Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 67

Author Topic: Viva la Revolucion! Game Over, man, Game over!  (Read 125436 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Down with the Evil Empire! Game Begins! Week 1, Day 1
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2013, 04:06:24 am »

Tiruin: You said yes just because you're in the mission?
Err, not just because I was in the mission but just so we could start things up and see how the mechanics follow (But yes, also because I was in the mission)

Question though: We have DS, Toast and Me. Why all the downvotes? Because Nerjin picked them or...?

Also, what's all the shtuff about flavor claiming? Flavor can easily be made out as any person's biography is as different from the next...The name of the role is much better (though I'd not advocate this as it seems there is no way to prove it)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 13, 2013, 09:13:47 am »

Are you an idiot? GlyphGryph already answered that question.
I missed that.  That means that Toony might be scum doing a gambit, but it doesn't change the fact that Nerjin is scum.

ToonyMan dropped the role name so many times that it lost its significance.
Yes, so it wouldn't have identified town very well because scum could've twigged that it was a rebel rolename.  Sure.

That doesn't change the fact that Nerjin completely missing the point of the line of questioning makes him scum.  The fact that Toony dropped the rolename so many times should have made it more likely for an actual Freedom Fighter to realize what he was getting at.

Even if you ignore this whole rolename thing (you shouldn't since it shows he's scum conclusively) there's also the fact that he rolled a completely random team which would have a 5/6 chance of including spies while also giving us no information, and which could have included a guy he supposedly thought was scum (he claims he would've rerolled, but he was using a site to verify that he was only making one roll.  And he should've just struck NQT off the list if he didn't want to include him).

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
  • A photo is worth 1,000 words... all: Guilty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 13, 2013, 11:53:08 am »

Are you an idiot? GlyphGryph already answered that question.
I missed that.  That means that Toony might be scum doing a gambit, but it doesn't change the fact that Nerjin is scum.

ToonyMan dropped the role name so many times that it lost its significance.
Yes, so it wouldn't have identified town very well because scum could've twigged that it was a rebel rolename.  Sure.

That doesn't change the fact that Nerjin completely missing the point of the line of questioning makes him scum.  The fact that Toony dropped the rolename so many times should have made it more likely for an actual Freedom Fighter to realize what he was getting at.

I am supposed to be infallible? I apologize for failing to rise to your expectations your majesty.
The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

Is the admiral of the SS Lapidot.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Replacement Needed! Week 1, Day 2 (Replacement Needed)
« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2013, 12:07:43 pm »

Interesting.
Ford: Why did you down vote?
Dariush: Why did you up vote?
Dariush up voting isn't too surprising, but I'm confused about Ford's choice too.  If he made the vote early on it doesn't make sense to me, but if it was recent I can see why because he's trying to show he's not actually defending Nerjin:
Also, (@Toony), I'm not defending Nerjin so much as trying to figure out who's been handing out crazy pills to all the "smart" players.

Question though: We have DS, Toast and Me. Why all the downvotes? Because Nerjin picked them or...?
That's the largest reason I voted No, yeah.  I'm not going to allow a group that a suspected spy arranged, even if they did RNG in one try.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 13, 2013, 12:10:54 pm »

That's the largest reason I voted No, yeah.  I'm not going to allow a group that a suspected spy arranged, even if they did RNG in one try.

Coherent thought!!! Although I have to say that under this assumption you won't allow anyone's group through but your own.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 13, 2013, 01:03:10 pm »

Dariush up voting isn't too surprising, but I'm confused about Ford's choice too.  If he made the vote early on it doesn't make sense to me, but if it was recent I can see why because he's trying to show he's not actually defending Nerjin:
Oh I hadn't noticed that.  He's definitely scum then for this whole "I'm fiercely defending a guy but I'm NOT SAYING HE'S TOWN!" routine.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 13, 2013, 01:22:17 pm »

NQT:
Dariush
NQT:  What is your view of the new team?
I don't have a strong read on DS and Tiruin yet, but Toaster seems okay. Not the most ideal, but good enough to get going with.
Huh?

@ EVERYONE Am I a fucking idiot? Am I missing something? Is flavor claiming a pro-town thing to do? Jesus Fucking Christ people!
No. It's Toony who's being an idiot, and LS who's desperately covering him.

Mod, could you please give the team composition in the post where you say how many people up/downvoted it?

ZU:
Simply put, I don't think spies would contend themselves with the first result rolled. It's more a gut feeling than anything else that they woud try to manipulate the result to get a certain set of people while making the result look random. Also, I despise Toony's shameless tunneling attempts, so that automatically raises my opinion of Nerjin.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 13, 2013, 02:04:24 pm »

Dariush: Considering there's a 5/6 chance of him getting a team he would like, why would he need to manipulate the result?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 13, 2013, 02:11:37 pm »

Dariush:
ZU:
Simply put, I don't think spies would contend themselves with the first result rolled. It's more a gut feeling than anything else that they woud try to manipulate the result to get a certain set of people while making the result look random. Also, I despise Toony's shameless tunneling attempts, so that automatically raises my opinion of Nerjin.

PPE:  What Leaf said.

What's your read of Tiruin?

Tiruin:  What's your read on Nerjin?  Who are your preliminary choices to go?  Is there anyone you would absolutely not send?

GG:  What happens on a tie vote?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 13, 2013, 02:28:12 pm »

I think I already said, but it counts as a fail. Also, I'm add the team proposals from now on (and retroactively add that one when I get a chance).

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: February 13, 2013, 07:12:32 pm »

zombie urist, ToonyMan:
Ford: Why did you down vote?
This:
Leafsnail is correct that a totally random team is bad because we can't infer anything from it about the organizer.

I think this team ought to be rejected. Seeing what Tiruin comes up with will be worthwhile anyway.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 14, 2013, 10:47:02 am »

Toaster
Tiruin:  What's your read on Nerjin?  Who are your preliminary choices to go?  Is there anyone you would absolutely not send?
Re-reading back (and let me say that is a lot of stuff to mull over O_o),

Tentative:
Nerjin
Captain Ford
notquitethere

...Now I'd like to poke at some interesting posts here:

Nerjin

Coherent thought!!! Although I have to say that under this assumption you won't allow anyone's group through but your own.
So...you seem to have read Toony's post as him only accepting his user-picked group, or a group he is in?

@Toony: So just because Nerjin picked the team mentioned, why are you against it? Have you a deep enough read of him to validate 'scum' in your eyes?

Now an explanation on the picks. We have three of the newest, or perhaps the people who are...particularly unknown except for what they post - no meta, or much visible experience on this board. NQT has shown to be quite the logician, Ford with a mindset based partly on correlations, and Nerjin by his...how do I say...shifting wording? I mean, in his first posts, he goes aggressive at poking posts in an overt manner (this is wifom [post], no explanation given to support such), and then goes on along the probability train, ending up with a random team roll.

This may seem like a meta tell, but if a sabotage goes through, I believe it will be easier to see who is whom.

Also, a small hypothesis: 5 missions where one of them, the fourth, requires 2/3 to be scum to succeed and 1/3 to succeed (assuming they don't lay low). This is a non-NK game. We have 10 players. Assuming a 4/6 ratio (GG states generalities >_<), 4 - spy, 6 - town at best, 3/7 or even 5/5 at worst. The former is judged against the scumteam, and the latter against the town, but putting all pertinent probabilities in anyway.

Someone said about something on Nerjin right?

> Feels like town to me. He stated in his early posts that he was town-aligned, a bit too early before sufficient pressure was even dropped on him. Also, aggressive in his posting.

@ Toony again:

You stated
Throwing it to the rebels is not right.  They just need three wins, if they can get the first (especially with multiple spies in the first mission to cause confusion) it's a more clear victory for them.
I don't see anything of the sort...anywhere. If I've missed it, quote//link please.

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Down with the Evil Empire! (Signups: 0 / 5-10)
« Reply #147 on: February 14, 2013, 11:42:20 am »

Yeah, victory goes to the Rebels if they win 3 missions, and to the Spies if they don't.

Also, if NQT is on the team I'm voting it down. I'm confident enough that he's scum that I'm not sending him anywhere.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Viva la Revolucion! Down with the Evil Empire! (Signups: 0 / 5-10)
« Reply #148 on: February 14, 2013, 11:49:20 am »

Yeah, victory goes to the Rebels if they win 3 missions, and to the Spies if they don't.
Ah, thanks!

Also, if NQT is on the team I'm voting it down. I'm confident enough that he's scum that I'm not sending him anywhere.

So...why? Could you summarize it, please?

Nerjin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 14, 2013, 11:55:19 am »

Nerjin, just go for that team. We'll only know it was a good one if it succeeds. (Besides, spraypainting isn't that hard, and your team has the smarts, the muscle and the heart to win!)

That right there. He doesn't seem all that worried about finding scum and even goes so far as to say so. Seems awfully suspicious to me. He'd have to do some SERIOUS convincing before I'd consider him for a team again.

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 67