Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 76

Author Topic: Factorio - Factory building game  (Read 255923 times)

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
Re: Factorio - Factory building game
« Reply #435 on: May 10, 2015, 12:17:20 pm »

Pretty sure there are no intentions of adding new ores.

You should play with one of several mods that add ores if that's what you're looking for.

I find it sad that active development on ores/chemicals/the factory part of the game has stopped :(.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #436 on: May 10, 2015, 01:23:38 pm »

http://www.factorioforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=678

tldr; inform yourself instead of assuming

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 12, 2015, 02:06:32 am »

http://www.factorioforums.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=678

tldr; inform yourself instead of assuming

What was the assumption?

I was expressing my distaste for the current direction of the development. I at no point made any assumptions.

TLDR: Reading comprehension... It's a valuable skill.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 02:08:44 am by The13thRonin »

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

DoomOnion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 12, 2015, 07:45:25 am »

Passive aggressiveness is a valuable skill too, it seems.

I absolutely adore the trailer for this game but for some reason I could never get into it.

My inner OCD monster keeps having a seizure whenever a new production line has to be built.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 12, 2015, 09:52:07 am »

I absolutely adore the trailer for this game but for some reason I could never get into it.

My inner OCD monster keeps having a seizure whenever a new production line has to be built.
This is why you get robots! No new production lines, only carefully-arranged boxes and not-so-carefully-arranged roboports. Though it can be slower at the beginning until you upgrade their stack size.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 12, 2015, 10:02:15 am »

Robots are the work of the robo-devil and promote inefficient factory design.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 12, 2015, 10:05:19 am »

Not the construction robots though. They just build your probably-efficient blueprints & chop down trees.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 12, 2015, 10:45:27 am »

Robots are the work of the robo-devil and promote inefficient factory design.

this. you can just have double or triple lines balanced at intervals by splitter used as mixers, they move a LOT of materials, but you eventually always reach the point where you need to migrate to have a bigger space to allocate production

I mostly abandon the old factory as it is, then build the new one, then destroy the old one with construction robots and ship all material back to the new one for future expansion.

however you eventually get to the point where a single factory doesn't have enough space for everything, I still have to manage that phase. I have one save where at least the foundries are delegated, and that's at least half the factory surface, with stuff brought in by trains.

Aavak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Bohemian Shenanigans
« Reply #443 on: May 12, 2015, 11:11:07 am »

Poor robots, they get no love xD

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: May 12, 2015, 11:26:42 am »

They mostly mess up logistic as the object in transit are not accounted for from requesters, better many parallel production chains and trains, I find that more predictable

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 12, 2015, 11:33:21 am »

I don't understand the trains nearly as much as I know how to use the robots, so i've usually avoided having too many lines of conveyor belt.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 12, 2015, 03:13:54 pm »

But not as valuable as the irony skill of course... Gotta remember to not dump-stat the irony skill.

The complex chemical reactions of Bob's mod are fun. The developer should think about incorporating more elements into the game like this. I really don't understand the push for these types of games to have an 'end game'. Notch seemed obsessed for adding an 'end game' to Minecraft as well... The amount of people that pick up Minecraft because they think it's a great RPG and look forward to beating the Ender dragon have to be in the low single digit percentages...

People seem to mostly play these type of games to create and build for the sake of creation and building. Much like why people play city builders.

Can anyone imagine what Simcity 3000 would have been like if the game was like BUILD 2000 INDUSTRY SO THAT YOU CAN PRODUCE A DEATH LASER AND TAKE OVER THE SIM-A-VERSE! For every game of Simcity? How boringly linear...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 03:15:35 pm by The13thRonin »

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 12, 2015, 04:52:28 pm »

But not as valuable as the irony skill of course... Gotta remember to not dump-stat the irony skill.

The complex chemical reactions of Bob's mod are fun. The developer should think about incorporating more elements into the game like this. I really don't understand the push for these types of games to have an 'end game'. Notch seemed obsessed for adding an 'end game' to Minecraft as well... The amount of people that pick up Minecraft because they think it's a great RPG and look forward to beating the Ender dragon have to be in the low single digit percentages...

People seem to mostly play these type of games to create and build for the sake of creation and building. Much like why people play city builders.

Can anyone imagine what Simcity 3000 would have been like if the game was like BUILD 2000 INDUSTRY SO THAT YOU CAN PRODUCE A DEATH LASER AND TAKE OVER THE SIM-A-VERSE! For every game of Simcity? How boringly linear...

I disagree with you. I dont thing they need to add more things like new ors and similar, as the game has enough of it, and mods will fill the gaps for people that want more. But the game need to have more than just building things, as it makes it more interesting.

They need to flash out the combat mechanic more, aliens, and end game. End game is very important, because without it the game is worse. And as it is option in this game you can still play all you want without ever finishing it, but for people that want more like me, only sand box is boring.
Make love not war

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 12, 2015, 04:59:31 pm »

At least the endgame is Factorio would make more sense than in Minecraft.
Spoilers: It involves building something big, resource-intensive, and at the end of the tech tree.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 12, 2015, 05:08:13 pm »

I just hope end game is not just another factory in space, and that it will be more interesting.
Make love not war
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 76