Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 61

Author Topic: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...  (Read 83937 times)

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
Re: Pantheon Play Thread: In the beginning there was...
« Reply #675 on: March 12, 2013, 04:35:52 pm »

We cannot be entirely sure. I am sure it does, though the question would be does it have intelligent life... which we will have to investigate.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: March 12, 2013, 05:02:32 pm »

Volondor could not help to feel her warmth and appreciate her care.

"Yes, a ceremony shall be performed. The people of our kingdom shall know that we have entered a new era. It will be a legend for centuries to come. I will craft a beautiful gift for you as well."

with those words, Volondor took it upon himself to craft two rings in the eternal forge. A beautiful combination of gold and silver of the highest craftsdwarship. He imbued them with his power that would connect them and allow communication, instant transport and be a proof of the connection between the wearers. It would be a symbol of the new age.

Minor act -Volondor crafts a pair of wedding rings for himself and Vanida.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: March 12, 2013, 05:03:28 pm »

-earlier-
Kar'lan spoke to Udil-Volondor from afar in a tone completely lacking emotion that was made of whispers.  "While you were changed into a diety, any thought of me being subservient to you seems to be greatly foolish.  If you had remained mortal, you would be subject to the judgement that I make upon every soul to determine where they go in the afterlife.  This is not intended as an insult towards you, just a statement of the facts."

Kar'lan's voice then turned to Vanida, speaking in the same tone.  "The complete thought that the first rule would even necessarily need to apply to an etheral being is absurd, and a race that I have already created makes the second rule an impossibility due to the race's nature.  The third rule does make sense, but I am never going to be seeking conflict from here on out, and the abode I have is impossible to reach by all but me and the souls of the dead."

-current-
Kar'lan then moved from his location to the afterlife, where he judged the collected souls that had ammounted when he was gone.  He then uses an act in order to restore as many of the souls that were destroyed by Aodun as possible.

Kar'lan uses another act to restore and expand the armory of the judgement halls, after having the former army returning any armor and weaponry that they had.

Kar'lan saves his final act for a later time and begins to mentally search through the races of despair for a fitting champion.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: March 12, 2013, 09:59:13 pm »

While the simulacrum stayed with Udil-Volondor and his wife, the goddess Lo began working on an object of power that would help not only herself, but all of mortals as well.

She wrought the divine energies taken from the fallen god of chaos, wrapping it into a large spherical shape. From there it was simple; she drew and wove compartments and rooms with various arrays and functions. Cylindrical engines and motors; pipes flowing in essence; arcane runes of power; stabilisers of forces; contraptions of various capabilities; resource generators, and many other such structures.

The sphere was beautiful to behold; an incorporeal shape of divine essence with shifting colours and textures. Were We artists, We would keep it in this form. With a tinge of regret, Lo began solidifying the object. Walls, machines and runes came to life as the sphere became part of the physical world.

It was complete. The Tutelaspera.

It was a large spherical machine driven by divine energies. Lines and runes of power covered and criss-crossed the structure, glowing with essence. Within were several hundred rooms dedicated to several duties. The outer layers contained within them large machinery capable of terraformation, enlightenment and light radiation. Deeper within was the living quarters for any passengers who the Improver saw fit to add to her crew. Gardens, training areas, resting rooms and other areas needed for life existed here. Directly under this layer was a ring of assemblies, workshops and labs capable of producing vast amounts of items or modifying organisms. In the core of the structure was Lo's physical quarters; A spartan room inaccessible by all but the Mad Goddess where she would be able to control and supply the Tutelaspera and the rest of her 'domain'. The sphere was not an immobile structure but capable for unbelievably quick movement and was unaffected by forces of friction.

1 Mighty Act: Lo creates the Tutelaspera: a large (the size of a particularly large mountain), floating, mobile  spherical structure capable of terraformation, providing light and passively increasing the mental capacities of nearby organisms. Experimental labs and workshops within the sphere allow for the genetic (in all applicable ways) modification for organisms and rapid production of goods. Generators automatically produce resources for Lo's use. The Tutelaspera can vary its speed but may cover the globe instantly if needed. Friction does not apply to it. Inside environment is unaffected by changes in environment, speed or environment from external environment.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2013, 10:02:49 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: March 13, 2013, 02:33:25 am »

Feros sensed the landing of the swarm, and was disturbed. Nothing good had come from the void so far, and he had no reason to suspect otherwise. And so he spoke to it, addressing his speech to the swarm in general.
'Creatures, I would speak to the one who leads you. This world is under my protection and many others, and I would bid you state your purpose.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: March 13, 2013, 07:02:07 am »

As promised, Udil-Volondor would heal the planet. He would also ensure that the world would not suffer as long as he watched over it. While he was the lord of wrath and craft, he was going to become an elemental lord too, to further solidify his hold on the world. His will would bind the air and rain and thunder, his voice would unleash storms or calm them. This would also heal Udil, as he imbued himself with additional power.

1 Mighty Act - Udil-Volnodor binds the air and atmosphere of the planet to his will, adding air and sky of the planet to his sphere of rule. He uses this power to clear up the atmosphere, ensure good weather for life recovery and restoring weather cycle to its normal setup.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 07:06:22 am by Ardas »

Deny

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: March 13, 2013, 08:10:10 am »

Aur-Sha felt the death of the chaos god from her smal resting place, and then felt the immediate aftermath. As she was wondering what this meant she felt the god Corvus open the portal, leadingto the other world, and speaking to the giants giving them the opion of going home. Aur-Sha contemplated this new development, she supposed that she should let tem go if they wanted to, after all she wasn't their master or anything, but still. So Aur-Sha reached out to the minds f he Giant, "Hear me my siblings, the god corvus has given you the option to return home, and I will not stop you, however, I do feel as though it is my duty to warn you of the danger of returning home. This moon is protected from all the other gods, and with good reason, there are many gods who will hunt you sdorely because you are Az-Sho's children, and this portal is a one way trip.Maybe you do not want to hide, and for that I commed you on your bravery, but the world out there is very danerous, and from here we can build up our strength until we are strong enough to fight back, go if you wish, after all i am only trying to warn you of the dangers, I will not forc you to stay."

With that she then decided to investigate the death of the Chaos god, she looked up from her hill and cried out again "Corvus, I have felt the death of the Chaos god, and would like to know if you could shed some more light on the details."

Attempt to convince the giants to stay on Corvus, but do not try to force them
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 08:26:02 am by Deny »
In denial of sanity...

and insanity

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: March 13, 2013, 09:38:43 am »

Sabt Golgo saw the Rift close, pleased. The others were not so useless as she'd thought. The Voidguard now stood silent in the blackness, the thundering of divine weapons finally ceasing. There seemed to be... peace. The Mirrorborn had known nothing but battle for what had seemed like an eternity. The wound was gone, now, only close scrutiny proving anything had been there. But the Spider knew this peace was only an illusion, a temporary reprieve. She knew that she would need to find a way to cut this world off from the Void. After that, she could focus on ending the plague on Time.

But... the Spider was patient. The others had come on her call. That boded well. She would remain and guard this universe for a long time yet.

The mad-god had weakened her, though she still burned with his power. The creature worried her. It had proved a much greater danger to the universe than anything that came through the Rift - if the others had not come, she would have been devoured along everything else. It had also showed clear weak points in her defenses. If Aodun had not come for her at the Rift, the Voidguard would have been useless. She needed something mobile, something that could defend the entirety of reality - or at the very least, travel without her assistance.

The Mirrorborn had served her well. They understood their duty to defend the universe, no matter the toll it took on their psyche. She felt sorry for them - a strangely human emotion, one they had taught her - as she had not truly given them a choice. Regardless, they still had work to do. Perhaps some relieve could be granted.

Settling herself around the Voidguard, cradling it like a newborn child, the Spider began to weave...

---

Earlier.

The enormous cannon had rattled Setydin to the bone, disrupting her form momentarily. She'd watched the ripples going through her body, tiny, uncontrolled shifts cutting through her before she regained control. It was not good to be this close the godly weapons, but she had wanted to see. The gods had gone to war, called on by their mistress.

Setydin had never thought to see the Voidguard overshadowed by any other weapon in existence. Their firepower alone had destroyed thousand upon thousand abominations that had come crawling from the Void, the divine energy that ran through them cutting through the insubstantial, flickering creatures, seemingly unstoppable. Only the great beast - Un'girlan it was called, she'd heard - and the oathsworn had escaped their wrath.

Now, though... she understood the Voidguard's mighty weapons were not the only weapons their mistress had. The beam of light that had exploded out of Sychasis had blinded them all, and by the time they had shifted their vision back whole, the terrifying creature that was the mad-god reeling. Her mind was still struggling to comprehend the magnitude and power of the blast and what had followed - a divine host of frightening power, carrying with it the spirits of the wrathful dead. The Voidguard had joined them as they rained down hellfire and blasts of energy that seemed to rob her of all her mental faculties, each in turn.

Setydin had strayed closer to the edge of the Voidguard regardless, needing to see. For a time, the blackness of the void had been replaced by unnatural light, the flashes echoed by the hellish impacts on the planet far below. Most of the gods were not anywhere near the size of their mistress physically, but no mortal could have missed them as they flinged more of their power against the abomination below. They were like beacons, their power bright enough to be seen anywhere in this universe, she was sure. Setydin understood at last what a god truly was. It had terrified her to the depths of her soul.

And even after all this, Aodun had not fallen. The mad-god had risen, its terrible form clear even across the vast distance. She felt the army of the dead disintegrate - one of the last things she was before the gods attacked en masse, their mistress leading the divine host with her terrible poison. The fires had hidden everything - she had only realized they had won when the Spider returned. The lands below were a black-red blight on Despair, pulsing with sheer wrongness.

Now... the guns were silent, the Rift gone. Setydin was staring at the distant spiral arm of the galaxy, as far away from the edge of the Voidguard facing the planet as possible. There were other Mirrorborn here, some more lively than others. The images and feelings of the battle still spun in her mind and she barely noticed when she was talked to or when kin she knew passed. The Spider's vast form towered above them, emanating light, but they paid little heed. The mistress came and went, sparing them little thought. Setydin still remembered when she had walked among them in such lovely, human form - but then had come the darkest night and the Shattered... she had no wish to dwell on it.

Setydin realized she had been spoken to once more. She turned her head slowly, blinking, to see a humanoid shape seeming to be made out of constantly running liquid. Every now and then, a certain part of its body solidified for a moment, only to melt away once more. She still kept her original form - with a few embellishments - for the most part, but some Mirrorborn could not seem to stay in one shape for even a split second.

'Curious, curious,' the Mirrorborn said, his voice reveberating through his body. Setydin only gave it a gender based on the way it sounded. She gave him a quizzical look and he continued, sliding into a sitting position beside her; 'The Spider has woven something new, cannot you tell?'

She blinked, looking at their mistress again. The divine fire in her had ceased, or atleast dimmed. Setydin followed the Spider's gaze to the outside of the Voidguard. Light emanated from here as well, and it took her a moment to see their source.

---

Sabt Golgo let the Mirrorborn approach the star-farers at their own leisure. Woven from the same hard light as the Ring, the Arks of Light waited for their crews in the recesses of the Voidguard structure, great hulks of vibrant life and deadly armaments. They would go where needed and carry out her will, crossing the void as it was a Despair sea.

---

2 Mighty Acts: Sabt Golgo creates the Arks of Light, great divine ships guided by thought. They contain more batteries of divine weapons as well as vast gardens and thought-altered homes for hundreds of crew and passengers, making them effectively self-sufficient. They are based in the Voidguard and will patrol throughout the universe, ready to combat anything Sabt Golgo decrees a threat to reality. Some are to be stationed permanently at the Prison as well.

The Arks will visit all mortal races and peoples of the universe they can get to and take any volunteer crew members or passengers on their journeys.

Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: March 13, 2013, 11:22:09 am »

Fatianna is quiet for some time, finally turning to face the Crow.

"I shall take my leave now, and search the planet for intelligent life or the like. I will also hide it from the eyes of the other gods soon enough, and then withdraw for a time, for I will need to put great thought into my next action. Thank you for agreeing to come with me, I suppose it would have gotten rather boring without some sort of help out here."

And so she ascends from the moon once more and into the night, making for the planet below. Her consciousness extends outward from herself, across the planet, searching for life, for any sign of civilization or the like upon the planet.

After some searching, she would assure herself that the planet, though inhabited, did not have sentient life upon it, and thus turned her gaze to the skies, vanishing and ascending to the system's star, floating near it, planning.

Stars are wonderful things, sources of power, huge balls of plasma in space, eternally burning with the fires of the nuclear fusion at their cores. And thus, their power would serve well for what she planned to do. She begins to gather her power, reaching out to the flames of the star to tie it into her working...

Space around her warps, threads of power swarming in front of her, reaching out into the night, glowing brilliantly enough to be seen from the Moon as they wrap around the star, forming a massive ring which encircles it completely, absorbing the burning plasma of its corona and processing it, bending the immense power of the star to her ends.

As soon as the ring activates, the sun would vanish, leaving a hole in the universe where it once was, the stars shining behind it. Then the first planet, and the second, the sphere of the effect expanding until it encompasses the whole of the solar system, hiding it from even Godly sight with the combined power of Her divine might and the power of the sun. Unbeknownst to those already in the system, the effect of the field would cause any mortal, excepting those specifically allowed by Fatianna, to forget all about where the system was located, including any relative information, upon leaving it.

Fatianna creates the Ring of Darkness, a ring-like structure which wraps around the epicenter of the star around which she and Corvus' planet orbits which emits a field which hides the system from all detection unless one physically enters it, and further erases all knowledge of the system's location from a mortal's mind when they leave it. This ring feeds on the stellar energy emitted by the star to power itself on top of the Act used to form it, and transmits any excess power to Fatianna. [1 Mighty Act]
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 04:36:56 pm by ragnarok97071 »
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: March 13, 2013, 11:24:59 am »

Corvus watched the Arks approach the Corvid Moon and land, paying some heed to the Elusive One as she left.

He went out into the city and saw several Crowborn attracted to it like flies, taking gear with them.

He looked at it, discerning it's purpose.
"They seem to be made for the material that...of course. Sabt Golgo is looking for soldiers.

I will provide."

He subtly influenced one Crowborn headed to the Arks to ask some of the Ravenguard to join.

Permit some of the Ravenguard and any Crowborn to join the Voidguard and board the Arks as they wish.

He turned to Aur-Sha, who had been standing behind the Crow for several minutes now.

"Aodun was..a fell beast, a gluttonous chaotic force who sought to eat all.

He was once made from order, but fell when he began consuming gods and was imprisoned by Taeri, the sleeping god.

He broke out, before rampaging throughout the universe and eating who or what he could. Nelkathar, the Mountain Drake, Vasvaldi, the Ancient of Eons, Qebeh, the stillborn god, and Gorgonoth, a god I cannot recall the name of, were consumed by him.

He was deemed a threat by all gods, and so every god, save Vanida and Magnus, marched upon Aodun to destroy him.

We obviously succeeded."

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: March 13, 2013, 12:55:12 pm »

While Udil-Volondor cleared the skies Vanida was left alone, to  remember all her deeds right from the beginning... And she didn't like her past life. Broken promises, egoism and uncontrolled, destructive passions

First one is lust. Her own nature that she didn't like anymore. She loved her husband more than her own life and yet she desired other creatures. Young strong dwarfs, few  women keeping the knowledge of the ancient art of Black Sisters, and Feros... young and passionate God that attracted her so much... But no she was determined to stay loyal to Volondor. At least now, when desire is controllable

Another her passion is wrath. It ended badly so many times. First it was Riat, she may hate Az-Sho as much as possible, but the truth was that she was guilty of starting that war. She started the war that killed so many mortals that believed in her...  And then that stupid attack on the giants. She gasped. The war haven't ended... Overfilled with love Vanida completely forgot about the events on Eversummer. She must stop it until it's too late

Vanida sent a mental order to her battling wyrms to retreat, retreat deep underground and then move under ocean floor and settle near underwater volcanoes (OOC: that's assuming that there are survivors... If not... tough luck for them... )

Then her mind wandered to mortals... She always claimed that she loved and cared about them but was that true? No... Now, when she learned what love is she could definitely say that. She enjoyed their existence, she appraised them, sometimes she was proud of them, but she never loved them. She didn't understand the real meaning of that  world

Many say that she is an awful mother. That's true. But still she couldn't understand why she should to care about some beings that raised inside her, drew her power and inflicted her pain should be more valuable for her than other mortals. Why should they deserve more love than other beings? Love... Lust is so pathetic comparing to that warm feeling of happiness. Vanida made her mind, she'll change herself from Goddess of Lust to Goddess of Beauty and Love, no matter how hard will it be. And it's time to show the world that she, Vanida is capable to Love

She decided to follow her husband's  example and claim to be a protector of another part of the planet. Ocean. On a first sunrise after the long night naked goddess entered into the sea and swam from Desolate to Shadelands calling for the souls of long dead  Kar'lan gathered in his halls and aiding them to run away well aware that this may insult the God of Death "Return, return, you, the ones who died in the seas, I Vanida, Former Goddess of Lust, Goddes of Love, Protector of the seas, Wife of Volondor call you, come home,  and Live in Peace with each other and Dwarven people and not forget to be grateful to the ones who protect you against the forces of destruction" That words weren't entirely true as she has yet to become the goddess of Love, but she wanted to be called like that even if she is far from reaching her goal

Along the path of the Red Goddess long dead creatures resurrected and came back to life, from lowly plankton to giant sharks, from brainless sponges to the wisest of the Squidlles received new, young and healthy body, familiar to the ones they had before but blessed with beauty and fertility. While Vanida wanted to revive only the creations of Murate, her call was that so strong that seaspawns, shades and even humans and dwarves that were unfortunate enough to die in the sea heared it.  In her current mood Goddess would never deny them their bodies... Seaspawns returned as improved, beautiful version of themselves, shades as a benevolent beings of healing light and dead sailors as a race of menfolks. finally she reached the Shadelands and felt the remains of the god Corvus treacherously killed, Despair required more protectors, more younger gods. but not Darkness, that world needed more light and a god that would be responsible for that could strengthen pantheon of her husband. She hoped that her love, something so close to light and bits of power she absorbed from the very bright Aodun and the shared delight of all mortals that witnessed the sun after a long period of darkness will aid her in that task

Mighty act: Bless the area between Desolate and Shadeland. Restore marine life in that area making it beautiful, fertile and benevolent. Resurrect all kinds of sentients (And aid their souls in running away from the afterlife)  in the sea of Vanida (yes, it's how I want it to be called) . In the end attempt to revive Aldemas as the God of Light as a part of all that mass resurrecting, using the fact that mortals are delighted to see sun again
« Last Edit: March 13, 2013, 05:43:39 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: March 13, 2013, 02:55:45 pm »

A voice called out addressing the Catalyst.  Language it recognized although uncertainly at first.
'Creatures, I would speak to the one who leads you. This world is under my protection and many others, and I would bid you state your purpose.'
Feros?  A faint memory from a life now gone.  Almost familiar but not quite.  He demands our purpose?  My purpose?  What right does he have to this knowledge?  Why protect a dead world filled with dying people?

We are the Catalyst but who are you and why do you protect a decaying world and it's dying people?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: March 13, 2013, 03:05:54 pm »

' To stop them dying. To help them grow. And so that I may enjoy the wilds through them, with it's constant flux and joy. My name though? It is Feros. I give you my aim, now tell me yours.'
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: March 13, 2013, 03:12:25 pm »

Our aim?  We have many...  Foremost there our certain needs of ours that need to be met.  Food in the oceans will sate us for now.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #689 on: March 13, 2013, 03:16:20 pm »

'For now? That does not sound good. but I will leave you for now. Do not harm this world, and I will make no move aginst you in that regard.'
Despite this truce, Feros was disturbed by this encounter. And so he took the snows of the North, and he put into them his power, so that they might help to defend it. He put power into the snows of the North so that they may form into solid shapes, from a single continent spanning shield, to a hail of icicles - attacking at his command, or at anything with openly hostile intentions. (1 Mighty Act)
This also gives him equal control over this part of the atmosphere as Udil.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:45:37 pm by sjm9876 »

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 61