Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 178798 times)

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #45 on: January 26, 2013, 05:55:06 pm »

If cutter is berserk, the elf and gobbo are probably done for already, and it's certain the military is headed to that location.

We might take advantage of the distraction to check out the barracks -- quickly -- and maybe get a helm, a pick, or a small weapon to protect ourselves in the future.  It would be nice to have more than that scarf between us and a bruised brain.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 26, 2013, 06:19:06 pm »

If cutter is berserk, the elf and gobbo are probably done for already, and it's certain the military is headed to that location.
All right, yeah. We can't deal with this any better then the military can. But our cell buddies needn't be dead. Observe:
Behind me I could hear him whaling on the other inmates as they screamed in terror...
He's not using a stabbing device; the dwarf is a liar. But he's obviously used to cutting so he probably doesn't pack too much of a punch. The elf is quick, and the gobbo might have some dodging skill from his military service. Unless the cutter gets lucky twice before the guards reach him, we'll have someone to return to.

We might take advantage of the distraction to check out the barracks -- quickly -- and maybe get a helm, a pick, or a small weapon to protect ourselves in the future.  It would be nice to have more than that scarf between us and a bruised brain.
Indeed it would. But this fortress probably has a bigger-then-three-dwarf military. Going there now isn't a good idea.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 06:23:32 pm by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #47 on: January 26, 2013, 06:34:41 pm »

Just to clarify things a bit-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Green x= meeting mr redpants
Room next to prison appears to be the wardens office
Blue arrow=Movement of warden and Co
Flowerpot=Flowerpot

Indeed it would. But this fortress probably has a bigger-then-three-dwarf military. Going there now isn't a good idea.
Not military but part of the law enforcement initiative.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 26, 2013, 07:05:42 pm »

Not military but part of the law enforcement initiative.
Either way, there is a good chance of armed dwarves in the barracks.

Let's first check out the rooms, then the big chamber next to the statue. The guards will probably be finished by then. Maybe we'll come across a stockpile, too. I'd suggest we take the mushroom from the pot, but that'll render the hiding place useless in the future.

Edit:
Maybe we can see if we're able to squeeze through the gap between the walls?
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 07:37:08 pm by AfellowDwarf »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 26, 2013, 09:17:53 pm »

Get into the living quarters and see if there is an updated map of the fort.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2013, 11:23:42 am »

If there is a window in one of the rooms, we could break it with our pipe, then tie one of the bigger shards to the pipe with our scarf, creating a makeshift spear. Alternatively, we could tie some heavy stone or metalcrafts to it and create a mace.

Edit: Maybe there is a bag in one of the rooms? We could fill the bag with heavy things, wrap it around the pipe and lenghten it by tying it to a piece of a bed(we'd break this off) to create a makeshift warhammer.

Edit2: If there is a wake dwarf in the room, we should tell him we're here to haul something. If there is a non-wake dwarf in the room, alone or with someone who cannot comunicate or give us hurt, we should give him the heaviest object we can find to the skull or the sharpest object to the throat (This would prevent him from screaming if we target the windpipe. Best wait to stab untill he breathes out.).

Edit3: Did one of the guards have a crossbow? If so, we should save some manner of pole. We could use a metal crossbow bolt to create a makeshift pick. A metal toy spear could also be used.

Edit4: We could also break off the pipe's sock entrance and create a blowgun. Maybe we could turn a bed into rough darts?
I should stop now.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 01:02:46 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2013, 07:50:22 pm »

After a couple of minutes of hiding I had grown quite fond of the pot and felt no desire to leave. However I was once again pested by the strange voices, telling me to do this and that. Soon I'd left my newfound but cozy home and set of on a new adventure, wonder what new insanities they've got for me today...
Breaking in to someone's house? Now that's taking it too far! Smoking socks and throwing stuff at criminals is one thing but...these are regular dwarfs with normal lives!
Why do I even try? I muttered followed by a nervous sighing... :-\
The door wasn't even locked so breaking in turned out to be a big success. Time to sneak...
I managed to finda pair of old loafers with holes in them...
-Put 'em in your bag.
And so I did.
Next up there was a small sack of chestnuts leaned aginst the wall...
-Put 'em in your bag.
And so I did.
There didn't appear to be anything else around light enough to carry...except for a dead moth...
-Put 'em in your bag.
What!? Why?
Just do it!
well...ok...

Suddently out of nowhere one of the voices started ranting about ways to turn my pipe into potential weapons.
I tried to calm it down but it didn't work at all, soon we were caught up in a heated argument about wether a pipe would make sort of an adequate weapon or not.
Before I knew it I stood there screaming insults at myself...
In someone else's house...
Which I was in the process of robbing...
!
Suddently I hear someone faintly calling from the next room-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Alright....uhhm...gotta think quick...

Perhaps I should say that I was just looking for the brewery and ended up in here by mistake...
or ask her if she has an updated map of the fort...
but what if she's a snitch! Then we have to dispatch of her while we still hold the element of surprise!
or...anything really.

So what do we say?

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2013, 08:00:40 pm »

I'm hiding from some crazy dwarf who tried rubbing boogers and blood into my beard.  Now I'm looking for a disguise or a weapon to defend myself.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2013, 08:03:16 pm »

I'm here to haul a plump helmet spawn Is this even the right place?
If yes,
Take the spawn and thank her for her time, then leave.

If not,
Ask if she has a spare map we could borrow, so we don't get lost again. Offer some coins if she turns out to be greedy.

We shouldn't make an attempt at her life. We won't be able to kill her before she screams.

I'm hiding from some crazy dwarf who tried rubbing boogers and blood into my beard.  Now I'm looking for a disguise or a weapon to defend myself.
What would keep her from calling the guards in this scenario?

Edit:
Breaking in to someone's house? Now that's taking it too far! Smoking socks and throwing stuff at criminals is one thing but...these are regular dwarfs with normal lives!
So was the asscrack dwarf. Don't tell me you didn't enjoy the idea of him burning.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 08:09:34 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 27, 2013, 08:19:03 pm »

I'm all for the "Got lost" excuse.  this out-of-date map isn't just slightly impaired, it's downright dangerous, and at least getting a few important changes to the fortress marked on it would be nice for us.  If we were caught rifling through things, we can claim we were looking for a newer map to reference.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 27, 2013, 10:18:03 pm »

Got lost.
This room looks an awful lot like our own room.
Sorry for the intrusion.
Do you have a spare map?

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 27, 2013, 10:55:45 pm »

I just noticed something. Take a look at the facts:

She's sitting at a wooden table, on a wooden chair. Her cabinet is made out of wood, as is her picture frame and candle holder. This room couldn't be less dwarfish if it tried.

Her haircut conveniently hides her ears, and according to our map this room shouldn't be here in the first place. We also found a sack of chestnuts. These are fruits from abovegrounds.

This woman.. She's an elven spy.

Tell her we know she's an elf, and that no-one needs to know if she coöperates.

Edit: Maybe we could recruit her into some sort of resistance movement. But let's check out her intentions first.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 11:19:26 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 28, 2013, 12:12:22 am »

Of course, elves abhor dwarf-made wooden products.  The wooden furniture might be the product of a fortress deliberately thumbing its nose at the elves... at which point accusing her of being an elf would be a problem.

At the very least, we need to wait until we get a clear glance at those ears.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 28, 2013, 12:16:35 am »

Excuse yourself and claim the map you had brought you to a small storeroom. If she offers a better map or can point out what is where on your map then perfect. Don't kill her unless you wish to have dwarven justice brought about on your beard.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 28, 2013, 12:20:05 am »

Of course, elves abhor dwarf-made wooden products.  The wooden furniture might be the product of a fortress deliberately thumbing its nose at the elves... at which point accusing her of being an elf would be a problem.
There is no telling that these products were dwarf-made. She might have made them herself or smuggled them. They might have been lying in a depot somewhere as spoils of elf-dwarf warfare. And stick it-to-the-elves furniture in private dwarven homes, but not in the elf populated prison or at the elf-viewed fort entrance? Come on.

At the very least, we need to wait until we get a clear glance at those ears.

If she is a spy, she won't let us get a clear glance. We need to take innitiative.
Edit: Heck, she might even have had them(or maybe just the pointy parts) cut off and eaten. Oldest trick in the book.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 12:25:24 am by AfellowDwarf »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 90