Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 76

Author Topic: Factorio - Factory building game  (Read 254839 times)

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
Re: Factorio - Factory building game
« Reply #930 on: December 29, 2017, 10:10:13 pm »

Just joined a server for a second (seemed to have a ton of people in it, more than I was expecting) and yoinked the save file for scrutiny.

I ought to try that myself ;) Sounds like a great way to discover new things with minimal distractions...
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: December 29, 2017, 10:24:02 pm »

this mod is actually way cooler than i expected and i expected it to be cool

Basically, you hook up the new train station it adds to a circuit network and the train station will act as a provider to the train network for positive amounts and a requester for negative. Rather than finagling with schedules, I set up each individual train stop to have requests and chests that go into train stations so that one of the four trains I have lying around will deliver stuff.

It requires good signaling, but... I mean, that's probably easier to learn than the circuit shenanigans I have set up (though it's not as complicated as you think to, say, order some sulfuric acid barrels when sulfuric acid in a tank is low)

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: December 29, 2017, 10:29:20 pm »

I was hoping to be able to do something like that simply with vanilla but I have seen that mod mentioned a few times. Does seem rather tempting...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: December 29, 2017, 11:00:35 pm »

Goddamn, oil tanker trains look cool as hell.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Those pumps deploy every time a train arrives.

Makes me wish for some kind of dedicated unloading machine for regular goods rather than a silly looking array of inserters.

----------

I'm at 14 trains right now.

I still don't have enough copper to feed the green circuits to produce 1 million circuits per hour. I'm at 342,000 circuits per hour apparently.

This is insane. I really wasn't expecting this achievement to be so big.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: December 30, 2017, 04:56:57 am »

this mod is actually way cooler than i expected and i expected it to be cool

Basically, you hook up the new train station it adds to a circuit network and the train station will act as a provider to the train network for positive amounts and a requester for negative. 

Been doing that thing manually with duplicate station names, circuits and lot of trains but it’s hard to create enough trains per type - do trains in that mod ship mixed content? I’d need only to change thestack inserter with the filtered version and redo all the blueprints

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: December 30, 2017, 05:41:27 am »

No, but the stop that the mod provides gives the expected items loaded/unloaded from the train on a delivery, so you can hook filter inserters up to it.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: December 30, 2017, 05:58:21 am »

got lot of work to do then ( all this need to change https://imgur.com/a/LgOf8 )

do blueprint book get exported with a modlist?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: December 30, 2017, 08:00:29 am »

There's a pretty annoying bug right now in the latest .16 build.

It seems if your logistics network is too large, it will crash the game as well as screw up saves. So you can't progress.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: December 30, 2017, 10:38:53 am »

It seems if your logistics network is too large, it will crash the game as well as screw up saves. So you can't progress.

Wasn’t that fixed in .16.10? Or is it a new one?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: December 30, 2017, 12:30:48 pm »

Wasn’t that fixed in .16.10? Or is it a new one?
I think it's a new one. It's happening to me.

It's been fixed.

Edit:

Behold... glorious production:

Perfectly compressed input lines. Almost perfect production. It... it took so much work...

And that's still only 600k circuits per hour AAAAAAAARGH!!!!

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: December 30, 2017, 10:17:24 pm »

It's great how quickly these things tend to get fixed. I stopped yesterday because that crash was affecting me and thought "well, maybe after the weekend", but no, it was fixed by the time I woke up.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: December 31, 2017, 01:24:17 pm »

motorbitch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: December 31, 2017, 03:06:55 pm »

so, train unloading stations. like proably everybody else i had the problem that just using a staight belt and a bunch of injectors will unload the wagons one after the other with greatly increases the unloading time. using one belt line per wagon instead of the whole train improves things, but even then usually one wagon will unload much faster then the others witch makes the train configuration awkward. either wait forever untill the train is empty, or waste a good part of the capacity and limit the train to a single item type per wagon.

now it is rather easy to use the circuit network to make all the injectors work syncronized. however, this too was unsatisfying to me, even with one belt line per wagon. the problem with syncronized injectors is, that tho it unloads the wagons evenly, it will  just syncronize the throughput of every wagon to the throughput of the wagon with the slowest line.

anyway, after a lot of experimentation i learned that if the unlaoding station is build right, it does not even need circuits to unload all wagons balanced at full speed (or, if the demand is lower then the supply, every wagon at 1/4 of the demand).

i came up with two versions, one for a 4 lane output and one for a 8 lande output.

4 belt output:

8 belt output:

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: December 31, 2017, 03:23:06 pm »

Huh, that unloading station looks good. Certainly looks way better than my stupid single line that was always clogged up.

You should post the blueprint.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 76