came from some kind of loot dimension, but why does it appear?
3. Most especially, where do the living and/or sentient loots come from?
4. Why are the initial loots formed from the waiver? Why aren't they from the Loot Dimension as well?
5. Would it be possible for the people who give us the waivers to transform them in their own dimension, creating a variety of magical items? If so, why don't they just do that? It seems like a much more sustainable venture than this.
6. What happens to our bodies when we die?
7. What happens to our loot when we die?
8. Is this world spherical, toroidal, flat, cubical, or what?
9. How much of the loot is determined by the generator and how much is left up to your interpretation? For instance, was Aurwyn's personality a lucky chance or something you made? How about the bookwyrm's growth? That one tentacled shuriken thing's tentacles? The boilingness of the boiling-mud-frog?
10. Do you expect to get access to your old computer with the old loot generator on it any time soon?

-----

And now for the action.

Pat the mudfrog on the head back to congratulate it. Back, to avoid getting eaten.

See if I can figure out what kind of magic the coin has. If I have no idea, or you have no mechanic for "guessing" powers
(like TIoM has) , then pick it up and prepare to duck.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Aseaheru

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed by the Elves with a title.
    • View Profile

CHARGE BACK!
Highly Opinionated Fool
Warning, nearly incapable of expressing tone in text

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Name: Viola Guy
Looks: An effeminate man who needs a viola
Stats:
Strength: -
Endurance: -
Dexterity: -
Affinity: +++++
Luck: -
Badassery: -
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

I have some questions.

1. Where do the characters come from and how do they get here? For that matter, are we all from the same place?
2. How about the loot? I think it was originally mentioned that it came from some kind of loot dimension, but why does it appear?
3. Most especially, where do the living and/or sentient loots come from?
4. Why are the initial loots formed from the waiver? Why aren't they from the Loot Dimension as well?
5. Would it be possible for the people who give us the waivers to transform them in their own dimension, creating a variety of magical items? If so, why don't they just do that? It seems like a much more sustainable venture than this.
6. What happens to our bodies when we die?
7. What happens to our loot when we die?
8. Is this world spherical, toroidal, flat, cubical, or what?
9. How much of the loot is determined by the generator and how much is left up to your interpretation? For instance, was Aurwyn's personality a lucky chance or something you made? How about the bookwyrm's growth? That one tentacled shuriken thing's tentacles? The boilingness of the boiling-mud-frog?
10. Do you expect to get access to your old computer with the old loot generator on it any time soon?
1. Well, the Looter's Delight program has become so popular across the multiverse that there's a sign-up booth almost every mile, no matter where you are or what universe you're in. All you have to do is sign a waiver, and BAM, there you are.
2. Because of a little spoiler that I can't mention yet...
3. Same dimension as the others. When loot's formed, adding life or sentience is really just a neat feature, but no more difficult than adding an element to it. Which leads to the question of how loot is formed, which leads to spoilers.
4. I can't really give this one away...
5. Nor can I release this one...
6. Most alternate dimensions in this multiverse act like living beings, in that they prefer to remove foreign objects. Neither you nor your loot is from this world, so the moment that you are dead and unable to resist, the world tosses your corpse back to where it came from, oftentimes scaring the living daylights out of passer by, who are generally unaccustomed to having corpses flung out of portals at them.
7. The world also sends your loot back too, although some stuff (Alani's old hat, Grungson's anvil) is made in such a way that it's unable to be returned.
8. Spherical.
9. It's my interpretation of several factors spat out by the generator. For example, Moretti, who was made with the original generator, was a living shuriken capable of evolving that also caused madness as an attack effect. It just seemed very Lovecraftian to me, so I gave it some tentacles to emphasize that. The new generator rolls for the temperature of certain materials, which is why the mud frog is boiling hot. And personalities are actually a fusion of ones randomly selected from a list of about 300, which grows constantly as I find new ones that could be interesting to put into the mix. For example, Aurwyn is a blend consisting of equal parts Dlanor A. Knox from Umineko no Naku Kuro ni and Pierre McConville from Once Upon a Time in the North, so I combined the loyalty and black and white morality of the former with the horrifying raw sadism in the latter to create her. Plus, I took Dlanor's speech QUIRK.
10 I'll be there sometime this summer, probably within a month or two.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

New question: Are you just saying that various random stuff is spoilers because you don't have an answer yet?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

New question: Are you just saying that various random stuff is spoilers because you don't have an answer yet?
Nope. It has a little bit to do with Osborn's bug buddy, or rather someone that he knows, but that's all that you get for now.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

!!SECRET PLOT!!

This may be too specific, but is it wise for me to put the watch on the anvil?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile

!!SECRET PLOT!!

This may be too specific, but is it wise for me to put the watch on the anvil?
Do it regardless! For !!SCIENCE!!
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I just thought of a question or two...

1. Where is Osborn right now?
2. Are there others with that kind of knowledge?
3. Are there multiple separate "spoilerey plot point" plot things or just one interlinked one?
Sig

Greenstarfanatic

• Bay Watcher
  • I wanna be a cow boy babey
    • View Profile

Is GWG silly for asking all of these questions because this game is mostly Action-Driven instead of Plot-Driven?
Hey, don't forget about research boy sitting right here!
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 159