Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 178157 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #225 on: February 16, 2013, 10:06:38 pm »

This one thinks the voices boosting confidence should be... ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 16, 2013, 10:56:12 pm »

This one thinks the voices boosting confidence should be... ASSUMING DIRECT CONTROL.

(Un?)Fortunately all we say are simply thoughts and do not necessarily become actions until/unless he so chooses to do so.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 17, 2013, 06:24:53 am »

(Un?)Fortunately all we say are simply thoughts and do not necessarily become actions until/unless he so chooses to do so.
The more of us that say something, or the louder we say it, the harder it is for him to resist, however.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

slowpokez

• Bay Watcher
  • B12's Department Head of Arts & Recreation
    • View Profile
    • Cloudsprite
« Reply #228 on: February 17, 2013, 10:08:10 am »

What am I doing here? In clean halls filled with goldstudded furniture, amongst soapsmelling dwarves covered in outworldly jewelry, hearing their affected laughs around me...
But what am I really?
A peasant...A filthy peasant...An insane filty peasant....
I can't stay here....

Suddently the paranoid one spoke up.
Nerin, you should realize our power over you. This is not a descision I agree with, but the court's descisions will not be ignored. I swear to you: if you do not comply, we will make you eat your own feces for the rest of your life.

You can't...you...
What has my life become...

But the paranoid was not alone.
Nerin, of all the people in your fort, you were the only one who managed to survive till the end, even goblins couldn't get you. You made a trip here to this place that even a group of seven dwarves with full provisions would have a hard time doing. Talking to simple nobles (who from how things look, they have never touched a wheelbarrow in their lives much less survived a goblin attack) is nothing compared to what you've managed to accomplish so far.

I realised that not only did I not have a choice but maybe...just maybe...it could work.
No turning back now, I swallowed my doubts and mustered up what little courage I had left in me.

But I only managed to walk a few steps before a young dwarf approached me, he was wearing a somewhat obnoxious attire and a stupid smile to match it. Everyting looked very expensive and pompous but was horribly ill-fit. In his trail was a old dirty dwarf that seemed even more out of place then me.
-Hey, peasant!
-Awnser me, peasant!
-Who the f'ck would you be?
-Excuse me!?
-Scampers hit it!

What!? Are they gonna fight me!? wait.... what...

The old dirty dwarf named someting like scampers suddently burst out into song-
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Tis' the story 'bout
A vice-count so proud 'n stout
Tis' the story 'bout
The guy who make the ladies scream n shout
They call him vice-count -tshhh
All the girls he sieze' with ease' before he leaves'
They call- call- call him vice-count cooool
No trix no fix he's everywhere'
all the way from Blackgate, Verengard to Nulcastair'
But beware he fights like noone else'
Doesnt matter if you're dwarven, human or an elf'
When he's around you gotta' watch ur'self!
And you wouldn't believe his fame'
Noone in the kingdom doesn't know his name'
Listen up you fooooool'
now you know story 'bout Ironion- wait I meant vice-count coooool'

-Oh, Scampers you blew my cover, said Ironion with a big grin.

I just stood there slightly impressed by scampers preformance but mostly disgusted by the horrible song....

-The real question here peasant is-Who the f*ck are you? wait no....that doesnt matter....Why aren't you working?
-Ah I came here to talk to the mayor, you see I'm the last survivor of Rocklod.
-...so...You're basically running from the warden?

-Nooo...
-Hah, just remember this- It's not the warden you should watch out for it's the mayors advisor.
-Never even heard of the dorf.

*Ironion's grin widened and he gave me a gruesome stare*
-Few people know him and even fewer would ever want to meet him, it is said that he is a ruthless bastard and that he may slay a fellow dwarf without hesitation. The legend even claims that can rip out the very souls of his victims *makes a spooky noise*
I've never seen him but they say that one of his arms is as black as the darkest winter night and that his mind is yet darker. tooooo spooooooky..
o_____O'
Uhmm I think I'll leave this nuthead...right guys?
Put him on fire and wipe your back-sweat on him!
No.....just no....

Keep on going or hang out with Scampers and Co?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 12:13:46 pm by slowpokez »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: February 17, 2013, 12:10:30 pm »

All right, we've found ourselves the stupid noble. But if you look at scampers, his health and the hoops he has to jump through, we won't benefit much from being in his company. Perhaps he could give us directions to the mayor, though? I'd ask most other nobles what they think about the warden, but this guy is too likely to brag about his intrigue to help us.

This advisor intrigues me. How would he be able to slay me?

Edit:
If we somehow find out that the mayor's advisor is an opponent of the warden's, we could lay the elven war plan on him. He'd be able to provide us with the neccecairy supplies for our escape. Maybe even have the elf tortured and told about fake anti-enviromentalist plans.

Edit2:
Why not ask the idiot?
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 12:25:20 pm by AfellowDwarf »

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 17, 2013, 02:09:40 pm »

That face Ironion is making... I almost want to set him on fire for that and the song. (But still no, don't set him on fire)

I say he's bluffing and is talking about himself in an exaggerated way to look good.

See if you can get anything out of him on where the mayor is (I doubt you will be able to for some reason...) and if you can't then then keep going. We should be careful though in believing what he says, not all of it may be true keep in mind.

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: February 17, 2013, 02:34:42 pm »

Nerin, you should talk and act like the noble you are! not a spineless peasant! you were a lazy bastard all your life, have the other nobles take a look at your hands, are those the work-weary hands of a peasant? No! Muster all the security you have, look him in the eyes, and threaten the damn fool! The King wouldn't take it very well if he'd knew that, a legitimate noble, in his our of need, carrying important news for the mountain home, has been mistreated by a pompous fool!

MOAR RESPECT FOR THE LORD OF THE GLITTERING CAVES!!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 17, 2013, 02:51:45 pm »

That face Ironion is making... I almost want to set him on fire for that and the song. (But still no, don't set him on fire)
You'll turn around eventually. Still, we've got too many witnesses here. Maybe we could act impressed, say we know some ladies that would want to meet him, and ask for directions to his room?

Randy Gnoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: February 17, 2013, 03:09:37 pm »

Pull it together!  You are the PROPHET of the GODS!

Go and speak with the petty nobles of this fortress, but first- put this RAT in its PLACE!

You speak with DIVINE AUTHORITY!  Tell this sniveling creature that the gods live through YOU!  Tell him that YOU were spared the fate of your comrades, to live as an INSTRUMENT OF THE DIVINE!  Tell him that he is a mere SPECK OF DUST!  AN INSECT!  A WORM!

Then urinate on his shoes.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: February 17, 2013, 03:18:22 pm »

We're facing a man-child here. One that possesses something sharp. Unless we can breathe fire or something, we shouldn't play the god angle.

xominxac

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Bookkeeper
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 17, 2013, 03:27:38 pm »

We're facing a man-child here. One that possesses something sharp. Unless we can breathe fire or something, we shouldn't play the god angle.

What's that butter knife (sword) made out of anyways? Copper?

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: February 17, 2013, 03:56:56 pm »

What's that butter knife (sword) made out of anyways? Copper?
Good point. Copper isn't beyond what we can handle with our bare fists and plain clothing before either he or scampers calls the guards. Besides, it's been some time since our guts had some fresh air, might as well let them out.

☼!!Troll Fur Sock!!☼

• Bay Watcher
  • Hight Tentacle of the Eastern Marches
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 17, 2013, 04:30:46 pm »

We should murder him and use his bones to build a totem of Armok, to pray for His help.
Quote from: Necrisha
while I'm processing immigrants
Therefore, starve your metalsmiths for maximum gains.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: February 17, 2013, 05:44:53 pm »

Murder him discreetly not in public.  Also wear his clothes and assume his identity.  If we can coerce that guy to sing for us, our disguise will be flawless.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 17, 2013, 05:54:31 pm »

Murder him discreetly not in public.  Also wear his clothes and assume his identity.  If we can coerce that guy to sing for us, our disguise will be flawless.
You'd want to be taken for that guy? And heck, I'd try my luck at a hammering if the alternative was listening to that song everytime we met anyone.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 90