Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 76

Author Topic: Factorio - Factory building game  (Read 254851 times)

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:Utter Insanitiy]
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
Re: Factorio - Factory building game
« Reply #495 on: August 17, 2015, 07:09:56 pm »

Gentlemen, after much sciencing on modded factorio, we have managed to prove the second law of thermodynamics to be false:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

*(Yukoi industries modpack)

If you are lost, yukoi has both torque pased generators and motors, which you can use to produce and consume torque. We managed to multiply the torque's power and extract net energy.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 17, 2015, 07:26:17 pm »

Someone failed at maths.

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #497 on: August 17, 2015, 07:57:02 pm »

Someone failed at maths.

Not sure if you meant the dev or me. The numbers don't add up because the 10-minute graph shows an average production for the time interval (thus including the portion where the steam turbines were still on). But if you look at the graph itself it we cut out the steam power and the engines are running on self-sufficient magic juice for a good while. On 20 minute mark so far, no sign of slowing down.
I really want that one as a "when". I want "grubs", and "virgin woman" to turn into a dragon. and monkey children to suddenly sprout wings. And I want the Dwarven Mutant Academy to only gain their powers upon reaching puberty. I also have a whole host of odd creatures that only make sense if I divide them into children and adults.

Also, tadpoles.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 17, 2015, 08:59:05 pm »

So basically, you can rotate an axle for 10 power, and then use the axle to power a turbine that produces 15 power.  More complicated, but there's the ELI5.  Great stuff!

Djohaal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My deviantart
« Reply #499 on: August 18, 2015, 11:16:05 am »

Anyone would like to play? I have the modpack in my dropbox, server isn't on everyday but we can figure something out.

Also, tadpoles.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: August 20, 2015, 08:47:01 pm »

I've been wanting to try out one of the megamods.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: August 24, 2015, 02:47:22 pm »

Hm, I'm considering buying this but I'm not entirely sure.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #502 on: August 24, 2015, 03:52:02 pm »

Well, Big D actually endorsed it so I'd say that's a pretty big vote of confidence in purchase. ;)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: August 24, 2015, 04:00:25 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can download a demo for it from the site.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: August 24, 2015, 04:15:49 pm »

Well, Big D actually endorsed it so I'd say that's a pretty big vote of confidence in purchase. ;)

Psh. I have quirky likes and dislikes like anyone else. Factorio is nice in that it has no problem with the user making messy or clean builds and multiplayer lets both get together and piss each other off (or work out a middle road, but who wants that). Factorio is pretty darn accessible. You can ignore most of the custom wiring and do fine.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: August 25, 2015, 03:17:46 pm »

So I bought this and it's pretty fun! I completed the first New Hope mission (After almost running out of iron). I also almost hit the map's edges. And used long-reach inserters because I didnt realize underground conveyors were a thing.

I'm sooort of intimidated by all this, to be honest.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: August 25, 2015, 03:42:15 pm »

Build a giant, messy factory with all sorts of uses. Your normal nonscenario map does not have edges.

Then once you have blueprints/redprints & construction robots, take it apart and build it nicer, since by then you'll probably have found a more effective, or at least less messy, factory design. (Alternately, replace winding confused belt lines with logistics robots, logistics chests, & roboports, leave the big furnace export belts intact, and let the robots sort out how to organize it)
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

BigD145

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: August 25, 2015, 11:28:28 pm »

More multiplayer, damnit. (too much real job to multiplayer)

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: August 26, 2015, 06:59:16 am »

Well, here is my first lab setup: (cannibalizing the first new hope mission setup) http://i.imgur.com/JFJyjj4.png (very big)

n9103

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam
« Reply #509 on: August 26, 2015, 07:45:23 am »

Yep, looks about the same as my first few bases :P
This thread on the Factorio forums is chock full of ideas that you can use in building a base.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 76