Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 84235 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #510 on: March 08, 2013, 02:10:47 pm »

Un'girlan stared almost wistfully at the dissappearing trail of light that Aodun left behind. The phoinex was so tempting ... but it would be more than it was worth to pursue.

No matter. There were others. But first ...

The hole in space writhes, thrashing about in directions not possible. With one shudder - two, three - protuberances seem to grow upon it, becoming gnarled and sharp, teeth in the mouth of the universe.
Un'girla forms teeth. Weapon: Teeth of the Void: 2 Void-Bound Mighty Acts.

The beast in the stars hungered. The numerous flickering gods of this universe were beginning to destroy each other. Such was the way of prey without a guiding force.
It would begin guiding them. The first was another from outside, one who was still full of power.
Vasvaldi.

Un'girla attacks Vasvaldi and attempts to devour her/him.

« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:26:52 pm by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 08, 2013, 02:18:46 pm »

Sabt Golgo had felt fear, and this had paralyzed her. The abomination had escaped the Voidguard, escaped her wrath - escaped Sychasis. It was running mad in the universe, together with its lesser kin that Sabt Golgo had not been there to confront. But no longer. The Spider saw Vasvaldi, her would-be ally - and saw the beast. She had to act quickly.

Behind her, for the first time, Sychasis awoke, the earth opening up beneath the wyrms and vibrant life. From this day onward, no god would remain ignorant of its true purpose.

FIRE! Sychasis blasts away at Un'girla while he's busy with Vasvaldi. If he's downed, move in to devour - if not, retreat inside the Voidguard.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 08, 2013, 02:23:06 pm »

Corvus watched the cannon fire at Un'Girlan, and cursed.

"No! Damned cannon!

Now Aodun shall remain unslain..."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 08, 2013, 02:47:41 pm »

First Vanida felt fear when she witnessed the change of Volondor-Udil... "No.. No... No  I shall not by yours... she whispered in horror after hearing voice of Udil. Evil and cruel voice... She made several steps backs and felt another danger... Her bond with firewyrms on the Sychasis said her that something happened, something dangerous, the strange moon awoke " You, treacherous bastard, you distracted me to let another force to kill my children, my guardians and kill me defenseless" And Vanida sprinted away, back to Eversummer, using her power, to call her wyrms to her as she needed protectors

1 act  Teleport the wyrms, and, if possible,  any other life  from Sychasis to Eversummer (wyrms is first priority, other life forms is the second if any power is left )

Then she ordered her loyal bodyguards to dig an undeground fortress for her... Few others received a different order. They were ordered to let humans butcher them, For a food. As a gift from Vanida
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 02:50:19 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: March 08, 2013, 02:49:46 pm »

Corvus looked desperately from Vanida's recall of her wyrms, and Sychasis, and at Un'Girlan.

This, to put it lightly, was when they were "out of the frying pan and into the fire".

Terenos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 08, 2013, 03:16:20 pm »

Vasvaldi sighed. After all this time, Un'Girlan had not learned anything. He moved as a predator, directly towards whatever prey struck his fancy. Never paid a single bit of attention to the tricks that sometimes prey could play. Its how Vasvaldi had survived for aeons.

And today would be no different. His hair stood on end, and he knew that he was being hunted. He knew that it would be a struggle of predator and prey, and that this time he was the prey. Or was he? He ran to buy time, avoiding the teeth of the Devourer. He dodged and wove, to drive forward the frenzy of the hunt. Until he was certain that the only thing on the mind of Un'girlan was the hunt, and his own eventual victory.

Then Vasvaldi turned and struck downwards with both paws, forcing his power through the blow and opening a gaping rift that led directly to Anghinwar. Un'girlan was focused on Vasvaldi's death,and was unaware of the act until it was too late. The rift closed swiftly behind Un'girlan, as though it was never there.

Using 2 Mighty Acts, Vasvaldi Imprisons Un'girlan in the Anghinwar.

Vasvaldi growled in triumph. "Victory is mine, Devourer. And now I suppose, I die." Vasvaldi slumped with the effort of the imprisonment. Given the history of this place, he surmised it was only a matter of time before someone cut him down for his power.
But despite what you've been told, I once had a soul. Left somewhere behind...

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 08, 2013, 03:17:07 pm »

"The chance to avert it?  You might have forgotten after all these years, but I recall your words clear as day.  You offered me a chance to throw myself to the wilds, you threatened me with being crushed by them if I did not heed you.  You freely admit to saving only those who were in your power, and that makes you no better than Udil.  Who are you, wild-spirit, that hold yourself so high?  You never even deigned to speak your own name."
'Threaten you? This was not my intent. But it appears to have come to pass regardless. And I am a being of the wild, not a citizen of some mortal realm - justice for all is impossible in this world - predator eat prey and the strongest prevails. And my name? My name is Feros. I hope we have no cause to speak again.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 08, 2013, 03:23:43 pm »

Kar'lan approached the diety Feros and spoke, "Maybe on the planet, but there is justice after death."
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 08, 2013, 03:28:07 pm »

'Indeed. But that is not this world. Here the strong prey on the weak, and thus speed their passing into their justice. But what matter is mortal justice to you? All beings ultimately die, and thus true justice is served, is it not?'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 08, 2013, 03:46:39 pm »

"I am Kar'lan, God of Death, Lord of the Mortal Afterlife, and Judge of Souls.  It is not a question of what matter justice is to me, but why it would not."
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 08, 2013, 03:50:18 pm »

'I have no particular quarrel with you. Speak your piece and I will hear your words.'

Sigtext

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 08, 2013, 04:00:48 pm »

"The current state of the universe has led me to believe that the creation of a pantheon would be best in order to prevent, or at very least reduce, the rate that dieties are dying.  I first spoke to Corvus, who was willing to join, and suggested to me to meet with you and Lo, so here I am."

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: March 08, 2013, 04:03:28 pm »

'I am intruiged. our deaths would certainly not be beneficial to ourselves, and quite likely not for this planet. I have no issue with Corvus either. A pantheon then, if not to justice then to balance at least.'

Sigtext

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 08, 2013, 04:08:19 pm »

In the Halls of the Mountain-King

Uggh. The world is dying and here they are taking pleasure in mortal organs? Fools...Wait don't leave!

The simulacrum raised a hand as the lust goddess left, hoping to persuade her to stay. "Vanida I need to-"

Too late. The simulacrum made a slight sigh.

"I apologise for the...interruption my lord...or would you prefer lords? I shall try to make myself brief. As you must know, the world be close to dying. It's fauna and flora are both in a state of decay; only pockets of life yet remain. The mortals of this world are nearly extinct; those that remain for the most part, think us gods as those who deserve hate. I find no reason to contradict them, considering what we have done."

"What I ask of you is...your aid in repairing the Despair. I seek to restore the world to a state similar to the one before all this Chaos, before these tsunamis, and ash and massacres. I ask you not only as a god, but a citizen of this world as well as a servant of the Overgod. I am not...powerful enough to end the Chaos myself, Lord of Dwarves."

"What say you? If you still yet disagree, then I shall continue with my task, as hopeless as it may be."

In the Forests of the Wild-God

"I be Lo; we two of split-minds be Lo. I am the Improver and my tasks is to improve. This world needs...quite a bit of it. Death, anarchy, entropy, plague, starvation and extinction haunt all its inhabitants. To an extent, this is natural...but this is simply too much. I seek to restore the world to a better state. I need your aid, Wild-god. You're rule has been a model to all; of all the peoples of this world your Northmen have fared the best; I do not believe they have been heavily affected by the Chaos at all. If you were to spread your abilities to the rest of the globe...we could all repair the Despair."
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 04:21:43 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 08, 2013, 04:10:18 pm »

Corvus watched Vasvaldi fall unconscious.

"If he dies, then the Riftguard will be weakened, and more monstrosities shall break through the Rift. Sabt Golgo has already let one through, even through her eternal vigil, and if he falls, then there may be more who get past.

If he dies, then I lose nothing.

If I were to safeguard him, then the Riftguard keeps a member and the death of deities shall be reduced.

It isn't a good idea, no, but who else will?"

Corvus deliberated on whether or not to teleport Vasvaldi to the Corvid Moon (or Scholar's Moon). He considered deeply whether the consequences of whether or not leaving the Ancient of Time floating in space for any god to kill would matter to Corvus and the Crowborn, as well as Aur-Sha and the greater universe, in the long term.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 61