Poll

How overpowered is the dex stat?

Game-Breakingly
Very
Moderately
Just a Little
Not at All

Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 159

Author Topic: Looter's Delight: Considering Revival  (Read 265867 times)

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Oh, most important question: can we consider my statements about the Bastard family making up 70% of the population of the multiverse true?
Why not? Of course, knowing a few of the Writers, the Bastards are probably kept in some isolated torture dimension, where they actually fight to the death for the sole purpose of being able to sign up for Looter's Delight and escape the hell that is their life. Or something like that. Some of the older Writers are kind of dickish...

Why would anyone sign up to do this? It's a one-way ticket to a strange world that everyone knows will end in death, probably painful.
Well, lots of reasons. You could be from somewhere in the multiverse that is completely awful, and see LD as a better alternative. You could have been drawn in by the flashy advertisements. You may even have been drugged or knocked out in an alleyway, only to wake up next to a cheerful man in a brown-suit, telling you to sign some sort of waiver. Or maybe you're just crazy.

Or maybe signing up gives your family lts of money. Or stops them from being shot. It could be an alternative to going to prison. An oppressive dictatorship could require tributes from each district to serve. Or maybe someone's terminally ill and want to die fighting instead of being weak and shriveled on a hospital bed. Or they could be just plain dumb. Or told they could win.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Knowing the Bastards, they're the one's orchestrating said tournaments.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Those...those...
Darn.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Those...those...
Darn.
They chose the name for that exact purpose.
Magnificent Bastards.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I wouldn't say Magnificent Bastards. That requires them to be, well, Magnificent. Or at least intelligent and stylish, which they are neither.

They're just...bastards.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Why would anyone sign up to do this? It's a one-way ticket to a strange world that everyone knows will end in death, probably painful.
Well, lots of reasons. You could be from somewhere in the multiverse that is completely awful, and see LD as a better alternative. You could have been drawn in by the flashy advertisements. You may even have been drugged or knocked out in an alleyway, only to wake up next to a cheerful man in a brown-suit, telling you to sign some sort of waiver. Or maybe you're just crazy.
Or dying doesn't bother them somehow, like how the Green Cloaks can survive death once in a single universe.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Or dying doesn't bother them somehow, like how the Green Cloaks can survive death once in a single universe.
Once, period, or once, per universe?
Sig

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile

Once, period, or once, per universe?
Per universe.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile

I assume my weapon was a roll of 4, then? How is loot categorized, only by what it is and elements, or are there other factors?
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile

How dangerous is my possibly blood-thirsty sheet of paper?
Also, is the airship I'm in actually headed somewhere, or am I just randomly flying around?
And now, an action for when you can write!
Put the paper somewhere safe without touching it, then man a weapon that seems like I can operate it.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 03:04:13 pm by Squill »
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Wwolin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXTRA_BUTCHER_OBJECT]
    • View Profile

I assume my weapon was a roll of 4, then? How is loot categorized, only by what it is and elements, or are there other factors?
It's categorized by what it is, what it does, and one spoilery bit that cannot be explained yet, because it relates to the story behind loot.

How dangerous is my possibly blood-thirsty sheet of paper?
Also, is the airship I'm in actually headed somewhere, or am I just randomly flying around?
You should be very glad that the paper has never touched your skin. Very, very glad.
And your ship is headed somewhere pretty cool. Depending on whether or not you luck out with encounters, you'll be there this coming turn.
I meant we'd start stabbing the walls and floor for points and not just for science.

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile

((Man am I glad I didn't miss a turn.... for some reason my email decided not to tell me there was new post.))

Evil Lucky let's out a sigh of relief that his stupidity of not being cautious didn't cost him his love. "Boy that could've gone badly. Ok, rule number one, stay away from eltricity for your sake. Rule number two, make sure whatever we plan to torture isn't too dangerous. Anyways, let's go cook up this bird before we start exploring shall we.... wait... can you even eat, Aurwyn? I mean... I'm still not even 100% sure what you are hahaha."

Start looking around for stuff to make a fire, anything that would work really. Then start cooking up the bird. If we run into anything remotely dangerous or seemingly dangerous, hide and observe it first before I do something potentially stupid again.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2013, 12:56:25 am by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile

((Oooh, can I join this? if so...))

Spoiler: CHARACTER HO! (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

VG also thanks Sam, and heads back to the plane, keeping her eyes peeled for any opportunities for loot.

+!!scientist!!+

• Bay Watcher
  • I came to have fun, but then I found !!FUN!!
    • View Profile

Okay, now I have a question:

How many more turns until I find out what this throne room will do for me?
"what are all these shapes? Why are they moving around. What do they want from me?"
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 159