Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 178160 times)

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #75 on: January 30, 2013, 06:08:40 pm »

As long as the Pipe Smoking Dwarf isn't an informant of some sort, we'll be fine.  And if he is, there probably won't be trouble unless an underground member speaks up right here and now.

If he speaks up, and manages to get away that is. If he does, we can always gather some dimble cups, blood or other colorfull substances and die our hair. We won't have any trouble hiding our identity ourselves; we simply pick the snot out of our beard.

Edit:
I say we tell a... colored version of our history.  Clearly, we're the only survivor of our old fort, and that's a story worth telling.
Won't that reveal that we're migrants? I mean, we need to stay out of slave labour.
The woman we almost robbed deduced we were a migrant, and seemed to consider being found by the authorities to be a non-issue.  I don't like it, but at least 'round these parts, being a known migrant is more likely to help us than hurt us: individuals will assume we're faction-undecided, should factions exist.

Plus, the way the barman introduced us, all we need to do is clean our beard to be 'disguised' -- which we should get around to doing sooner rather than later anyway.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 30, 2013, 06:13:37 pm »

The woman we almost robbed deduced we were a migrant, and seemed to consider being found by the authorities to be a non-issue.  I don't like it, but at least 'round these parts, being a known migrant is more likely to help us than hurt us: individuals will assume we're faction-undecided, should factions exist.
Good point. We really need to join or form the dwarf underground.

Plus, the way the barman introduced us, all we need to do is clean our beard to be 'disguised'
I agree wholeheartedly.

Edit:
If we need another disguise, we can put the chestnuts in our beard and tell people we're nutbeard; snotbeard is our evil twin.(or vice versa)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 06:25:51 pm by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 30, 2013, 06:42:02 pm »

Tell the truth or as close to it as you can get without seeming like a coward and for goodness sake clean that beard!

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 30, 2013, 06:52:01 pm »

Please for the sake of self respect and some sense of dignity, clean the beard.
Like that's more important then an unique look. But if we do clean our beard, we should put the boogers in bag in case we need them later. And are you sure we should groom ourselves in public? We might come off as a dwarf obsessed with their looks.

If I had snot dripping down my face I would remove it, not feel concerned over whether removing it would make others consider me to be obsessed with my appearances.

I'm all for a unique look; I was the one who suggested we grab the scarf and wear it around our face and sneak around like a ninja.  I just don't want our unique image to be "snotbeard."
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2013, 07:02:11 pm »

If I had snot dripping down my face I would remove it, not feel concerned over whether removing it would make others consider me to be obsessed with my appearances.
Perhaps, but this is not dripping snot, merely dry chunks.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 07:58:35 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2013, 07:57:39 pm »

I set up a new poll but I might not be able to make an update as I'll be moving. (Finally moving out of my ex-gfs appartment :D)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2013, 08:00:06 pm »

Don't worry, we'll be able to make it without our fill. Hey, how about we find someone on the street and pretend we're the voices in his head?

Also, you made option 6   5 rather tempting.

(Not that I really mind, but I adviced against meeting with the shady character. I just thought it'd be wise to smoke if we did.)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 08:07:18 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2013, 08:05:04 pm »

Don't worry, we'll be able to make it without our fill. Hey, how about we find someone on the street and pretend we're the voices in his head?

Also, you made option 6 rather tempting.

(Not that I really mind, but I adviced against meeting with the shady character. I just thought it'd be wise to smoke if we did.)
Fixd
also...there are only 5 options o______O

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2013, 08:07:43 pm »

also...there are only 5 options o______O
Whoops. Fixed that, then.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2013, 10:18:03 pm »

We should take advantage that the conversation is about introductions and ask about the remaining dwarf in the back.
use the snortdorf thing as an excuse to get to the bathroom well-room and clean the beard, while there overhear the converstions outside
Then ask about the last bastion of hope thing.
continue with our story omitting the coward part and colouring it just a little bit, make sure not to say something stupid we might end up finding another survivor who would dismiss our story if it's too fantastic, maybe just saying "my fort was overrun by goblins, I was lucky to get trapped during the confusion and the goblins couldn't find me" then talk about your adventures on the wilderness.
Maybe buying a round of ale for everybody will help us getting into their good side, and make our adventures more believable.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 10:21:51 pm by Kaos »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2013, 09:57:13 am »

Maybe buying a round of ale for everybody will help us getting into their good side, and make our adventures more believable.
Perhaps, but at the 3 coins per ale rate, we've got enough money to ale six dwarves. If you don't count the shady man and the alchoholically incapitated, there's still seven men in the room.(Hmm, maybe if we count the short guy as half, but I don't know if he'd appreciate it.)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 10:23:55 am by AfellowDwarf »

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2013, 11:24:09 pm »

Perhaps, but at the 3 coins per ale rate, we've got enough money to ale six dwarves. If you don't count the shady man and the alchoholically incapitated, there's still seven men in the room.(Hmm, maybe if we count the short guy as half, but I don't know if he'd appreciate it.)
stupid maths always ruining my schemes!

By the way was I the only one who thought about Samurai X and Cowboy Beebop when seeing the canteen image?

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2013, 09:25:54 am »

stupid maths always ruining my schemes!

I feel your pain.

Edit:
You know, we could pray that the brewster will make us work off our debt by brewing. But there is an equal chance we'll be thrown in prison with two angry sentivores, and possibly a dwarf that begrudges us.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:36:45 am by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2013, 12:28:48 pm »

By the way was I the only one who thought about Samurai X and Cowboy Beebop when seeing the canteen image?
What's a canteen? ???
What's Samurai x? ???
I like the music from Cowboy Bebop but I've never watched the show... :-\

Well, finally done moving...phew.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2013, 05:42:20 pm »

I began telling the story of how the outpost Rocklod met its demise, about how I was trapped during the invasion and about how the goblins already had left when I finally managed to dig my way out.
At this point Brewster had already gone through half a barrel of ale and began pouring his third mug of rum.
I countinued with attempting to describe the hardships I had experienced during my many days of traveling, Brewster claimed that it was a 2 week trip for a full expedition with packanimals and seemed suprised that I managed the enitire trip on my own. As I got to the part about Blackgate I attempted to withheld some of the information that could some how compromise my current situation.
Brewster seemed to have read my intentions quite accuratly and began talking about the fort while repeadatly spilling his drinks on me.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

- Aye, that be the warden ya shaw for shure. Ya now that Shilwerdrop ish quite a shucceshful fort arright? Here ya could make a fortune in a week...if ure the right dorf that ish. The richer thish plashe got the more migrantsh came here lookin' for a better life, and shoon there wash too many of em'  buggersh. At firsht the nobelsh wanted to do like them shouthern dorfsh, jusht shticking all the migrantsh in a hole with goblinsh and wolvesh and all kinda horrible shtuff. The intershting part 'bout the way 'em shoutern dorfsh do thingsh ish that only one of 'em ish allowed to leave, so letsh say theyve killed all the bad shtuff then they gotta kill eachother eh.
* Brewster misses his mouth and pours a mug of ale into his beard*
-Well...then there wash thish other guy who had a better idea, letsh not washte any good dorfsh who can work! or somethin' he shaid. Hish plan wash to have the migrantsh work for free and givin' them a room and a bit-o food in return, in the end he managed to convinshe the othersh. But his plan washnt perfect...pretty shoon some migranth got mad and started a riot. The guy wash killed in the riot...but thish is where shtuff got bad...before anyone coud react the warden had taken over the whole operathion. Shome even claim he shtarted the riot. With the fortsh garde behind him and a noble title he was untouchable, what more ish that he abushed hish military powersh to forbid the dorfsh under his rule from leavin'.
*To add effect to the last statement Brewster slams the table with his halffull mug, filling the air around us with hundreds of tiny ale-drops.*
Realizing his mistake Brewster throws me a handkerchief that that look like it might've been chewed on by a dog or something. He throws it quite poorly and misses by multiple urists.

As I pick it up from the floor I realize that I've been presented with a golden opportunity to clean my beard, as I manage to scrape off the last piece I quickly shoot a quick stare in Brewster's direction. Seems like he didn't notice.
He also appears to have lost all interest in the story as he is now putting together a complicated drink with as much precision as a miner tunneling under magma, many of the bottles contained liquids which I couldn't even identify. One second he is pouring in some milkwhite spirit surrounded by the air of a crisp wintermorning and then the next he's putting a deep brown rum ablaze. While we had been talking it seemed like some people had left the brewery, Onil & Okod were nowhere to be found aswell as Merud ad Lora. Razor had sunken deep into his ale and it was hard to tell if he was sleeping or not. Must be getting late...
I felt tempted to go for another drink but as my funds are quite limited to say the least perhaps I should head back home instead?

Soooo...
Do we go for another round of drinks, keep on asking people about stuff, go back to the room or head to some other part of the fort?

Oh and I forgot to say this earlier but Tevish you're fckn brilliant, your analyses are almost always spot on. Either my storytelling is very predictable or you've got some skill. :P

« Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 08:30:08 pm by slowpokez »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 90