Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 178790 times)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #210 on: February 14, 2013, 03:47:37 pm »

I know, I know. Just saying.
There should be an option to go on break for few months, then throw a party near a statue of dwarves being eaten by FB... ya know, for "DF feel".
Problem with that is that we can't sustain ourselves for that long without doing work.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: February 14, 2013, 06:22:18 pm »

Go back to the prison and save our comerades:
The more helpers, the better. We'll also get access to elven skills(Hugging trees into items, riskless animal training) and gobbo skills(Basic military skills, brainwashing and kidnapping). The elf also presents us an opportunity to bring the wrath of the elven forest retreats upon the warden. And the both of them ar sentivores, allowing us to dispose of evidence easily.

This idea is exceedingly entertaining.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: February 14, 2013, 06:41:05 pm »

This idea is exceedingly entertaining.
Eh, I've been putting thought into what to do with the elf and goblin ever since we were introduced to the prison.

The biggest problem with this plan is the elf, with his elven ethics and all. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I recall that elves find it unacceptable to lie. Would this include:

• The use of exact words? 'Are you a dwarf?' -'Well, I sure look like one.'
  • Telling the truth in a humorous tone?
  • Not speaking at all, and having someone else tell others that you cannot speak?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2013, 07:31:06 pm by AfellowDwarf »

alonard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: February 15, 2013, 04:29:11 am »

we can always just feed his tongue to the gobbo and be done with it, as far as i know the only once with a hand language are drow so we'll be safe.

well it looks like some suicidal voices has woken up and want the nobles to help them in their quest, i say we help them instead :D

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: February 15, 2013, 07:04:29 am »

we can always just feed his tongue to the gobbo and be done with it, as far as i know the only once with a hand language are drow so we'll be safe.
Untill we want him to blab about our fort's misdeeds to his forest retreat brothers. Then we're in trouble. Either they won't be able to understand him, or he'll be able to tell them we muliated him to stop him from interfering when we went against his ethics.

If we're going to visit the nobles, we had better disguise ourselves. In a more convincing manner, this time. If things go bad, we can take off the disguise in private. If things go well, by some miracle, we can take it off in public. I suggest we pull our beard through our earring and wear our hair in a parting. Maybe wrap our traveling coat around our waist?

Edit: We could rub mud or charcoal in our beard, and ask for soap if we're believed.

Edit2: If we do go to the prison, we should bring a knapped stone as well, or something sharp we come across. We'll need to cut some hair.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 08:14:26 am by AfellowDwarf »

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #215 on: February 15, 2013, 08:17:33 am »

Hmmm...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: February 15, 2013, 08:35:38 am »

We should put away the scarf, I think. It stands out too much. Other then that, I think this could be a rather decent disguise, so long as someone we'd hide from doesn't see us up close.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: February 15, 2013, 12:14:04 pm »

Couldn't we ask our sponsors for some redroot dye to dye our beard, hair and eyebrows red, and to lend us a long coat and a hood, for our disguise?

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: February 15, 2013, 02:02:41 pm »

Couldn't we ask our sponsors for some redroot dye to dye our beard, hair and eyebrows red, and to lend us a long coat and a hood, for our disguise?
Without leaving suspicion, of course. Good thing we know redroot dye is something you can wash out, too.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #219 on: February 16, 2013, 07:58:51 am »

After the explanation my situation felt more hopeless then ever...
Does it mean that I'm doomed to one day surrender and accept the terms of the warden? Or should I leave while I still can?
But the voices had another plan in mind. They wanted me to extend the use of my "lost fort leader roll" and look up the mayor to inform him of Rocklod's demise. It was a risky plan( I knew very little of the nobles) so I had to prepare some sort of disguise...however my funds were limited to say the least.
As I took my leave I asked Gulog for some dye, he looked strangly at me for a moment only to leave for a few seconds. When he returned he gave me a small pouch filled with a deep red coloured powder, he also threw me a bag of flour and mumbled something 'bout how I "hit my head while falling down some stairs".

Under the instructions of the paranoid voice I tried my best to alter my appearance, rearanged my hair, dyed it red tried to dye it red, attempted to pull my beard through the earring but as it didn't fit I had to go for some strange hybrid and then finally I tied my old traveling coat around my waist.

Then I headed off towards the nobles quarters, I didn't know exactly where it was but the map gave me a rough idea. The streets were very crowded so getting anywhere involved a lot of pushing and shoving. But as I got closer to my destination the masses began thinning out slightly, suddently it was all quiet but for a hauler moving a quirking wheelbarrow filled with expensive drinks. The room I had entered had impressivly high ceiling, streching perhaps three or four stories up into the air. In the center of the room stood a massive staue, it portrayed a warrior of some sort...wierd part is that it didn't look very dwarven.

Rocklod- the fort where I came from- wasn't a wealthy fort by any strech of the imagination, all the noble titles we had was only there for show. Our mayor did as much hauling as the next dawrf and you could often see the bookkeeper working out on the fields. The world I had now been thrown into was beyond my imagination. I had never felt so out of place, every single dwarf was covered in expensive silk and many carried their wheight in gold and prescious stones.
I felt the sweat dripping down my back... Everyone gave me such dismissive stares.... I...I don't know if I can do this...

« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 08:00:24 am by slowpokez »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: February 16, 2013, 08:17:41 am »

Try to find a small, weak dwarf alone and put the flour bag over their head while they're not looking. Smoke the sock, give it a few good puffs and light the dwarf on fire.

He's just anxious becouse he's the center of attention. If that stops being him and starts being a young dwarf on fire, he'll be able to relax.

Edit:
Alternatively, kiss the ass of the stupidest noble we can find untill it shines. (Viguratively speaking, probably.) If we've got a friend to walk with, the other nobles might leave us alone.

Edit2:
Also, we should wipe our sweat to the dwarf's cape when no one is looking.

Edit3:
We should get a cape so we stand out less and feel prettier. I say we get a white one with a leather picture of ourselves on it, if we get fort-leader privileges.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 01:54:28 pm by AfellowDwarf »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: February 16, 2013, 03:12:21 pm »

Nerin, of all the people in your fort, you were the only one who managed to survive till the end, even goblins couldn't get you. You made a trip here to this place that even a group of seven dwarves with full provisions would have a hard time doing. Talking to simple nobles (who from how things look, they have never touched a wheelbarrow in their lives much less survived a goblin attack) is nothing compared to what you've managed to accomplish so far.

Try to find a small, weak dwarf alone and put the flour bag over their head while they're not looking. Smoke the sock, give it a few good puffs and light the dwarf on fire.

Nothing says I need medical help better than setting a noble on fire.

Tevish Szat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:diabolical schemes]
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: February 16, 2013, 03:36:03 pm »

Nerin, of all the people in your fort, you were the only one who managed to survive till the end, even goblins couldn't get you. You made a trip here to this place that even a group of seven dwarves with full provisions would have a hard time doing. Talking to simple nobles (who from how things look, they have never touched a wheelbarrow in their lives much less survived a goblin attack) is nothing compared to what you've managed to accomplish so far.
I agree.  We picked a powerful, imposing name.  We should work ourselves into a powerful, imposing person.

I'd suggest requesting a full run of supplies and a party of seven dwarves we hand-pick to reclaim... but slowpokez has put a LOT of work into THIS fort, so for meta reasons if nothing else I'm not eager to suggest leaving it too soon.

If we need a stated goal, though, "gearing and Planning reclaim mission" isn't a bad one.
A medium-sized humanoid fond of fantasy and science-fiction.

Tevish Szat likes books, computers, board games, and cats for their aloofness. When possible, he prefers to consume hamburgers and macaroni and cheese. He needs caffeine to get through the working day.

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #223 on: February 16, 2013, 03:37:48 pm »

I'd suggest requesting a full run of supplies and a party of seven dwarves we hand-pick to reclaim... but slowpokez has put a LOT of work into THIS fort, so for meta reasons if nothing else I'm not eager to suggest leaving it too soon.
Dude, I've got an entire world map :P

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: February 16, 2013, 03:39:01 pm »

Oh, right. We need to motivate him.

Nerin, you should realize our power over you. This is not a descision I agree with, but the court's descisions will not be ignored. I swear to you: if you do not comply, we will make you eat your own feces for the rest of your life.

@Reclaim
If we get the elves to help us take over this fort, we could do a cross-racial reclaim on our old one. Maybe we can kidnap a few gobbo's to come along as well.

Edit:
Boy, this was one tough poll to choose from.

Edit2:
Nothing says I need medical help better than setting a noble on fire.
Hey, you were the one to suggest we talk with the nobles, we might as well take it to the next level.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2013, 04:14:12 pm by AfellowDwarf »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 90