Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 178155 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #120 on: February 05, 2013, 02:53:07 pm »

If anyone asks about that "Glittering Caves" thing, we can claim that as the last survivor of our old fort, we are naturally its lord, and will reclaim it some day.

1+

And my axe!
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #121 on: February 05, 2013, 04:55:27 pm »

-Uhhmm....my name... ehh...

What was my name...?
Your old name is long lost.
What do you mean?
You now call yourself Nerin, Lord of the Glittering Caves.

-I go by the name of Nerin, Lord of the Glittering Caves!
-Plschh! *Esmar spits out the remainder of her drink*
-What...
-Oh heh, it's just...you didn't really strike me as a Nerin, Lord of the Glittering Caves kinda dwarf...
-Uhhmm....usually just Nerin for short...

What the crap was all that about? Why did you pick such an ambitious name!?
Shut up, it's excellent.

-Heheh, guess you're better off that way.

What now? I've never been good at talking with girls and right now I suffer from a severe case of insanity combined with a long period of complete isolation....
Dude We've got this!

-Nah it's an excellent name and you know what? It doubles as an euphemism.
-...! And it's a euphemism for what exactly?
-Oh, but we barely know eachother! ;)

*mental facepalm* What are you doing!?
Relax, go and get some more beer and while you're up there you might aswell ask the fat guy for a job.
What...

-Are you drunk?
-Of course! I'm a dwarf what'd you expect? Wait here I'll go get another round!
-o____O'

My money!
You greedy bastard, what's the point of money if you are not going to use it?
uhhm...but...
Shut up!

-Hey Brewster...another round please.
-Aye ya lil' bastard, commin' right up!  But wait com'n taste thish first, it'sh my latesht experiment!
*I grab the cup and watch it's content anxiously...*
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I take a sip but I'm instantly about to throw up, I can't tell if it's the taste or the sheer amount of alcohol. The texture was extremely strange aswell, one could descibe it as a mix between a syrup stew and a raw egg.
Luckily I manage to hide my disgust and when Brewster asks for my opinion I burst out something about it being okay but a bit rough.
-Ahhh well Shnotbeard my friend I guesshh you're jusht too much of a lightweight to really appreciate the raw tashte of the Monarch Butterfly!
-It's actually Nerin...Lord of....sigh...Lord of the Glittering Caves.
-Bwahahaha, what a name ey!
-Yes, yes but...I'm kind of looking for work at the moment...and I thought maybe I could work here?
-What!? Trying to take my job are we now? :P
-No not at all! I was thinking more of a...uhhm
What's the plan here?
Barmaid.
-a uhhm...barmaid?
-Bwahahaha, you're a funny one Shnotbeard but unfortunatly you do not really have the titsh for the job.
-Oh...I'm sorry...
-Cmon matey, what'sh up with that shad face o-yours? Lishten here, maybe ya could come 'round later thish week and do shome cleanin' or shomtin'? That ish of courshe if I manage to remember it.
-I won't disappoint.
*Grab the beer and get over to the table*

That was a complete failure!
No...just a little bit...
You're making me look like a fool in front of everyone! Bar-maid!? Why!?
Now you're just overreacting, drink your beer and you'll feel better.

I still felt a bit akward just sitting there talking especially considering the fact that I had to rely on the stupid voices to come up with dialogue. But it accually got easier as we got drunker and after a while she was even laughing at the horrible jokes, before I knew it she began telling tales of her travels as an "adventurer". Most of them took place at the coast next to the Red isles but some went as far as to the Frozen hills of the south. Some of the stories were quite thrilling involving things like goblin ambushes or carps and they were generally centered around a pack of four dwarves. They choose a destination but no goal and then attempt to gather as many riches as possible along the way, sometimes it was accually quite heroic stuff-saving towns and such but generally they'd just rob some poor elves of all their belongings.

Ok! what's next?

@Tevish Szat. It's cool that you can predict all that's going to happen but...why did you have post it when I had already made the update :'( Massive spoilers!

Also can we try and come to some sort of a conclusion? I'm kinda tired of drawing this bloody brewery...

alonard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: February 05, 2013, 11:38:13 pm »

ok that was a complete bust now we need to think of some plan for the next few day. maybe try to get closer to our drinking buddy as into her room, not only we'll have a safe place to stay but we might also take a few elven crafts and what not to sell and get more money.

Oi body next time offer a few drinks to the barman before actually trying to get anything out of him of course we aint got the tits he's sober (somewhat)

also why are there are guards in the bar?

anthony62490

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: February 06, 2013, 04:35:11 am »

why are there are guards in the bar?
Guards like a good drink too, I imagine.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: February 06, 2013, 07:42:23 am »

How about we offer to bring back Razor to his room? That's our excuse to leave, right there, and he might not notice if a few small items go mising(we also get an excuse to explore the fort for a b). He might even have a map we can copy. If not, ask the pipedwarf for the price of a new map.

We're going to need money at some point, and cleaning the brewstry won't feed us. We could team up with the prisoners and kill a miner for their pick(rock crafts and getting rid of those pesky walls).(Wrestle him? Sharp rocks?)
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Brewster

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: February 06, 2013, 07:52:16 am »

Explain you don't have a bed, and if she lets you come to her place. Get Lucky!  8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18TLHhhHZCA

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: February 06, 2013, 08:33:38 am »

Dangit brewster, we set the wrong bed aflame!

Edit:
We could tell her our bed was light aflame by someone's sock for unknown reasons of course.(and light ours retroactively) Still, I'd prefer to free the prisoners and go loot some victims in dark corners.

Edit2:
We could use the loafers as an excuse to find out where their refuse stockpile is. We can get stuff there for free.

Edit3:
There are guards in this bar, so it's not suitable as a resistance base of operations. We need to find another place.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 03:01:10 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #127 on: February 06, 2013, 03:12:08 pm »

Explain you don't have a bed, and if she lets you come to her place. Get Lucky!  8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=18TLHhhHZCA
xD

It seems as if the honey badgers won a decisive victory.
Can't say that I'm surprised.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4r7wHMg5Yjg

Anyone got sort of an opinion on how the story works at the moment? Voting system a bit flawed? Too much text? Perhaps the inner dialogue is hard to follow?

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: February 06, 2013, 03:49:13 pm »

It's all fine happy, thank you for asking  ;) As long as you can draw what we vote.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: February 06, 2013, 04:17:30 pm »

Well, I did have a little trouble telling yellow and white apart in the last update, but I think it's fine. Perhaps you could use a different font or something to tell the voices apart from Nerin LotGC? I imagine they might have disagreements at some point.

Also: Badgers are murdering machines, designed to bring terror upon dwarves. Hippo's are walking humps of meat.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 04:26:25 pm by AfellowDwarf »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: February 06, 2013, 04:38:03 pm »

Does the current vote have anything to do with the story?

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: February 06, 2013, 05:08:39 pm »

Yes. Badger/Hippo is a common methaphor for a specific moral choice involving weither or not you leave an old poll on top of your thread.

Edit:
We could try to leave this hellhole with esmer in a couple of weeks, but I feel uneasy about leaving brewster to his fate. Maybe dig an escape tunnel, kidnap him and catch up with Norede later?
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 05:47:12 pm by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2013, 06:26:37 pm »

Hmm...At this point I've completly left the talking to the voices, there wasn't really any point to try and keep up. With my mind caught in a drunken haze I slowly drift away...many questions come to me but few awnsers...
What are these voices? Repressed aspects of my personality? Some strange magic? I really am insane...
What am I doing here in this fort where I know noone and where I can't seem to walk a single urist before getting into trouble?
Am I drinking beer or ale? I don't know anymore!
I better check on what kind of trouble the voices are getting me into now...

-...and that'sh how I firsht met Likot and Ray heh.

-What fckn coincidence eh?
-Yea heh...guessh I got a bit lucky there. hick
-I forgot to ask earlier where do you live?
-What heh...you can't just go up to a lady ask 'er where she live. hick. That'sh a bit cheeky even for you :P
-Oh no don't get me wrong! A gentledwarf like m'self wouldn't have such vulgar intentions. I merely assumed that you were in a state in which you'd have trouble gettting home on your own. ;D
-Hehheh, well thing ish that I don't really have a place here, you know with the traveling and all that. Don't really like getting stuck in one place...
-And ya call ya'self a dwarf!
-...I'm jusht shtaying at Lora'sh place for the time bein' heh.
-Well let's get going then!

As I leave Brewster looks in my direction and makes a wierd face...I assume he tried to wink at me but...

What are you guys up to!?
Don't worry all the time.
You're putting me in a very troublesome situation here...
We're getting real tired of your complaining.
But...

Lora's residence was located at the north-west corner of the market, apparantly the map didn't include any personal rooms.
-G'night Glittering Cave...-whatever. hick
-Oh yea just one more thing...
-Huh?
-The thing is...I don't really have a place to stay at the moment...so...
-I'm sorry but ya know this aint my place heh.
-Don't worry I don't mind sharin' a bed!
What!
-What!
- ;D
-Hahhahhehehe, feel at home heh.

What the fuck! For the love of Armok what are you doing!
Yes?
You can't just...
Have fun? Attempt to do useful things? What was so great about your previous life huh? You did nothing! You were the biggest nobody to ever walk on dwarven soil! Be grateful that we're helping you get on track here.
But...but...I'm not that comfortable around girls...
...Dude, get your act together!

At this point things got painfully embarrassing, not only was my "performace" lacking at best but I was continuously tormented by the comments of the voices. Really the only redeeming factor was the fact all of the "participants" were exceedingly intoxicated.
But it got better as we switched positions, with her on top my impression on the whole deal changed immensely.
I guess being crazy isn't as bad as it seems huh...

Next morning I was thrown out onto the street by a very hungover Esmar whom just moments ago had been attempting to explain to Nora why she brought home "Snotbeard". Guess that's what Brewster meant by her being a tad unpredictable...

My mind is still bit of a blur...How many coins do I have left?
Where should I go now...?

Yes. Badger/Hippo is a common methaphor for a specific moral choice involving weither or not you leave an old poll on top of your thread.
It's also a great methafor for life.

Finally out of this bloody brewery!

As the badgers got a video to demonstrate their victory I guess it's only fair that the hippos get something to represent their crushing defeat.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=36256.msg3490899#msg3490899
« Last Edit: February 06, 2013, 06:29:22 pm by slowpokez »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: February 06, 2013, 06:38:50 pm »

:) ??? :o  ;D
Ah whatever, I recommend we check what we have to make sure nothings' missing and then look around for an opportunity to earn some money.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 06, 2013, 07:49:12 pm »

Haha great facial expression on our guy
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 90