Poll

Who's excited for Warrens' return?

me
- 8 (16%)
me
- 2 (4%)
me
- 5 (10%)
help i'm trapped in a poll i don't know why i'm here i'm so scared someone please help
- 29 (58%)
me
- 6 (12%)

Total Members Voted: 50

Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 1544

Author Topic: (ISG) The Warrens of Oric the Awesome ???  (Read 3792576 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile

Tasking another look at those list of essences, I suddenly feel very curious as to what effects they have.
It's FEF, not FEOF

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile

...Dungeon Master?

RanDomino

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Death Metal.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I doubt caltrops are very useful against incorporeal electric beings.
Last I checked, the wisps are not inflated balloons.
I doubt a spear, a stick, a shotgun or jumping up and down on them would be useful against incorporeal electric beings...

Also, according to the #2 tip, nothing with a use can be a reagent.
Therefore, there is no other use for the acid, since it is (I think) classed as a reagent.
Which is strange.
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile

It doesn't have a special, magical effect defined by the game's rules. It's still acid though.

Everything is free for use with shenanigans.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Throwing acid at the ground of the big wisp would have been a great idea, instead of putting our strongest weapon there.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

Throwing acid at the ground of the big wisp would have been a great idea, instead of putting our strongest weapon there.
Why?
Wisps float.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why?
Wisps float.

If the wisps float, we'll make the acid float up to them and drown them in it

also the big wisp fails to float

he jumps and flops onto the panels

so if we acided the panel the wisp would jump into acid and funtimes happen

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

We have better uses for acid.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

What do you mean we have better uses for a fully renewable resource.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile

Why?
Wisps float.
How can one pound the ground in such a way to make dust fly if the ground is not hit? If the dust flies, I'd wager the acid would too. Really, the acid idea was pretty golden... Can't we do that now though? I mean, he's jumping again to where we are, why not try that now?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why?
Wisps float.
How can one pound the ground in such a way to make dust fly if the ground is not hit? If the dust flies, I'd wager the acid would too. Really, the acid idea was pretty golden... Can't we do that now though? I mean, he's jumping again to where we are, why not try that now?
Buy a helium balloon. Push downward on it a lot. Eventually, it will touch the ground. Do this faster. Assuming it didn't pop, it probably hit the ground. And yet (assuming it didn't pop), let go and it will float back up. Just because something doesn't always float doesn't mean it never does.
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile

I'm not entirely sure how many times I have to say this. Two thirds of our party are gon' be ded if we don't go.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm not entirely sure how many times I have to say this. Two thirds of our party are gon' be ded if we don't go.
One one of those is the healer.
Sig

monk12

• Bay Watcher
  • Sorry, I AM a coyote
    • View Profile

I'm pretty sure the "run the fuck away" votes have already won a majority. At this point we're debating future strategy.
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 1544