Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Dwarven ingenuity?

Keep on going downstraem
- 0 (0%)
Time for some heroic swimming?...no?
- 0 (0%)
Find a dead tree or other long object, work as a group to hoist it across. (With emphasis on actually finding said object...)
- 4 (44.4%)
Invent some absurd creation involving rope and stuff which slowly pulls tied up people across…
- 5 (55.6%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 90

Author Topic: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-  (Read 178852 times)

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story-
« Reply #1080 on: February 07, 2014, 11:45:40 am »

Elves use some sort of enchanted wood. Still, they'd be better off with poisoned (with some poisonous plant extract drawn without killing the plant) wooden arrows or stone arrowheads, punji traps and rolling treetrunks*, and big badass beasts of war. As courtlonger we shall bring forth our "insane" ideas and kill a lot more goblins with them than with the gauntlet.

*It worked for the Ewoks, didn't it?
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 07, 2014, 12:28:09 pm »

Well, something being off with the sword could explain why the gauntlet wouldn't work at first.
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 07, 2014, 01:22:32 pm »

Posting to watch.

If all else fails, explain the this gauntlet is antithetical to Elven ways and principles, and they should want nothing to do with it.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: February 07, 2014, 03:53:26 pm »

The elf never said artifacts weren't allowed in the duel, and he never said magic wasn't allowed in the duel. Therefore magic and artifacts were both allowed in the duel. We won fairly.

Also, I forgot to wish this thread a happy birthday. It's been over a year.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 07, 2014, 04:00:32 pm »

They don't care about the duel, though. They outright said so.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 07, 2014, 04:36:48 pm »

Indeed. These elves are probably above the law.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 07, 2014, 07:10:36 pm »

Hahaha I just noticed the one short old elf giving us a thumbs up after ripping off the other elf's top.

Absolutely priceless.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 08, 2014, 04:18:50 am »

The elf never said artifacts weren't allowed in the duel, and he never said magic wasn't allowed in the duel. Therefore magic and artifacts were both allowed in the duel. We won fairly.

Also, I forgot to wish this thread a happy birthday. It's been over a year.

Indeed.
Cloudsprite(the peasant dwarf II?) -interactive story- became a Dwarven Child
And yeah, if artifacts of evil magic weren't allowed, they should have said so the moment we slapped on the obviously evil-looking unique gauntlet.
"Fools dig for water, corpses, or gold. The earth's real treasure is far deeper."

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 08, 2014, 03:03:46 pm »

Again, there's no point in arguing about the rules with them, because they just do not care about the duel.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 08, 2014, 10:45:09 pm »

-Extortusshis is one of Silverdrops five artifacts, six if you count the lost throne. But it was not made by a dwarf from here, in fact it was not made by a dwarf at all. We got all the time in the world so I might aswell tell you the legend.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tell them the story of Extortusshis.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 09, 2014, 08:59:28 am »

-Extortusshis is one of Silverdrops five artifacts, six if you count the lost throne. But it was not made by a dwarf from here, in fact it was not made by a dwarf at all. We got all the time in the world so I might aswell tell you the legend.

Armok killed their moon god person. I imagine they're still angry about that, so we might not want to tell them about his involvement.

Edit:
Maybe they know about that the artifacts are related to Armok, and think that they might be able to get the moon's head back through them? It's insanity, but I guess metal allergies have a way of making one desperate.

Edit2:
Hmm, well, if they wish to reach Armock himself through the artifacts, that'd be easier if we were to secure them a dwarven fort that holds five others.(And I have a plan ready for that scenario.) Not to mention that being deep enough under ground will bring them closer to him, if we were to believe the old man who gave us memory smoke.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 02:53:33 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 09, 2014, 02:53:30 pm »

Armok killed their moon god person. I imagine they're still angry about that, so we might not want to tell them about his involvement.

Edit:
Maybe they know about that the artifacts are related to Armok, and think that they might be able to get the moon's head back through them? It's insanity, but I guess metal allergies have a way of making one desperate.

Well, I did propose to break their curse, an artifact related to the one who inflicted it might help a lot. If nothing else, it would offer a certain sense of symmetry. Also, I'm secretly hoping there will be a magical "moon" girl involved, like in Avatar: The Last Airbender. Worst case scenario If it goes as I expect, we could say this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vr9xPqGD8o

Also, I propose we reveal our nature to the priests, and if we do it we might as well do it badassfully. For a base template, go for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lX7HDcvw2pk
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 03:07:25 pm by Tirion »

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 09, 2014, 03:25:26 pm »

We could also invade Hell to retrive the moon head, but that's an herculean effort. We could probably get Batmen tribes in on this with the 'Demons are evil' angle. We'd clothe them in adamantine, of course. Weither or not this'll put any dent whatsoever in the demon population likely depends on how many batmen we can find. I don't think any other remotely sane group of people would join us on this, though.

Edit: I wonder if adamantine counts as metal for the elves.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 03:39:03 pm by AfellowDwarf »

Tirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 09, 2014, 04:32:36 pm »

We could also invade Hell to retrive the moon head, but that's an herculean effort. We could probably get Batmen tribes in on this with the 'Demons are evil' angle. We'd clothe them in adamantine, of course. Weither or not this'll put any dent whatsoever in the demon population likely depends on how many batmen we can find. I don't think any other remotely sane group of people would join us on this, though.

Nerin is not a smith, or a furnace operator. Some of us spirits may be, but it will take practice to control him and do acceptable work. And we have no anvil at any rate.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: February 09, 2014, 04:36:04 pm »

Nerin is not a smith, or a furnace operator. Some of us spirits may be, but it will take practice to control him and do acceptable work. And we have no anvil at any rate.

This is more of a post-fort-conqueration goal. We'll probably have forced a dwarven smith under our command at that point.
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 90